Sign in to follow this  
Hunguri

True story by Hadrawi Jacayl Dhiig malagu qoray

Hunguri   

I was at a wedding some where in Somalia, and one of the guests was the legendary Somali poet Hadrawi. I heard him talking about the true love story of the Sudani guy who fell in love with Magool. The Sudani guy, was also a famous poet man. Hadrawi said, I was one day invited by Magool may Allah bless her. To a big suprise, Magool received a letter from a Sudani man and the letter was written in Arabic. Hadrawi, was a Somali Admawi and he was educated in Yemen/Aden. So, she brought to read for her the letter. Hadrawi read the letter smile.gif , and what an amasing words, embroided with love and affaction, wisdom words. Hadrawi said, what amaze me most, was that the letter was written in a red colour. And, the man wrote the letter finaly mentioned that the red clour is not a pen with a red ink. But used his own blood to write this letter. Well, I cant put lots of good words he said in English. in a nutshell, Hadrawi composed this song. And, he said. Midabka warqadu ku qornayd maahayn khad casaan ah. Laakiin, it was a pure humen blood with my own eyes and I witness that. That is why he dedicated this song for Magool :D:D He said, ninkaasi haduu awoodo inuu jidhkiisa googooyo. Wuxuu ka dhigan lahaa a letter to express his words. Like the cheecks! This is the song.....

Jacayl dhiig malagu qoray

Wali ruux maloo shubay

Lafta saanta dhabarkiyo

Ma u dheegay dhabarka

Dhabanada Cad laga jaray ( aaaax )

Hadalkii malagu dhigay

Xinjir aan is dhalan rogin ( waa yaab smile.gif )

Midabkeedu dhiinyahay

Laga dhuray halbawlaha

Wali dhiil malagu shubay

Laba mays dhansiiyeen

Sida Dhayda Xoolaha

Dhag dhag maw wadaageen

Dhag dhag maw wadaageen ( waa yaab )

PS:-

Hard words ( Dhiil = A somali Tradition house holding,crockery cultery which nomad Somalis use to keep the milk, its so beautifull and made of wood (2) Xinjir == Blood cloth (3)Halbawlaha == Artery (3) Dhayda Xoolaha == Fresh Milk from Camel, goats, cattle, sheep...

:D Wixii Jacayl hayoow Email ha isu dirina ;) . Dhiig halayska keeno ;) Listn the song and click below!

Jacayl Dhiig malagu qoray

Nephissa   

Hadrawi composed this song. And, he said. Midabka warqadu ku qornayd maahayn khad casaan ah. Laakiin,
it was a pure humen blood
with my own eyes and I witness that.

Now, hol'on, hol'on! That ain't love, it seems rather obsessively psychotic. Love isn't allowing things that are dangerous [is-jar-jar dhiig sika keenid] but allowing all things that are wholesome and good. There is a limit on what one should do for love. Dhiig baan ku qoray kulahaa, wonder if Magool[AUN] was impressed! Aniga waxaan ka wareegi lahaa hunqaaco iyo waxyaalo kale.. L0L cabsi darteed.

Hadalkii malagu dhigay

I don't know what's scarier, the fact that the psycho poet wanted to cut a piece of the girl's cheeks so it can be used for writing or the fact, there are actually people out there that like the idea and go: 'aaaax...' icon_razz.gif

I think Meat Loaf said it best: "I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that".

Hunguri   
smile.gif Nepathy, I am sure you dont get it.In fact, he is not talking about the girls cheecks. He is talking about the man. As the guy wrot in the letter that he used his own blood to write things with :D . Nepathy ;) ileeyn af Somaligii waakuu gooyey... Mmmmmmm fursad baa halka kasoo baxdaye. Dee aan macallin kuu noqdo ;)

Originally posted by Hunguri:

Wali
ruux
maloo shubay

Lafta saanta dhabarkiyo

Ma u dheegay dhabarka

I might be wrong but i heard it as

"wali dhuux ma loo shubay"

and it does make more sense that way to me at least... what say the SOL poets ?

Nephissa   

Waa bilaa furso @Hunguri :D . I don't get the fascination with the blood laakin. Neef maa la qalooyaa mayee, mise gabaraa la amaanoyaa? Af Somaliga noocaas meeshiisa iyo meel ka dheer ha iga joogo..

ps: The repeated and intentional misspelling is noted. ;) .

Hunguri, you did a mistake (a big one) when you wrote this story in English. It is sweet and touchy when it is in Somali regardless of who will understand here in SOL village ... :D

Wali ruux maloo shubay

Lafta saanta dhabarkiyo

Ma u dheegay dhabarka

Well, that might not be the original piece and to make some corrections, it goes like this:

Jacayl Dhiig ma lagu qoray

Weli dhuux ma loo shubay

Ninna saanta dhabarkiyo

Ma u dheegay seedaha

Dhabannada cad laga jaray

Hadalkii ma lagu dhigay

Jacpher   

Wali ruux maloo shubay

Lafta saanta dhabarkiyo

Ma u dheegay dhabarka

Hadalkii malagu dhigay

Xinjir aan is dhalan rogin ( waa yaab [smile] )

Midabkeedu dhiinyahay

Laga dhuray halbawlaha

Wali dhiil malagu shubay

Laba mays dhansiiyeen

Sida Dhayda Xoolaha

Dhag dhag maw wadaageen

Dhag dhag maw wadaageen ( waa yaab )

Waxanoo war ah just for hanky panking? Dhiig la'aan iyo wax la'aan lee yeey kugu dhicin.

Hunguri   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Waa bilaa furso @
Hunguri
:D
. I don't get the fascination with the
blood
laakin. Neef maa la qalooyaa mayee, mise gabaraa la amaanoyaa? Af Somaliga noocaas meeshiisa iyo meel ka dheer ha iga joogo..

ps: The repeated and intentional misspelling is noted.
;)

Nepathy, always in denial of every thing. Hee you think I am a canibal lol. No, I am not a butcher. Jaceel lee i haayo nooh ;) Naga dhaaf suuraha abaayadiisa smile.gif

PS:-

Geeljire iyo Jacaylbro, thanks for the correction. I was just writing the words from the song, since the time I heard the story was almost 4 years back. I mean the day he was talking abt the story :D . Jacaylbro adigu Somalia ayaa joogtaa waad soo mirqaanty ayaan filayaa ( Ma Caqqaar Aabaa yaabay ah ayaa kugu baxsatay ) loooooool

how many times should i tell you ,,, i'm not in Somalia niyow ,,, grow up ,,, :D

Aabaa yaabay waa laga baxay imika ,,, waxa meesha maraya ,, Hooyaa diidday ,, :D:D

-Lily-   

Yeah my mum told me this stort not long ago, but I didn't think 'how romantic', like Nephey I though 'Psychooooooooooooo' smile.gif

Hunguri   

lool@ Jimcaale, Hee hanky panking ma Shukkaansi aan caadi ahayn baa smile.gif . Anyhow, Jacaylbro dee anigu, I dont Somali land. I only know Somalia. To me there is nothing called Somali land in my dictionary. Markaa you are a Somali man in Somalia who is a member in Somalia on line ;) Waar illeeyn belaayo waatii dhaga lá :D . Intaasi hakku deeqdo. Back to the topic. Haye, Lily and you second Nepathy! I will wait for the old aged Xaliimoos smile.gif almost my peers! They would have understood better!

Hunguri   

Haye, waar anigu meeshaan joogo. Waxaas ninkii lagu arko. Jeel-kaa loo dhaadhiciyaa. Waana la tarxiilaaye. Bahalka waxaan filayaa adigaa labadaba maanta kasoo dhergay. Aabaa yaabay iyo Hooyaa diiday :D . SOL ayaad usoo mirqaan tagtaa lool. Niyow, bahalka meelahaa kusoo qarxi!