Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland president musa biixi Abdi visits Djibouti

Everything from bussineslicences to accepting somaliland passports alll the way into investing in somaliland companies   Guele remains a great leader and a great friend 

galbeedi   

There won’t any investment. Muuse and company went to Djibouti to get American visa to travel to the US. They are regular people like me and you going to the embassy and asking or begging for entry visa.

that was the main reason of the visit 

Why would muse take. Four ministers with him if it was just to get the visa

surely I don’t argue that the visa isn’t part of his visit but it isn’t the main issue 

galbeedi   

Xaaji,

As a diaspora resident all you see is moving pictures and hand shakes. 

8 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Why would muse take. Four ministers with him if it was just to get the visa

Both minister Sleebaan Cali Koore t and Saajin ,the indusrty minister are traveling to the US with Muuse Biixi,  thus they must come to Djibouti to get their visa.I could tell you more if yiou need.

8 hours ago, galbeedi said:

There won’t any investment. Muuse and company went to Djibouti to get American visa to travel to the US. They are regular people like me and you going to the embassy and asking or begging for entry visa.

that was the main reason of the visit 

With Muuse Muqayil's Jabuuti baasaboor waliba. Markaas ayuu beri sawiro been ah dalkugal ayaa baasaboor beenaadkii naloo saaray asagoo leh. 

galbeedi   
1 minute ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Markaas ayuu beri sawiro been ah dalkugal ayaa baasaboor beenaadkii naloo saaray asagoo leh. 

Exactly, I even heard that some of the ministers were using foreign passaports to get the visa, and Muuse Biixi will be using Djiboutian passaport for the entry visa. If someone in Hargeisa says he is a dual citizen, he will arrest them. Go figure.

It is obvious that Somaliland's Passport is not recognised world wide, although the number of countries accepting it is growing nonetheless. For example, UK accepts diplomatic passport but normal passport is accepted by case-by-case (for example students that are accepted in UK Universities).

The visit by President Muse Biihi to Djibouti comes at a time when Djibouti is going through its worse political crisis. A number of high level officials are under arrest accused for orchestrating a Coup. A secret Audio was recently leaked where IOG is using colourful language in reference to prominent figures in Djibouti including the Opposition leader. 

At a time the relationship between Djibouti and Hargeisa is at its warmest and also the relationship between Djibiouti and Mogadishu is at its lowest point. 

Additionally, the top US Defence Chief is in the region and so there could be also a secret meeting between the two sides. 

All in all, this visit is coming at an interesting time politically and security in the region.