Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Nip Tuck

Ms DD   

As going under-the-knife becomes as normal as wearing make-up or highlighting their hair, would you go for it? In a survery, an overwhelming 96% of British women 'constantly worry about their body shape and size', 83% 'don't think they have a good body' and 81% say their body 'makes them feel down'.

Where does this insecurity come from?

My boss has received from her hubby a gift certificate from top surgeon for her birthday. She didnt know that he was unhappy with her body but then i pointed put that he perhaps sensed that she wasnt happy with her body so he is being kind.

Ibtisam   

Loool. Did she divorce him? :D

Personally I would not consider it, unless I was in a car crush or something and I was severally damaged beyond believe, (even then I think some scholars say it is haram, even though you are just returning to your old out look.) I think otherwise it is a lazy way out, and it takes too much energy and money, and you have to keep doing it, might as well hit the gym.

Ms DD   

^^ No she is just wondering what he wants her done as she doesnt want to ask him incase ee bad isku furto. She aint happy with her chest, but he could tell her to fix something else, increasing her insecurity.

LoL..poor woman. Ninkaasi waxbuu ujeedaa. It's probably a prelude to "Honey, I have fallen out of love with you".

Plastic surgery? Nah. If I can't age gracefully, I will just resort to hiding my age.

well me personaly i dont see y one should grow old gracefully... hence the min i start seeing gravity taking its course i intend to book an appointment under the knife.... :rolleyes:

ps hello ladies :D

Ms DD   

Che

Only because they ar fighting against gravity. Having children, breastfeeding etc etc whilst men only have to contend with beer belly (funnily enough, it is not an ailment our somali blokes suffer).

^^^All those are legit concerns, but I think it goes beyond that. I have seen teenagers getting breast implants. It is something that starts at younger age.

mantra   

^^gravity knows no age I'm afraid.

Personally I have considered going under the knife, but that's as far as I go.

I would definately send my husband off to a surgeon if I was guaranteed he wouldnt run off with a youngin after his transformation....

Aisha   

^^Looooool. Are you serious!!!

Well for me, my answer is "HELL NO"!!!! I will never even think about going under the knife to save my life let alone change the way I look! We're talking about needles and cutting and pain! I can't understand why ppl would voluntarily choose to go through that!

There was this eygptian actress who went and got liposuction done. There was some complications and she fell into a coma. She was in the coma for 1 year but she just died in the end! I have heard so many cases like that. It's not rare! So sad. Instead of ppl saying Al-hamdulilah, they wannah go change them selves!

Ebyan   

Originally posted by *Aisha*:

Well for me, my answer is "HELL NO"!!!! I will never even think about going under the knife to save my life let alone change the way I look! We're talking about needles and cutting and pain! I can't understand why ppl would voluntarily choose to go through that!

Same here..hell to the no.

Blessed   

I think it's pointless. You get hideously obvious results and you still have to deal with the pathetically insecure Xaliimo in your head. Which is why they keep going back for more.

-Lily-   

Cambarro,

Advice your boss to re-arrange his face and then he can find some good use for his surgery vouchers. That's the crulest thing I've ever heard!