Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Somali Men

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

^^^^oK Sawirida Fiiri Naysiin ahaa indhiha idin tiray. He did post one about Somali Women

Che, I wasn't talking about the lack of women on here (it's titled 'Somali Men' after all), but why there seems to be more successful men on here than there were women on the 'Somali Women' thread.

Hope it makes sense now.

Sophist   

I think, it is generally accepted (particularly in London) between the ages of 23-35 success is more prevelent in the female folk.

Chimera   

Originally posted by murefu:

quote:What are we celebrating here? A handful of somalis amongst 7/8millions who went thru school? It would b truly sad if it wasn't so staggeringly WRONG!

smile.gif

There are ALOT more somalis with great academic abd professional careers

may you post them(with their careers/background INFO) here '
You just explained the whole point of my topic thanks!

i don't live in the US or Canada or the scandanavian klig klåg klig klåg countries lol

i was hoping i would spark a ''people knowing succesfull somalis from different countries post there info''topic

nobody will do it for us cause we don't have foreign embassies

Thierry.   

Sophist I think this guy is certainly a big fish in the world of African banking.

Family Name: Mohamed

Given Name: Adan

Positions

Positions listed are those which are held currently or have been held in the past. Dates are given wherever possible. Where there are no dates, positions are ordered alphabetically.

Managing Director - Barclays Bank Kenya (2002 - ?)

Chairman - University Council - Jomo Kenyatta University

Achievements

Where there are no dates, achievements are ordered alphabetically

East African Business Leader of the Future - The Guardian (2002)

http://www.barclays.com/africa/pdfs/annual_report_kenya_2003.pdf

David sxb adi xataa aabahaa-baad soo dhajisey aniguna my first cousin aan kuu wadaa, I will post his picture InshaAllah when I get home tonight. ALso, Ahmednasir is a cousin of Ali Abukar, Mogadishu Universty president

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Private Practice Lawyer Profile for Ahmednasir M. Abdullahi

Ahmednasir M. Abdullahi

Ahmednasir, Abdikadir & Co.

Practice Areas: Civil Litigation; Commercial Law; Corporate Law; Banking; Aviation Law; Immigration Law; Refugee Law

Admitted: 1993, Kenya

Education: Nairobi (Honors, LL.B.); Cornell University (LL.M.)

Chairman:Law Society of Kenya (2001-2002).

Chairman: Anti-corruption committe of kenya ( he recently resigned after he had verbal exchanges with Kibaki, the president and he fired more than 19 judges because of corruption in his tenure)

Profesor: Nairobi University

Board Member: KACC

Biography: Chairman, Law Society of Kenya, 2003-2005. Commissioner, Kenya Law Review, 2003-2006. Lecturer in Law, University of Nairobi, 1992-2003. Author: "Burial Disputes in Modern Kenya: African Customary Law in a Judicial Conundrum (1999) Pg. 218 (Book); "The Refugee Crisis in Africa as a Crisis of the Institution of the State," Vol. 6, International Journal of Refugee Law, 1994; "Ethnic Clashes, Displaced Persons and the Potential for Refugee Creation in Kenya: A Forbidding Forecast," Vol. 9, International Journal of Refugee Law, (1997); "Article 39 of the Ethiopian Constitution on Secession and Self Determination: A Panacea to the Nationality Question in Africa," Verfassung Und Recht in Abersse, (1998); "Human Rights Protection in Africa: Towards Effective Mechanism, Vol 3, 440-445 pgs, East African Journal for Peace and Human Rights (1997); Is Northern Somalia "the Republic of Somaliland" under International Law? 1 University of Nairobi Law Journal, 42-56(1994); "Winding up the State: Why African States Should Legislate Secession as Constitutional Rights for Ethnic Nationalities, in JOE OLOKA ONYANGO, et al (eds), Law and the Struggle For Democracy in East Africa (1996).

Languages: English, Kiswahili, Somali

His Company's Profile

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

^ Perhaps. Or it could be that there is less information online about some of the more successful women out there.

That's good. We don't want our women to put their faces in public for every Tom, Dick and Harry to look at. Cover up.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Thierry.:

Sophist I think this guy is certainly a big fish in the world of African banking.

2142623340050227796rfikdkthuz6.jpg

Family Name: Mohamed

Given Name: Adan

Positions

Positions listed are those which are held currently or have been held in the past. Dates are given wherever possible. Where there are no dates, positions are ordered alphabetically.

Managing Director - Barclays Bank Kenya (2002 - ?)

Chairman - University Council - Jomo Kenyatta University

Achievements

Where there are no dates, achievements are ordered alphabetically

East African Business Leader of the Future - The Guardian (2002)

nice nice thanks!

Val- It does, but I was actually talking to Sacdiyo who was asking why the thread was only dedicated to Somali men.

LoL@Jimcaale.

Rose says, "Someone said he only looks from his tribe, which is it?"

The most beautiful one who I happen to hail from. They are all hot exception being me ( I look like other Somalis :mad: )

Sophist- I didn't wanna break the sista's heart, I was actually being kind. :D

Aaliyyah   

masha-allah it is great 2 see somali men making a difference. I believe those of u who are here could learn a thing or two from these successful men. i juz luvv when i c an educated brother,there aint many around here smile.gif --allow garab gal kuwii dadaalay, kuwa kalena sido kale ku gaadhsi hamigooda.!!

Wa salaam