Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

Thoughts and Ramblings of a Man on Vacation

Malika   

Brother Cadaan,

Your doing well there Cadaan, Our deen has taught humanity the value of intellect, the importance of reflection and the role of the mind in attaining faith. Faith is the fruit of reason, as Brother Abu Salman had advised you my brother, increase your knowledge of the deen...And Insha’allah through enhancing your Imaan, you will find your answers.

One thing that concerns me my brother is your attachment to the Somali Community...Alhamdulillah through your Somali brothers and sisters you had found the true calling, but my brother being a Muslim had opened up a door for you to join a larger family one that isn’t only of one race, ethnicity nor language, rejoice my brother for your not an only child anymore!!. You’re among the Ummah, the chosen Ummah the beauty of this chosen Ummah is it’s in its diversity of race, ethnicity and languages.

As for the culture there should only be one culture among Muslims and that is the Islamic culture, which is based on the Quran and Sunah of the prophet Mohamed [saw]. So the opportunity of marriage shouldn’t be only based on you finding someone within the Somali community; your aim has for most to find a good Muslimah which ever race she might be.

The odds aren’t stacked against you, but quite contrary the world is your oyster, it just requires a different out look . Divorce tends to make us feel as failures, either we were in the wrong or we were wrong done. It can take a toll on ones confidence, and ability to move on. But one should learn from their mistakes, take the good out of the bad scenario and thrive to a better future.

Your children my brother will appreciate you living the life you deserved to, whether you’re in Calgary or Toronto or London. You will definitely offer them a lot more if you’re happy, content and positive. You have been complaining a lot about Calgary of recent. Perhaps its time to move, while still keeping in contact with your children OR seek and search for a Muslimah that will move to Calgary. Don’t be afraid of change, struggle and involvement that will be required to bringing that change...Insha’allah.

Try and contact the Imams in Toronto, you never know there might be a few Muslimah sisters also in search of a Muslim brother..

One thing you should remember, “Our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear”.

NGONGE   

Is it wrong to have heard violins in my internal jukebox as I read your words above? :D

Ibti,

Babe is a little to intimate for such a blossoming relationship. ;)

CL,

I did and back. What say you? icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

^^Stop hijacking the brothers thread!! did you even taking him anywhere as yet?? You should be ashamed!! icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

^^ More able (and single) brothers are doing that job. I'm told they're doing a good job too. ;)

ps

Can you please stop interfering; I'm trying to woo CL here.

Ibtisam   

Ooops another one beats the dust.... icon_razz.gif baal let me get a chair and a good spot so I can have a good view. :D

CL give it to him icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

^^ See now? You made her go all shy. She's probably sat in front of her keyboard trying to post a suitable reply as she attempts to suppress a smile whilst thoughtfully twiddling her hair. :D

NGONGE   

As the master, Mr Pepe Le Peu once said:

"You stop resisting me, bebe, and I'll stop resisting you."

pepe.gif

Old men…mid-life crisis? icon_razz.gif

Dating Tips from the master of romance Pepe Le Pew

“You are my peanut, I am your brittle!”

• “Where are you, my little gumbo of chicken ? Your French fried shrimp is sizzling for you.”

• “Permit me to introduce myself, I am your new lover.”

• “Where are you, my little object of art? I am here to collect you.”

• “Is it possible to be too attractive?”

• “You know, most men would get discouraged by now fortunately for you, I am not most men!”

• “You stop resisting me, bebe, and I’ll stop resisting you.”

• “You are the corned beef, and I am the cabbage. The corned beef is nothing without the cabbage.”

• “The game of love is never called on account of darkness, my little midnight snack."

• “You may call me Streetcar, because of my desire for you.”all

Hey Cadaan,

Good luck with your struggles...I really don't know how to advice you on that situation but I have to say please, whatever you do, don't move from your kids. I'm talking about experience. You don't want to be parenting your kids from the phone or become a stranger to them. So ignore those telling to move for the sake of a honey. It's not worth it.

You can't guarantee a relationship with a spouse but your children are for life. Look for someone who not only accepts your children but would love them as her own and treat them well.

Lastley --- expand your options. Your limiting your pool greately right now.