Sign in to follow this  
Decadent Ambition

Has Voldemort fallen out of love with the euro?

Has Voldemort fallen out of love with the euro?

http://macro-man.blogspot.com/2008/05/has-voldemort-fallen-out-of-love-with.html

Will Gordon and the MPC, the alleged people who are supposed to protect Sterling destroy it and in the process lead to a flight of currency from the country.

As always are politicians favoring their rich banker pals and the need to prop up the housing market will always win over controlling inflation.

Its obvious by now its the libor that is driving the cost of mortgages and not the base rate.

both in england and the US.

When will the brits learn to stop imitating Bernanke and his alpha cult. Will they maintain the status quo on the bank rate now that they lost the election. I am praying they do. Amen

Is it worth betting against the MPC and BoE and seeking a 3 month forward currency contract

at GBP/USD 1.9765!

Will any major dealer even accept such a proposal or is it too dicey and risky.

Anyone ever dealt with forward contracts here. Not futures as we would need a slight payment modification and thus a forward contract would be ideal given we are able to provide assurance that we wont default.

Recommendations on good dealers, preferably boutique as I really do not how receptive

major dealers (of GBP/USD like Citi, UBS Warburg, HSBC, RBC) are to small unknown players.

What does this mean for me. Am I hallucinating or onto something here.

Baluug   

I really hope the british pound takes a nosedive within the next 2 weeks, that way my CDN$$$$ will actually be worth something....

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Cadaan:

I really hope the british pound takes a nosedive within the next 2 weeks, that way my CDN$$$$ will actually be worth something....

I hear that! The damn thing is too qaali!

Guys not looking for wishful thinking here. I want analysis, both fundamentals and techical. Maybe trends I am missing here. Quotes,history et al.

Big boy whale speculator Soros was right on the money yesterday but that still isn't convincing enough.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aekABl3XDb6g&refer=home

What about European Central Bank President Trichet's protracted inflation comment today. Will this play out nicely for MPC and hopefully convince them to keep the rate still for few more months.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601068&sid=apnpagcH4shE&refer=home

I want a good strategy, full of stats to convince the big boys dealers and make a buck while at it. Anyone.....

PS: Where are the finance major junkies..

Gordon Gekko where are you dude?