Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

First Synthetic Living Cell

SeeKer   

^ Care to explain how this is a step too far?

The scientists in question aren't building human beings they are building bacterial cells. When Einstein wrote the equation that lead to the invention of the atomic bomb he couldn't foretell that it would be used in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Science will march forward for God gave us a brain to use. It is not science that is flawed it is humans and personally I think it is exciting news for all the good this breakthrough will bring to society, and if it brings any bad it will be human beings who will be behind it.

So don't worry Archdemos, rejoice for you never know this cell might lead to a cure for GVHD or something to that effect :D

No matter what they do, they(as feared by many)cannot create a human being or any being for that matter. Even if they for a brief second map it all out, they CANNOT keep anything alive. Allah is the only creator.

You can't control evolution (God).

It only takes one of these bacteria to mate with another and you have serious and posibly extinction problems.

Not a good idea.

people only seem to be seeing the potential postives whilst ignoring the possible catastrophic consequences.

^^yeah i'm not too worried about them creating humans, as i know they can't. but what worries me is if this bacteria manges to break out from the lab, and say combined with the flu virus. what would be the consequences. :eek:

man will destroys itself by its own hand.

humans today have a serious god complex.

SeeKer   

^^ I think they call that natural selection or if you are spiritual it might be Armageddon. If humans are meant to die off its nature's way of correcting an imbalance :cool:

Rayyan   

Dont worry much you dont pass your day a second, we are programmed to die. mutliple reasons but death is one.