while the females prance

with tight skirts and jimmy hats

are passed around like

tea when ayeeyos get together

for their ritual meeting

of reminicing of the good ol' times

that weren't really all that good

but you still listen with rapt attention

captured by the rapture on their wrinkled golden faces....making you ashamed of that phase

that you felt torn...over being American Bred

and somali born

wondering why questions of Who are you really

used to arouse your mind like an aphrodisiac daily...cause finding oneself is a western ideology...and such idiocy isn't well time spent..when you could of repent...for all your sins..but like verizon you were just trying to be In....but like a tree with out roots wouldn't grow....like a river with out of source wouldn't run...you could never forget where you are from....people praise you for your cultural difference...you're unique they say....you wrap that around you like a blanket on a cold winter day...embrace your Somalinimo...and all the ugliness that comes with it.....and wear it proud like a pink ribbon on a cancer survivor.. then you see a sight so heartbreaking like your significant other cheated on you....all the sudden that blanket becomes a choker. can't breath....and all the sudden the party stops

.cause your people seem to be embracing the culture of the same people that were praising you for being different...alcohol is passed around like water...and Pass the ganja....where the weed at....are common phrase.....words like ***** *** nigga....Look at that *** ....thrive and live through our somali tongues....you'd see mothers and daughters wining to latest Reggea beat...trading smokes and 100 proof..champagne wishes and cavier dreams...wearing clothes so tight you can't tell where their gutt ends and butt begins...skinny little girls with fashionable eating disorder...trying to fit into american beauty imagery... they don't notice their bones are beating together like a drummer boys sticks...but the only image they envoke is a dancing skeleton with organs...

all the sudden...life in this party turns to a nightmare that you can't wake up from.....cause you realize every body just wants a slice of the american pie...

not knowing uncle sam is just screwing them all...without protection....