Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Cuqdad

KK ....Aren't they just selling a cause not a cuqdad necessarily?

Nephtys.I know the type you are talking, but on the flipside, do you think you harbor some cuqdad towards anyone. The vicious civil war affected all, It must have changed the way you look other Somalis.

LooooooL@Protocol..Luv Chappelle.

Haneefah   

Do you want a brief Islamic view?

(I apologize if others have touched on this as I have not read their response)

I was reading an article sometime ago that contained a nice quote: “The problem of the heart is the heart of the problem!” This succinctly sums up where our problems emanate from.

Suspicion along with deceit, miserliness, wantonness, ostentation, hatred, arrogance, anger, violence, love of power and position, jealousy/envy, and many more, are well known major diseases of the heart which are unfortunately prevailing in our society at staggering rates. Though it may sound simplistic to some, the vast majority of our problems at the social, political, community, family and individual level are attributable to these apparent diseases, many of which we know very little of the cause nor the remedy.

The science of the human qalb is a well established area in our Islamic tradition; the primary diseases, their signs, symptoms, and cures have all been explained in the Qur’an, the sunnah, and in prominent Islamic literature (I can recommend some).

In the interest of time, I am not able to delve into this much, but the primary cause is the absence of the knowledge and love of the Creator in ones qalb. When the qalb descends to a state of obliviousness, then it becomes susceptible to shaytanic influences, and the impact of the lower, desire-driven nafuus (there are various categories of the nafs). This then leads to sinning, which creates more susceptibility to disease as it further jeopardizes the soundness of the qalb and reduces what level of immunity the individual may have had initially, thus distancing the heart from its Creator and its natural state of purity – it’d actually be neat to build a visual model of this, with all of the interrelated factors, and it’s cyclical nature. Of course, with the mercy of Allah on the individual, this cycle can be broken at any given point, even at points which to some of us, in our very limited capacity of wisdom, may appear hopeless. The most effective intervention is that of tauwbah after stopping the act of sinning. This requires a thorough self-assessment and evaluation of your actions and intentions, and a continuous monitoring system of your state (can be achieved at different levels i.e., spiritual, physical, etc.), in order to detect and treat a sinful action in a timely fashion.

Therefore, knowledge of Allah, and love for, and of Him, are critical elements of a successful prevention strategy (clearly, love cannot exist without action). A heart that harbours His remembrance cannot simultaneously accommodate vice and evil.

The Dr. Phils and Oprah’s of this world can offer very little in this matter; and no amount of modern psychological theories or models will ameliorate our problems as Muslims. This is a spiritual ailment and the best prevention/treatment model is that taught to us by Allah subxanahu watacala, and His messenger salallahu calayhi wassalam.

P.S. Sorry about the lengthy post, or if I seem to have went off on a tangent; to me this is very relevant, and I hope we can increase our awareness in this area (the science of purifying the heart) and about our religion in general.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

KK
....Aren't they just selling a cause not a cuqdad necessarily?

Oh come off it Dr Che...Enough already...Su'aal badanidaa bisinkee...

There is a tiny/thin line between selling and overselling...Overselling doesn't convince people ayeeyo...I don't see the point in selling a cause that doesn't benefit inteena kale, soo hal bacaad ku lis ma'aha taas? Hadeey dhaqaaqayaan, good for them - ma'aha maantoo dhan dadkey kacararayeen iney ugu kor wardiyaan 'waan dhaqaaqnay'...Me call dat cuqdad... smile.gif