Sign in to follow this  
Herer

Saudi academy to offer PhD in dreaming

Herer   

Dreaming of an advanced degree? Try a doctorate in dreams, something which could soon become a reality in a new Saudi academy offering undergraduate and graduate degrees.

Yusuf al-Harthy, a well-known Saudi dream interpreter, plans to start up an institute offering bachelors and masters degrees as well as even a PhD in explaining dreams and visions, Al-Hayat newspaper reported on Sunday.

"Dream interpretation is by nature a way of counseling a person," said Harthy, who already runs an instructional website on deciphering the meaning of dreams.

His academy will be linked to an unnamed Arab university, he said.

Islam has a long history of dream interpretation, with the seventh century-born scholar Muhammad Ibn Sirin, a native of Basra in present-day Iraq, credited with authoring a classic Islamic catalogue on dream interpretation.

Harthy, who discusses dreams on radio and television shows, disagrees with the Saudi Islamic Affair's Ministry view that dream interpretation is not a teachable science but something born of inspiration, Al-Hayat reported.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100502/tod-saudi-academy-to-offer-phd-in-dreami-7f81b96.html

NASSIR   

Maybe a great demand for it in Middle Eastern societies. But there's hadiith that advises us to reveal good dreams and conceal the bad ones. Some of us don't even remember them the next day lol.

Abtigiis   

Perhaps finally someone will tell me what it means. I have recurring dreams of me and Malika participating in several weddings and in all of them Juxa is there and I later (just before I wake up) hear that she was saying bad things about me and Malika. Like "why is she standing with this guy who have three wives?".

Habeen walba wax noocaas ah baan ku riyoodaa. Juxa oo wax naga sheegaysa. :D

Khayr   

Habeen walba wax noocaas ah baan ku riyoodaa. Juxa oo wax naga sheegaysa.

Miskeen waxaad! Sleepless in Capetown! :D

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

Perhaps finally someone will tell me what it means. I have recurring dreams of me and Malika...

lol your post had me up to that point

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool@A&T ,,,, that means you have a constant hate for Juxa while you like Malika and wish you could marry her ,,, :D

See, i've Masters in Dreaming ,, hahahaha

Oz   

^ ^ you always come up with something false. Lol AT&T, Juxa is our royal queen.

My dream always comes to a "no go zone" and I can't move because Layzie G passed by. errrrr...