Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Hargeisa, A great Place To Live

Fanisha   

Yawn,,, mhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeee same old....what is so good about these pictures? .... and Hargaise, I went there three months ago and i wouldn't want to live there...not in a million years.

Castro   

Originally posted by Saluugla:

i wouldn't want to live there...not in a million years.

Unlike my birthplace, at least it's peaceful. I mean come on, it's no Manhattan but relatively, it's on its way.

Come on Muqdisho, you've embarrased me enough. Get off your behind and play catch up, will you?

king_450   

Yawn,,, mhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeee same old....what is so good about these pictures? .... and Hargaise, I went there three months ago and i wouldn't want to live there...not in a million years.

Atleast you did admit that you went there and came back in one piece, can you say the same in any other regions?

what you mean you wouldn't want to live there in a million years. Guess what i don't think you wanted there either if you don't want the success of "SL".

Gabbal   

For me it is Baardheere, Baardheere, Baardheere or Beled-Xaawo. :cool:

Beautiful cities, entreprising situation, politically stabilizing, some of the best landscape in Somalia, green year round, fruits and vegetables in hand, and a bright future. Summer home there and I would consider it one of my best investments.

As for the other seasons, I will tread between lively Cabudwaq and awe-striking Balanbale. :D

Nur   

I have visited Several towns, Djibouti, Hargeisa and Mogadishu, all the way to Wallawein to the South.

Each region has its positive and negative aspects, no single place in our country is perfect, but my last visit to Hargeisa made me think of staying behind to relocate back home so I can run e-Nuri Enterprises from the comfort of my laptop from the lobby of Hotel Ambassador or Maansoor, the service in Maansoor Hotel is at par with any other Hotel ( 4 star), clean, and good food although the pasta cooking is not the forte of the Somalilander cook) I liked th juices, freshly brewed tea and evrything else.

What will captivate you the most in Hargeisa is two things:

The weather and the peace, people are going abour their business, no one pays attention, although they immediately notice that you ae from abroad no matter how much you try to conceal it by wearing modest clothes, they always notice, but they are very hospitable.

The city is dusty, roads are real bad, and every other public infrastructure, however, private villas are awsome, and very stylish, no Nomad living abroad can afford to live the quality of life in Hargeisa for less than a yearly income of $100,000 ( after Taxes).

The same can be done in Kismayo, Xamar or Bewtwein and Bosaso, but each town has its cons and pros, Kismayo is safe, but always raiders are around, Xamar, a great city, good food, great weather, privatized industry, good business, ( althigh these days business is bad due to the big brother ib Jawhar), Xamar is poised for trouble at the time, Bosaso, apart from the summer heat wave, is similar to Hargeisa in bustling business and peace, the locals are very friendly, and most people have a good business sense, ( women are the busines engine)

Nur

I keep seeing that plane ---- its good to never forget, matter fact a friend of mine who recently returned from there came back with many pictures of the place, he is planning to set up a memorial museum there, I seen another pic, where they were building a huge mosque and it cost around half a million he was telling, and the people were volunteering their time in terms of labour.

Its funny I didn’t see a single person carrying a gun throughout the images.

I say long live Somaliland, and the current elections, another friend of mine is there monitoring the elections – progress is good, independence would be amazing and some good architects.

Sky   

Baashi, why go inland when we already talked about developing the Bajuni Islands? I know, I know ... you are reer Kismayo but the Islands aren't far off dee. Stay focused man. Don't change plans saxib.

Libaax, man! that's what I'm talking about these lil islands that no one seem interesed. I mean no one U see I got plans...if we can only get a government with all its regulatory institutions working to protect investment. Sxb, the plan is on n man! am I so focused or what..

Lol :D Do you guys think you're Robinson Crusoe or something? G'luck though. I also see great potential, laakiin I don't want my ideas to get stolen by all these people on the net.

Make sure both of you to come visit me in my mansion in Kismaayo. :cool:

Waa inoo mar kale.

I think Eyl is the best place to live in Somalia

I was there two weeks ago and it is beautiful.The landscape is unbelievable.I saw Larger cities like Bosaso, Garowe,Galkacyo but Eyl is the best i have seen so far