Sign in to follow this  
Prometheus

UAE Supreme Court: Wife-beating Not A Crime.

I don't know whether to :D or to :mad: @ this story and its responses. :confused: @ the judgement of "wife's 'discipline' went over the top - but daughter 's 'discipline' illegal and not allowed because she was an adult. :eek: xaggee buu xukunku iska qaban layahay???????

I'll opt to relate the story of my sister - whose husband beat her blue and white. my brother found out about it. He confronted the man, the man told my brother to f off and that she was lucky he didn't divorce her too.

My brother took out pistol and made few coordinated bullet holes in his macawis - one bullet lodged in his thigh. it suffices for me to say that man never jumped to beat another woman - but i am not sure if he crawled :D

which brings me to the question - do these wives not have male relatives who protect them from abuse??

Also - have you lot heard about the yemen practise of marrying the sister of whoever marries your sister - on the premise that - should your sister be beaten - you avenge by beating his sister and vice verse you shouldn't beat up your wife - if you don't want your sister beaten ;) :cool:

sick huh?

Ismalura   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

LOL! Yes, it is shockingly that simple.But I think you're confusing the abuse with the acceptance. I am not saying it is simple to leave an abusive relationship. Sometimes circumstances won't allow you to jump ship. But what I'm disgusted by is the fact that some women ACCEPT the fact not only will they be beaten BUT that GOD gave another human being the RIGHT to beat them! And to that I say, mac sokor! If you're that big of an *****, if you truly think a man has a right to beat you then you should be beaten day and night.

C&H like you said your argument is very simplistic and uni dimensional. You can afford to speak like this because you know better but have ever seen women who believe 'ilaahey baa u baneeyay'. Once someone told me 'Nabiga (pbuh) yaaba xaaasaskiisa garaaci jiray'. Of course she did know enough about the suna to know that the prophet never did such a thing and even condemned it. Like I sad before, I am not knowledgeable enough to go far into the religious aspect of this but I know that a women has the right to speak up, fight back and get out of a harmful relationship. I would say that you take a closer look and while you thank God for knowing better you should have some understanding and compassion for those who don't.

C&H like you said your argument is very simplistic and uni dimensional. You can afford to speak like this because you know better but have ever seen women who believe 'ilaahey baa u baneeyay'. Once someone told me 'Nabiga (pbuh) yaaba xaaasaskiisa garaaci jiray'. Of course she did know enough about the suna to know that the prophet never did such a thing and even condemned it. Like I sad before, I am not knowledgeable enough to go far into the religious aspect of this but I know that a women has the right to speak up, fight back and get out of a harmful relationship. I would say that you take a closer look and while you thank God for knowing better you should have some understanding and compassion for those who don't.

Ya Rab! I hate this "conditioned response" B.S theory :eek: . Yes culture and religion has impact on one's perspective in life. But there is also logic and common sense. :confused: Before you even buy into whats allowed and whats not allowed, shouldnt you ask yourself if the action in question benefits you or harms you? In this instance, beating is in question. Then shouldnt one use his or her brain to ask the purpose of diinta? Is the purpose of diinta to subjugate one group to another? Is the purpose of diinta to endanger one's well being emotionally or physically? The answer is no. Then how can you accept from anyone that you as a human being, as a grown up should allow someone to beat you into submission?

Anyone who is satisfied with just hearing from another being whats allowed in our religion and acting accordinly is a moron therefore, I dont feel sorry for them.

If something sounds fishy or go against my human instinct, the least I'd do is ask more questions, follow up, find a second interpretation instead of blindly accepting it as the only truth.

Ismalura   

You would be surprised at the number of people who are satisfied with just hearing from some one and not questioning their authority. It not just husband and wife; ever look at cults and their leaders? at warlords and their supporters who would die for them?

It would be easy if life was just in black and what lakiin that is not how it is. Things happen t shape a person's 'human instinct' 'common sense' and position of the world. The least you could do is try and understand !

I'm not surprised. And just like I don't feel sorry for cult followers, warlord supporters and the likes, I don't feel sorry for naag weeyn oo intay is dhaadhaantey hadana accepted that nin xun ooy shalay baratay has the right to beat her. You can still find yourself in an abusive relationship, in a f-ed up society(like Saudis) that promotes violence against women or you can even come from an abusive home and feel like you have no way out, but the minute you accept it as a right of a husband, then you deserve all you get and some more.

Ismalura   

As a matter of fact this has nothing to do with conditioning response it is more like conforming and blind loyalty thing.

On the issue of acceptance how can you choose when you don't know if they are other options?You can't reject something if you don't know better and if it is accepted by every one around you. To sum it up it is a "everyone I know lives like this and says that this is the right so this most be the only way" kind of thinking.

Fortunately, with things changing and people becoming more exposed most women in abusive relationships know that it is wrong. However, there still are many women who don't know their rights and accept this as their fateful role is life.

Anyway to each their own. Everyone sees the world differently; thus my point.

Chimera   

Lol suckersssss, if beating your wife is not a crime, than neither is robbing a bank, or murder.

Yes I said the M-word.

Taleexi   

CH: Be mind, all people aren't on equal footing in terms of analogical reasoning and analytical thinking. It is a fact that people make decisions about their lives based on information available to them at the time thus, you can't generalize the entire population....... To tune in in the same frequency.

Adiguse in yar oo aan dhib kuu geysanayn haddii lagu edbiyo maxaad ku diiday, unionkiina la badbaadiyo:)

On the issue of acceptance how can you choose when you don't know if they are other options?You can't reject something if you don't know better and if it is accepted by every one around you. To sum it up it is a "everyone I know lives like this and says that this is the right so this most be the only way" kind of thinking.

I know that you're playing the devil's advocate so to speak. But where in the world does such hemogenous thinking exist? Even in cults,opposing views exist though they might not get expressed freely. I doubt that there is a socity or a culture out there so secluded that that they are unawere of other options. Even within such society there has got to be some variations.

Taleexi,

The question is maxaa la ii idbin? Ninka ma asagaa i dhalay? So anigo qof weeyn ah oo aduunka meel ka marayo ima arkin? :rolleyes:

Taleexi   

Ninku ma ku dhalin ee wuu ku qabaa, hadduu dhirbaaxo yar dabada kaaga dhufto adigana wax kuma yeelin isna inuu wax edbiyey buu u haystaa ee maad suuraha iyo isxawaashaynta naga deysid.

Mida kale, dumar badan baa sidaa iimaanka ku qaba ee haka waalin oo ha been guurin, more single mothers taag uma hayno, kuwii hore baanba khaatiyan ka joognaaye smile.gif

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

which brings me to the question - do these wives not have male relatives who protect them from abuse??

Xaaji iis qaaboji, NOT every woman needs a Knight in Shining Armor, ever heard of Madea? :D:D HELLOER!!!

2uhpidd.jpg

Ninku ma ku dhalin ee wuu ku qabaa, hadduu dhirbaaxo yar dabada kaaga dhufto adigana wax kuma yeelin isna inuu wax edbiyey buu u haystaa ee maad suuraha iyo isxawaashaynta naga deysid.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Maybe where you come from, slapping your wife on her backside makes you feel manly but if thats what a man needs to be a man, then his masculinity is in question. Maybe he will feel better after he has a throwdown with the same sex? ;)

There is no suuro on my part. Dharbaaxaa sheegtay, he is not even allowed to raise his voice. Maxaa meesha is edbin keenay? If you dont like edebtayda, the door is open. Maybe he will find a woman who lets him beat her unconcious just to feel manly.