Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Is it time to ban everyone?

stop_sign_1.jpgIs it time to ban everyone?

SOL is indeed a great site; the admin has worked over time trying to keep the place clean and tidy for our benefit. Lately we have a number of experienced nomads who are on a quest to ban anyone they deem has trampled on their sensibilities. Many excuses are made, the individual is Anti Somali, Anti Islam, Anti my region or the individual has outwitted me in an argument and thus should be banned. All these accusations and calls for a ban, creates a toxic environment in the forum and will make many individuals leave if things are not corrected.

If someone breaks the rules, use the tools available to contact the admin of the site instead of creating a thread and making unwarranted and unnecessary accusations and attacks.

Lets give the site the respect it deserves and the admin their responsibility and lets enjoy what we have here. Kindly don’t ruin it for everyone by adding your own made up rules and by attacking a fellow Nomad because of a silly exchange.

^ Are you one of the Moderators bro ?

I really like this site, its clean and one can learn a lot from it. Specially the Islamic section.

Maashallah, most of the people are well educated. I have also noticed that there are alot of silent readers who do not participate the discussion but love reading great debates.

Overall its cool site I don't why people are complaining so much?

Xaaji Dhagax: No adeer I am not one of the moderators, nor am I a smart aleck like our NGOONGE, however we both share a desire to keep our sanity and not fall into the clutches of the lynch mobb.

Haatu   

Totally agree with you GD. If you have a problem with someone, just silently report them (no offence to A&T).

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by Xaaji Dhagax.:

^

I really like this site, its clean and one can learn a lot from it. Specially the Islamic section.

Overall its cool site I don't why people are complaining so much?

I couldn't agree with you more.

I have been a proud member of SOL since 2004 and have not had a single problem of any kind here so far. SOL is all about snow crystals, Noo qabiil, noo qaaylo, Noo Caay, Noo buuq.

There's a wisdom quote, saying:

'' Complainers change their complaints, but they never reduce the amount of time spent in complaining''.

Jibreel   

Perhaps its about time that people stopped out-threading each other on the topic.

Instead of starting a new thread you could have just voiced your concern in the other one.

As for the reasons you stated why people shouldn't be banned, some are quite reasonable but there should be a ground when mocking the fundamental principles of Islam.

There is nothing that i can think of that can make or force an individual to mock a religion in the basis of freedom of speech, or call it what you may.

Mocking creates no environment for a reasonably intellectual debate nor does it create anything of substance. The end of it all is nothing but provoking the majority of the members(Muslims) and that beggs for some accountability.

Jibreel.

Tuujiye   

^^^ Jibreel good for you man..you and Xaaji are the first muslim elien in sol maasha allah wlc with open hands hadaa rabtaana we have some bajaqs with some soft hands and kushin xabads that will give you hugs... wlc...lool..

Duke waraa aniga SOL Al-shabaab aan noqon rabaa mar dhow adigana peace iyo stop sign aaba soo qaadanee sidii nin yaqaan sida dadka loo kala cesho..duqa waa u jeedaa meeshaan baadiriyaan ayaa soo galee iyo Ayan Hirsi walaaleheed maybe adaa is fahmi doontaan loooool sorry that was suxul baruur....

Ngonge kudhufo malayga yaaqee....

Xaaji- wlc abti...do you wanna be part of my group is called "lets qaniin gaalada SOL"?

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Abtigiis   

looooooooooool@Jibreel. Nothing to add on that one.

But one think I always remeber about Saakin's(my habo) incessant rantswas when she says:

"Hunno inkaar baa igu dhacday de! Tii Xaali ahayd unbuu ilaahay i daba dhigay oo hadaan far xinne marsado, tobankaba soo gashan! anagaa wax aragnay."

Abtigiis   

Sherban, I raised an issue. Please address that one and not the intentions of people. And also spelling as if you are Grade 4 English teacher. Speaking of who used to beat us when he asks "WHAT IS THE OPPOSITE OF CAT?" and We fail to say "RAT"!