Sign in to follow this  
chubacka

hmmm, I wonder what part of the world I should banish my child to next?

ailamos   

Originally posted by Blessed.*:

I think it's lazy parenting!!

I agree. And although this methodology might work it doesn't negate the fact that it is lazy parenting. The question these parents should ask themselves is why?... Why did the kid turn up this way? What did they do that contributed to this? In my opinion and experience the parents were probably not involved enough in the child's life to prevent these troubles from arising. The teenage years are not the same as the preteen years and a lot of "traditional" parents don't understand this matter. Those years are when children try to define themselves by refusing authority and rebelling against instruction. The way to deal with this is not to be stricter but the other way around, to befriend them as they are entering adulthood and are craving some sort of respect and recognition from their parents whom they look up to (whether they show it or not). A time comes in every parent's life when they cannot anymore tell their offspring what to do but can only advise and guide them, like a good friend, the sooner a parent realizes that the better is for the offspring's development.

Anywho, I like how Blessed called it.... lazy parenting indeed.

ailamos   

btw... I wanted to operate one of those Caterpillar excavators and bulldozer that ripped apart roads and could destroy anything in their path ;) ...

... ended up as an environmental engineer instructing where those bulldozers and excavators should go... haha...

Juxa   

Blessed i agree it is lazy parenting to send the child away. however i think it is right inaad kujihaado caruurtada and take them away from bad enviroment.

it is better for the whole family to move away cities and countries if necessary.

i have seen too many parents sending the BAD child away. shame on them really. that child would probably end up angry, isolated and worse off

Chubacka:

I hear South America's good this time a Year. Wont'cha, suggest that next time?

On the real...heard that very conversation before. Our neighbors had about 6 kids. All boys. The eldest kid got into some trouble with the law, and the parents came down on him hard. The second kid began smoking weed, the parents came down on him hard. Come the third one, reeking of both smoke and exhibiting signs of saqajaan-nimo, the entire family moved to Kenya. It was kindah odd too, because the parents returned a month or so later without the kids. When asked, they responded that they were now in boarding schools or whatever.

I dont think its lazy parenting to want a different enviroment for your children, but surely a lazy, temporary, sweep under-the-carpet type of deal that would surely come back to bite u, before it solves anything.

NGONGE   

Sometimes it's lazy parenting, sometimes it's good parenting. It works with some; it does not work with others. There is no manual for parenting really.

Malika   

^Oh yeah,if only there was a manual!! :D

I agree with ailmos,different childhood stages require different parenting skills.

A friend of mine was planning to take her kids to Mombasa,or Cairo.I told her to be prepared to be around her kids 24/7, hadhii kale her cambecambe[chubby] kids will be made a meal out of. I didnt mean walla cawriin, I meant the reality of bisexual activities in these places.

Illahi haa uu fuduudeeyo walidinka,it sure is a hell of a hard job.

NGONGE   

^^ When mine act silly in front of people (as most kids usually do) I don't get embarrassed or worry too much about it. I just smile and tell whoever is there that it is still a work in progress. Best get out of jail card there is. :D

Coloow   

The paradox is that many parents want to stay in the same country that they will banish their children from.

Double standards.

Lazy fooqul lazy. Seriously? How does dumping your kid on the other side of the planet help? I have seen some kids who were dumped on Egypt and Moroco come back gay and more F-ed up than EVER! I just love how some Somali parents think Muslim countries(as if there is such thing)are like this magical countries where fairies tend to kids and make sure they're on the narrow and straight path, LOL! Everywhere you go aduunkan, there is drugs, alcohol, willing and participating sexual partners.

There was once a girl banished to Egypt because she started dating at a very young age(seriously thats all), the mother typical cried a river and sent her to live with an aunt in Egypt, well the girl found new freedom, friends and money in Egypt where she was taught to smoke hashiish and drink. She died at the hands of two OLDER SOMALI MEN who bought her drugs and rented her a hotel.

ailamos   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Lazy fooqul lazy. Seriously? How does dumping your kid on the other side of the planet help? I have seen some kids who were dumped on Egypt and Moroco come back gay and more F-ed up than EVER! I just love how some Somali parents think Muslim countries(as if there is such thing)are like this magical countries where fairies tend to kids and make sure they're on the narrow and straight path, LOL! Everywhere you go aduunkan, there is drugs, alcohol, willing and participating sexual partners.

There was once a girl banished to Egypt because she started dating at a very young age(seriously thats all), the mother typical cried a river and sent her to live with an aunt in Egypt, well the girl found new freedom, friends and money in Egypt where she was taught to smoke hashiish and drink. She died at the hands of two OLDER SOMALI MEN who bought her drugs and rented her a hotel.

The hard facts right there.