Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

You can get Zenawi shirts these days.....

No No No I am not comparing zenawi to cimaamad. I am puzzled by why somali want to pretend to be from somewhere else. I mean before they used to call like Jimale and sokorey now is like Abu this and Abu that. Remember the cid day celebrated in Somalia all the Sheikhs were wearing Arab style clothing then they left and ..... I wonder what happened to all their clothes and cimama. Looks like the zenawi shirt is in fashion now I wonder what will happen to it if..... smile.gif

Fabregas   

SN, yeah Khamiis and cimamad are not really Islamic clothing. In fact there is really no such thing as Islamic clothing. There is essentially cultural clothing. You see when Christian kids do nativity play they wear cimamad and wixii madax, i forgot the name, anyway that's Issa and some his people( jews) used to wear. The only Islam requires one to wear certain clothing is Hajj, which is basically the same type of cloth Somalis use? Of course pictures of men especially a dictator and unpleasent images aren't allowed....

The only Islam requires one to wear certain clothing is Hajj, which is basically the same type of cloth Somalis use?

Dude you are so right never thought that way. Basically they should be following our ways. That is so cool. Wait till I tell all my arab friends :D

Fabregas   

That piece of clothing is worn by Arabs too and even other African. Because obviously it is suitable for a nomadic people, imagine running from a lion and wearing some big khamees and? Wey ku dhamatay!