Shut off the lights!!

Zafir   

Originally posted by devilangle:

^my 3rd husband was 1 .. he left me 4 another man

Ever stoped to ask your self, if perhaps your doings drove him to it. :D

I need my Green badge, I recycle.

Shakti   

^sure my muslima sister.

well i was doing my share of recycling by marrying 1 after another until my 3rd husband who happened 2 be a yellowteeth hiding fairy who beat me to the punch n left me before i could say " talaqtu" 2 him ... so sister i get very senstive on both issues, recycling n fairies(aka darn Arabs)

zafir :rolleyes:

ps jonnyBoy sorry 4 disturbing the green thread

Khalaf   

oyyeeeeeeee little girl....dats ur way of calling the arabs gay huh....where in arabiya u from horta? the gulf...thats why u hate arabs...been to baitul sham jorden, syria? good ppl, land diff then da gulf arabs

green what? say what? we are somalis, we dont care about dat shhh

Gabbal   

Originally posted by STOIC:

Imagine a poor country hit by Katrina.

Perhaps the 15 year making of Somalia summarized in a day's event?

RedSea   

All this have to be blamed on the so called developed world.The poor countires like ours haven't taken advantage when our climate had quality.Most of the world resource seem to be used,or simply no clean enviroment has been left by the western countries for us to develop and expand our natural resource.The blame is on them.

Let us screw the remaining by building as many houses,buying as many cars.

Way inoo xasideen ee inaguna aan uxaasidno.Waynu isku aduunyo seegaynaa. :D

Global warming is a myth and scientifically flaud! In fact we're heading towards another snow age inshallah and as the icebergs of the Northpole start slowly continuing/moving southwards, places in the southern hamsphere's will become much colder basically it will be a reversal of climates between nothern and southern hamsphere!

As the icebergs continue southwards and they eventually coming towards the arabian peninsula, it will reform the dry and riverless arabia into one of the most greenest and wettest place in the whole world! Yes can you imagine arabian desert and peninsula becoming one of the greenest and wettest place on earth? I guess you have to because it's a scientific fact that cannot be disputed nor refuted by anyone!

However, I totally agree wasting energy of anykind and the water we got in abundance is not good and we as muslims should know that! Whether it is food or anykind tasriif is not good and the quran even tells us to not engage in extrvagancy of any kind!

Allaah the exalted says in his exalted book in suurah Al-Ancaam in aayah 141 the following:

وَهُوَ الَّذِي أَنشَأَ جَنَّاتٍ مَّعْرُوشَاتٍ وَغَيْرَ مَعْرُوشَاتٍ وَالنَّخْلَ وَالزَّرْعَ مُخْتَلِفًا أُكُلُهُ وَالزَّيْتُونَ وَالرُّمَّانَ مُتَشَابِهًا وَغَيْرَ مُتَشَابِهٍ كُلُواْ مِن ثَمَرِهِ إِذَا أَثْمَرَ وَآتُواْ حَقَّهُ يَوْمَ حَصَادِهِ وَلاَ تُسْرِفُواْ إِنَّهُ لاَ يُحِبُّ الْمُسْرِفِينَ

Translation:

"It is He Who produceth gardens, with trellises and without, and dates, and tilth with produce of all kinds, and olives and pomegranates, similar (in kind) and different (in variety): eat of their fruit in their season, but render the dues that are proper on the day that the harvest is gathered. But waste not by excess: for Allah loveth not the wasters."

So, Laa tusrifu innaahu laa yuxibbu Al-Musrifiin!

But waste not by excess, for Allaah loveth not the wasters!

We can see from that aayah that muslims shall not waste anykind of commodity! Being wasteful by leaving the lights on in a unused room or leaving the tab water run whilst brushing your teeth is not only a sign of lunacy but also a sign of lack of consideration of the many who go without water for days and some who have to walk for water hours to get a handful!

This is also a sign of mockery because you show how undisturbed you're by the stream and waste of gallons and gallons of purified water without the feel of any guilt, maybe your conscious doesn't register with you at that time but know that water shortages is effecting over 60% of the world's population! There is no real sanitation and wars are fought over Yes water and the sources of those waters i.e. lakes and rivers and millions die over such water-disputes!

Our own culture is a prime example where nomads such as camel herders used to fight over who is going to relief his camels of thirst by first taken out the contents of the 'shared' wells! Many died during the centuries old rivalries and many are still dying over 'yes, water' and on who has the right to provide for his camels first! My own cousin provides himself access to drinking water for him, the family and most importantly the camels through a kalashnikov! So we should be 'thankful' for the opportunity to have water in abundance and whenever we need it and we don't have to go to war or fight for simply accessing water! Every human-being should have the right to clean water and sanitation without any intimidation!

RedSea   

^Very nice,I fully agree.

Well Yonis hadii Ilaahay sidan wax kuu baray,maxaad walaale iskaga waashaa? waaba yaabe.

One who knows the Quran and Sunnah shouldn't hold such view as you do,in refrence to your political affliation.

Think about that.