Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Why are women shipped from Somalia..

lol@Sista Haneefah, I asked you a closed end question, haa mase maya.

I never once made a judgement about your life.

BTW, yOu just seemed so tense when you wrote your previous post thats all.

Furthermore, no woman is at fault for the abuse her husband afflicts on her despite the type of mentality or behaviour she manifests. I find it quite absurd and absolutely wrong for anyone (let alone another woman) to even suggest that some women 'give the green light' for abuse. Any husband who abuses his wife is sick, he is the culprit and he alone should be held accountable for this heinous crime.

I wholeheartly agree with you.

The blame lies with the abuser not the abusee, and no one is arguing about that.

But for you to find comfort in another human being, may it be your bestfriend, your sister, next door neighbour(neph's case) and so forth, there is nothing wrong with that.

Sure enough, once you make your private affairs public, depending on the person it ear it falls on, words can be spread faster than you can say "yahoow".(neph's case a good example)

No xalimo from xamar laga keenay knows ninka inuu gumeesanaayo, thats why neighbours such as neph out to be neutral, find a way to resolve it by listening to both sides or having a way to reach out not just to one party but both parties and get them involved in a dialog and by doing that, she needs to tell the neighbour to have the husband be open to discussion, whether it is just the two of them or involving an elder, however way that makes the situation easy for both parties.

Either way, hadii naagtaas ay neighbourgeyga ahaan laheyd, I wouldn't lash out on her hubby even if she is doing all the trash talking, instead at the end of that lashing once she is settled, I would ask that she find a way to communicate with him and have her listen to her concerns.

Sometimes, people need to be guided sista haneefah, you can't shut people up or they would just explode and we dont want suicide rate rising in our community, hence why its good to chit chat to your neighbour etc if thats what she feels like as long as she knows what she is doing is the right thing.(use caution and select a trusted confidant not your neighbour in unit 2B(neph's apartment #, incase anyone wants it or else neph will broadacst you out in public forums)

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

Well...according to some research -

:D:D:D

Cheers

Ahhh! And there it is!! Finally our China Man gets it. :D .

From the article:

"If a relationship is based on authoritarian control, keeping one person on top and the other underneath, it gets old pretty fast - for both partners"

^ Amen! :D .

Originally posted by NGONGE:

When all is said and done there exists NO
married
woman in this world that is NOT a raaliyo! Are we splitting hairs here and trying to work out what levels are accepted and what not?
:D

Qaxqaxqax, not true! No more "yes, dear" type. It's all about having a little feistiness! L0L. Sometimes Faaraxs need controversy for stimulation of the mind. And when we do what we do, it's because we choose to, not because we have to. ;)

On a side note: I heard India is the "in thing" ayaamahan. The dotheads waa Raaliyooyin baa loogu sheekeeyay! L0L.

PS: Layzie: Weligaa inta ii timaadid nin baa i abuse-gareeyee ha igu dhihin, haddii kale waxaa sameenaayo waa ogtahay maahoo? Jiirada ugu horeeso lee istaagaa aan dhahaa: Dameer waaaye. :D .

Naden   

Any man who ships a woman from anywhere (Russia?) is bringing a barracuda-in-training-wheels home. I would suggest that they stick with Westerners, too tired from jobs and public transportation and numbed by cable TV. Those FOB chicks will lay low for a little while but the emasculation kits will come out faster than Dexter's bag.

Go ahead and call your abti or edo for a referral, but don't come cryin' to us on SOL when she pulls your eyeballs out of your a*ss.

Emperor   

^Im about to ship one from the far horn and eastern tip corner of Africa, any suggestion for me? Interesting ones please...

Im on a milestone project, to evaluate and compare between the western and eastern wifes, pure Somali thou... I shall report back.

Any volunteers :D

Buuxo   

^Good luck finding volunteers,and remember it's unethical to do your little evaluation without them approving.

Well said Haneefah.

My collage friend and I planned to have a coffee on one afternoon. I called him ahead of time to pick him up. to my surprise he told me that he can not make it because " Ciyaalkaan hayaayoo xaaskiibaa Salaad jimco soo tukanaysa" That cracked me up walaahay. bal may gurigeeda ku tukato asagaaba u ajar badane. guys are being abused left and right in the west

Malika   

^^ :D He stays home and she goes to pray Jumaaca prayers? That is a tad bit extreme..Lol

Somali affairs,be it marriage,parenthood,community etc etc are a reflection of what is happening on ground back home,pure chaos!!

Baluug   

Originally posted by Naden:

Any man who
ships
a woman from anywhere (Russia?) is bringing a barracuda-in-training-wheels home. I would suggest that they stick with
Westerners
, too tired from jobs and public transportation and numbed by cable TV. Those FOB chicks will lay low for a little while but the emasculation kits will come out faster than

Go ahead and call your abti or edo for a referral, but don't come cryin' to us on SOL when she pulls your eyeballs out of your a*ss.

LOL I fully agree with this. A woman is a woman, regardless of where she was raised and what culture she belongs to. A lot of these guys who look to Somalia for a wife are thinking they're gonna have a doormat, someone who they can dictate to as if they're an employee, but just because she's from Somalia and knows nothing of the freedoms women enjoy in the west compared to other countries, doesn't automatically mean she's gonna take bulls**t from her husband. Matter of fact, I would think that women in Somalia are tougher and more resilient due to the circumstances and her environment. And I've heard some horror stories too. I cringed when my ex told me a story about a woman in Muqdisho who poured scalding hot xalwo all over her husband's ahem.....unmentionables, when she found out he had been cheating. :eek: :eek: :eek:

-Lily-   

Ducaysane, there are many couples who take turns going to the mosque to pray, ever considered that. Guys getting 'abused left & right' is a tad bit of an extreme comment.

Certain levels of Raaliyonimo is pure nonsense, always being a desert only serves to make Farax bored and look for a qumayo who keeps him on his toes as we have seen all to often. Similarly, how many women think 'he's just too nice'. Binadin always wants to experience the other side.

Malika   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

^^^
Dahia
Some of us love chaotic life; now let me be your substitute for one day at the school, will you?
icon_razz.gif

Cheers

^Yes please do so..LoL,I must sound so depressed so mahaan..darn winter blues!

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

My collage friend and I planned to have a coffee on one afternoon. I called him ahead of time to pick him up. to my surprise he told me that he can not make it because " Ciyaalkaan hayaayoo xaaskiibaa Salaad jimco soo tukanaysa" That cracked me up walaahay. bal may gurigeeda ku tukato asagaaba u ajar badane. guys are being abused left and right in the west

LOL cibaado Alla ayba ku maqantahee, ma ka darnoo mid riwaayad ku maqan? Rag dhaaxe wallee xaniinyahaa laga siibay meeshan.. :D