Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Somalia: 1978 - 1982 (Pictures)

NGONGE   

^^^ A strange time to post such a picture, saaxib!

Reminds me of the Arabic saying: He lit a pyre and sat on top of it.

Alas, the man is long dead and those burning things are aliving and kicking.

A sad, sad situation our motherland is involved in today. I hope and pray that not many innocents get caught in the middle. And without getting overly emotional I also pray that the Xabash cut their losses and leave.

lol@emotional.

NGONGE, the above images seem to illustrate some sort of peace, stability and prosperity we would be so happy to have today. It is hard to avoid reminiscing about the past in the face of the massacre that is going on in Mogadishu. Through these pictures, I say tell your own stories and reminisce Awoowe. News is depressing.

Ololah Hurumarinta Reer miyiga. That was an impressive project. It put a smile on my face when I saw those boxes today.

Chimera   

^he should have resigned in 85/6

Representatives.jpg

A country predicted by Prof. Ali Mazrui in the early 1980s to be the first African nation to have a woman president

Ya allah why didn't this materialize? :(

LST

True, there was some peace and stability when afweyne was in charge. that however was through opression and dictatorship and it was him that destroyed somalia so i think to reminsce about those times would be wrong to say the least