Sign in to follow this  
chubacka

hmmm, I wonder what part of the world I should banish my child to next?

-Lily-   

Horta, why don’t we embrace parenting classes/support when things get tough?

I feel sorry for the kids. If your child is a drug/alcohol addict, take them to rehab and hold their hand. If they drop out of school offer them alternative choices. If they start to befriend children whose behaviour is unacceptable, move away from that neighbourhood/change school. There is so much that can be done before extreme measures are taken.

Also, whatever you don’t teach your child between 7-12 you have no hope implementing during the transitional teenage years.

May Allah guide the parents, it’s a tough job!

Jacpher   

^It's never that easy.

Folks, you can't judge them unless you walk in their shoes for one day or one hour of their lives. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy in ilmahooda qurbaha kaga halaabaan.

some of you are underestimating what a huge impact the environment the kids grow up in has on them.

children spend a huge amount of time away from their parents in shcools, socializing. many bad/indecent behavour can be picked up at school, freinds, watching TV/Movies, and society in general.

While I agree with the point there is no substitute for good parenting but raising them in an islamic environment under your watchful eye makes it a hell of a lot easier.