Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Chronic State Of Ennui

NGONGE   

Done the gym thing. Done the holiday thing. I'm now on the stage of reading two books simultaneously. Was never fond of gardening but forced myself to do the garden these past weekends. Was never a fan of shopping but swept the high street for bargains that I eventually did not buy. Did the praying and meditation, thought about the meaning of creation, wrote and read what I wrote but none of it was interesting. I even got a pet that entertained me for a few months then got bored of me and went missing one night.

Should I swap jobs, should I change wives? Should I throw it all away and move to Peru to pursue my childhood dream of tending llamas and goats? How can I get rid of this immovable state of ennui?

Must be the summer blues.

Ibtisam   

Start the cycle again, do the gym thing, holiday...

As you start getting on a bit, life becomes dull, and you will run out things to do. SO stay on your merry go around till death comes for ya.

Okay okay, I'm kidding. I think it is summer blues, you always seemed to like your job?

How about relocating? New environment, things to see, people to meet etc.

Otherwise find a new hoppy, go dancing, racing, horse riding etc. Or maybe you are just burnt out, in which case become a student for a 1month. :D

NGONGE   

^^ I always thought a mid-life crisis involved a busty blonde. Been looking forward to mine for years. :D

Ibti,

Know of any Somali projects I can take part in (on weekends)? I am thinking of starting a youth club. Did it in the past and had a blast (you might even have been one of the kids that used to frequent it). ;)

edit:

Henry, I actually thought about the motorcycle thing. Heh.

MZanzi   

this reminds me of "daily affirmations by stuart smalley": because i'm good enough, i'm smart enough and doggonnit, people like me!

EIDT: Midlife crises can come at any age! I had one at age 000

PS.You really ARE full of yourself.

Ibtisam   

^^^^Lol @ a blond and looking forward to it for years. Haha

No, never went to a Somali Youth club, don't think I even went to a normal one.

Do you want to tutor my kids? (As in kids I use to tutor and no longer do, they are always asking when I'm going to start it again :( )

Most of the organisations I work for you don't like, we had a similar chat last year remember. You had issues with all of them :D

NGONGE   

^^ :D

Well done. You are a low risk candidate. You'll be glad to know that you're neither in a midlife crisis nor are you heading for one.

Obviously you are a man who appreciates the quality things in life. We actually think you'd rather like the finely engineered and refined features of the new Volkswagen Passat.

Next....

Irritability

Loss of libido (sex drive)

Erectile dysfunction (impotence)

Fatigue

Depression, charactised by low moods and (often apparently unaccountable) feelings of sadness and lethargy. At least one study has suggested that those undergoing mid-life difficulties may be distinguished from other men affected by depression by their sense of urgency. Such men are driven to keep on being active, sometimes even more active than they were before the crisis.

Some men may also be affected by:

Stiffness in the muscles and joints

Night sweats

Dry skin

Hair loss

Weight gain

A loss of ability to recover quickly from injuries

Several of these symptoms, occurring together, might understandably provoke a sense of crisis in a man.

Ibtisam   

^^^Those things are normal for the Average man, regardless of whether they are in mid-crisis or not yaa CL.

I think Ngonge is just bored, find some thing new to do.