Sign in to follow this  
CARTAN

Infatuation.....

CARTAN   

Asallaamu Caleykum..

Weligaa ma jidbootey; Jacayl Jeel ma u aaddey?...If so, you might be an instructor of Love...but still you might not have enough experience about it,and that's if you just get my own road...

Let me teach you What I think you need to know about Love...Jaceel,Cishqi; Caashaq or Mucaashaqnimo ahaatee...

As I lie on my bed alone, thinking of you

wondering what you could be doing all alone.

I hear your voice calling out to me, telling me your okay.

Fading away, I reach out for you. Knowing your away.

Nights are warm and uncomfortable now.

They used to be comforting and soothing when you were around.

Now I have to keep this fan on high, as too cool my head and

ease my mind.

I miss you, I know this to be true.

As for our love, I wonder if its still true.

You tell me to get over you, and get on with my life.

I reply to you, that you are my entire life.

You are the one, that makes me fell good.

To the point of excitement and joy, making me feel like a little boy.

I know you, the real you.

You say your not in love with me, and thats no lie.

But if you could only see the love I have for you.

You'd then understand that we are really not two.

But one and only one, the way we should be.

So tell me you love me, and all will be forgotten.

I love you, and let that not be forgotten.

HA QOOMAMMEYN HANNA QUUSSAN.

WAXAAN NAA LA REEMMAA; RAGGANIMANA OGA TAGGEY

JACAYLBAY RAGGAADSHEE...

NABAD IYO CAANNO...

CARTAN

[This message has been edited by CARTAN (edited 04-04-2002).]

CARTAN   

Hi,all my Nomad friends....

What's going on here today? Maalintii nin jooggiyo Maankayga Calafkiis!!

Let us talk about the difference between Love and Infatuation.

Infatuation is instant desire...one set of glands calling to another. Love is friendship that has caught fire. It takes root and grows, one day at a time. Infatuation is marked by feelings of insecurity. You are excited and eager but not genuinely happy. There are nagging doubts, unanswered questions, little bits and pieces about your beloved that you would just as soon not examine too closely. It might spoil the dream. Love is the quiet understanding and mature acceptance of imperfection. It is real. It gives you strength and grows beyond you, to bolster your beloved. You are warmed by their presence even when they are away. Miles do not separate you. You have so many wonderful memories in your head that you can keep reliving. But near or far, you know that they are yours and you can wait. Infatuation says, "We must get married right away, I can’t risk losing my beloved." Love says, "Be patient. Don,t panic. Plan your future with confidence." Infatuation has an element of ….. excitement. Whenever you are together you hope it will end in intimacy. Love is not based on ….. It is the maturation of friendship. You must be friends before you can be true lovers. Infatuation lacks confidence. When your beloved is away, you wonder if they're cheating. Sometimes you check. Love means trust. You are calm, secure and unthreatened. Your beloved feels your trust and it makes them even more trustworthy. Infatuation dies when your hormones stop raging and you have nothing left. That's when you find that the little things you thought were cute before begin to annoy you. Love, being based on friendship allows for communication and the working out of petty little grievances. Infatuation often leads you to do things you will regret. Love is elevating. It lifts you up. It makes you think and feel up. It makes you a better person than you were before.

_________________CARTAN__________________

MAALINTII NIN JOOGGIYO MAANKEYGA CALAFKIIS!!

HA QOOMMAMEYN HANNA QUUSSAN!!

NABAD IYO CAANO...

hello there cartan how u doing?

i definetely like and agree about what u posted about the difference between love and infatuation and it is something that i feel that the younger somali generation don't differniate between but i hope this would help them understand the difference a bit. keep up the good work. peace

Hibo   

My My Cartan or should I say Professor. I am very impressed with your comments... please keep them coming walaalo :)

Baydan   

Cartan you're one gifted person I like it alot how you differentiated between the two. You've captured in mere words what I've always thought was the essence of love..

Beautiful work..thanks biggrin.gif

CARTAN   

SCORPION_SISTA,AMEENAH AND BAYDAN, I'm glad to see your benna-fade appreciation and thank you for your sincer encouragement. For you guys deserve the best!

Scientist have managed to indentify a chemical responsible for infatuation. When two people meet and fall for each other, a chemical called PEA(phenylethylamine), is released in the brain. This chemical acts like an amphetamine and enlivens the body, heightening the sences and empo-wering the individual with an incredible feeling of confidence. This explains how you are able to stay up till 5:00 am talking to your new love, and hardly feel tired.

PEA is also produced when people are angaged in thrill-seeking or dangerous activities; alertness is increased, but so is a tendency for love. There are countless stories of people falling in love in the world of battle or in strange, exotic

locations.

The baby boom, for example, is a product of this phenomenon. Soldiers rushing home from thedangers of war began a reproductive surge larger than any recent history. For a lot people in new relationship, the rush of PEA subsides when the novelty wears off. There are some people, however, who are addicted to the hogh produced by new romances; these people jump from one4 relationship to other For them, the endlessly repeating cycle of new-love hights and breakup lows is exhausting. Yet, there is hope. Doctors have made progress trating love-junkies with antidepressants. As a result many

former addicts have been able to hold secure, happpy relationships.

_________________CARTAN__________________

MAALINTII NIN JOOGGIYO MAANKEYGA CALAFKIIS!!

HA QOOMMAMEYN HANNA QUUSSAN!!

NABAD IYO CAANO... *** ***

[This message has been edited by CARTAN (edited 04-07-2002).]

Hibo   

Cartan: I am indeed taken back by ur so informative comparison of infatuation and love. I have been in love, bro yet I can't seem to feel the same for anyone else....I don't know why...so can u help explain that? If ur thoughts r, I am not open to new chapters I am.....all ready for anything n everything...yet the thought of falling in love has yet to cross my mind.

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress

Cartan walaalo educate me i honestly cannot diferentiate the difference between lust and love. I thought it starts with lust and eventually progresses into love. Lust is the attraction,right? so how can you be inlove with someone you're not attracted to.