Sign in to follow this  
lol

Odorfree Community!!

lol   

It has always been a long held believe among Somalis that we dominate the world of personal hygiene. However, lately it has come to my attention that we lack personal hygiene and that not all Somalis are clean rather some of them smell horrible. Majority is what counts and majority of Somalis are ignorant people who don't know importance of maintaining an odor free body.

When I lived in Minneapolis I encountered a lot of Somali wadaad women who nausea sated folks around them. So my friends what I am really trying to say is let us start a personal hygiene education among our people. We usually complain of the odors that are omitted by Pakistanis and Indians while ignoring our own. What really surprises me is their preaching of Islam, given the fact that they lack half of their Iman. "Al nadafah nus al-Iman" was said in the hadith, which means " Cleanliness is half of your Iman" so nomads educate those around you. Sometimes when I meet someone I like, a guy or a girl don't matter, I give them deodorants as gifts. Some said I was mean others called me thoughtless. I believe I did them a favor coz I helped them

I know many of you will disagree with me and dismiss this as baloney, but believe me nomads we have many of them in our society. Let us not blind ourselves of the reality rather let us join hands and eliminate this ignorance.

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum,

Sister I want to say that I'm happy that you're caring about your people, and I don't interpret that in anyway wrong. However, I think compared to "gaalo" the so-called waadaad women are better smelling than them anyday, because they wash themselves when they use the toilet. I'm a city bus-taker and I find some non-somalis stink sister and I mean literally.There are the occasional few from our homeland that have poor hygiene, but my overall comment is that the majority of people might assume that somali "maroo wayne" stink because of our islamic dress. Another thing I wanted to note is when the rasool was alive(peace be upon him), the non-believers were amazed at the muslim ummahs cleaniness, and how their mouths smelled so fresh. In the 1800s, the Europeans took showers once a month, because they thought the water would make them sick, and throughout all this the muslims have and will smell good.

PLUS... Hygiene is next to good health.May Allah keep us clean and smelling fresh!

OG Moti   

Loool Hibo hibo you amaze me everytime i read your posts and always find myself agreeing with u yet disagreeing ... you are right smelling good should be our goal always first as muslims second as somalis we like cleanes as somalis, however you said we got a lot who stink .. i strongly disagree i have seen some who occasionally forget to use spries after shower and do a lot of activities and some no so good smell comes from them.. but dont say a lot, and sister i have seen a lot of wadaad ladies they smell good walahi or look good and clean since a lot of them dont like men smelling their nice smell it is a sin as we all know.. however to me i like a lady who smells good and i fortunatly never seen a somali girl who smells bad alhamdulilah, men on the other hand a lot of my brothers care for their body and as far as a white girls concern they always say we find somali men smell good always and they wonder why? imagin .... anyway sis u right we still need to tell our people to care for their bodies and about the gift sister damn u put them on the spot i would want to see u on my birthday ... cause u giving me such a gift i would smell myself everyday and cuqda ayaan kaqaadi lahaaaa.. sis give an expensive Dunhil or higo or any of more expensive perfumes ... loooool dhiblooy but u right.., peace

Gediid   

Hibo

This is the funniest thread that I have seen in a while.Funny in the sense that among the countless problems facing Somalis you picked one with the least bit of relevenace.Odor free Community.Thats funny.

How about you pick something more urgent that needs to be redressed like education,healthcare,social issues like the alarming rate of divorces in our community and so on.

Odor free community,how about we talk about things like Noise free Society after all we do talk extremely loud as Somalis.

Honesita   

Hibooooo...good to see ya sistah.....missed ya lots, and i gotta admit that i do agree with u on some points......!!! The hadeeth if i remember right is 'Alnadaafa minal Imaan'...!! I did also realize that a lot of our people smell bad, but if u look at it, its usually 'shiir' and 'breath' issues...!!! When u go to the masjid, especially in Ramadan, u'll smell Sambuus iyo basal from every woman, wheather she's wadaad or not, i even smell that on my coat sometimes...!!! And its all a matter of preventing it, not really cleaning it...!!! I thought of those tips for us to prevent smellin' fishy dizzy...!!!

1. Brush every morning, and before you go to sleep. FLOSS every morning. Not flossing is the major reason for bad breath sometimes.

2. Take a shower with not just a soap, but a perfumed shower gel, they're fresh and the smell is not strong at all. A perfumed lotion would also help, its not strong but dont put it on ur face.

3. Buy a DEODERANT, dont wait for Hibo to give it to u as a gift. 'dont just buy it, use it'.

4. Make sure the rooms r always closed when cooking. Because the smell will stick to ur clothes. Dont go out with clothes u've been cooking with. Dont wear clothes u'de go out with if some1 is cooking. Open all the windows when cooking.

Salaamz

Hibo, I have seen Somali kids being called STINKY by non-somali kids because of the BUKHUUR/UUNSI/FOOX smells oozing out of their clothes. It is not their fault becuase mom and dad probably use these stuff at home. Many people around us don't find these to be pleasant smells.