All the resources spent on their training could have gone to people who will fight for the country. I don't blame Biixi for abandoning them. Who can trust someone that abandons their post? 

Tallaabo   
44 minutes ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

After they have been used and discarded ayee calaacalka bilaabeen. Qabyaalad meel ha geyso. Haka saarto! 

I don't think qabyaalad was behind their motive to abandon their Koonfurian jobs and surrender to Somaliland. It was more likely a cunning plan they devised to create for themselves a nice army job close to their homes whist not getting involved in any of the fighting happening in koonfuria. The Somaliland military chiefs saw through them and said NO. 

Tallaabo   
39 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

All the resources spent on their training could have gone to people who will fight for the country. I don't blame Biixi for abandoning them. Who can trust someone that abandons their post? 

They are no different than the political mercenaries who live in Mogadishu's hotels and collect paychecks from the villa AMISOM just for pretending to represent the people of Somaliland. I wouldn't trust anyone who goes to Mogadishu to join any of the Koonfurian institutions. 

The entire idea of building a somali state is a fallacy.  

Something fundamental is lacking.  Can't put my finger on it but it's not there.  

• Like 2

Because somalis were never a state. It Was created by the italians and British and French. Prior to colonialism we were seperate fiefdoms kingdoms sultanate we just went back to our roots that's all. No one is interested in the so called somali state. It's  unnatural for somalis. 

Says a secessionist who solely supports a state wannabe because simply of qabiil. It is unnatural, yes, to your qabyaalad-obsessed mind, but we have a nation state united by diinta, dhaqanka, afka iyo hidaha, and here it is here to stay, hate it or not. What is however weirder is that you secessionist mind unironically praises multi-tribal countries like Xabashiland and Kiikuuyoland, who never have had anything in common.

Tallaabo   
5 hours ago, Dhagaxtuur said:

The entire idea of building a somali state is a fallacy.  

Something fundamental is lacking.  Can't put my finger on it but it's not there.  

What is lacking is TRUST. Trust in each other because of the civil war, trust in the government institutions because of corruption, trust in the politicians and their politics because of their evil character, trust in the military and police because of their dark history, trust in the clans because of our mindset and culture, trust in the ability of the Somali people because of our current weakness, trust in the religious clergy because of their division and extremism, and most importantly trust in Allah because of lack of faith. This trust cannot be gained unless there is a change of heart and increase in taqwa among the people, a successful grassroots reconciliation is accomplished, and a social contract is concluded between the people and their political leaders. But one wonders how is all this going to be achieved if the political leaders in Mogadishu keep pretending to represent the people of Somaliland with their hand picked and illegitimate placeholders!

• Thanks 1

Tallaabo   
1 hour ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

It is unnatural, yes, to your qabyaalad-obsessed mind, but we have a nation state united by diinta, dhaqanka, afka iyo hidaha, and here it is here to stay, hate it or not.

I am sure this supposed "united by diin, dhaqanka, afka, iyo hidaha" did not help stop neither the faq@sh campaign of genocide in Hargeisa nor the man made famine in your Southwest region which killed quarter of a million people for the second time just a few years ago. 

3 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

I am sure this supposed "united by diin, dhaqanka, afka, iyo hidaha" did not help stop neither the faq@sh campaign of genocide in Hargeisa nor the man made famine in your Southwest region which killed quarter of a million people for the second time just a few years ago. 

I watched my neighbors turned on us, and D-Block folks murdered and cleansed from Mogadishu and many parts of the South. The point is should every aggrieved party dismantle what's left of Somalis.

And your Somalilanders turned the gun on each other literally right after the government forces were kicked out of the north. Surely, the shared common dhaqanka, language and diin didn't stop them from massacring each.

The Somali civil is and was complex. Common identity alone cannot stop war. The very nature of civil war is brother against brother. And this is not something unique to Somalis.

Xaaji, 

If we're to follow your logic, every habar in your corner will have her own mini-state.

4 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Says a secessionist who solely supports a state wannabe because simply of qabiil. It is unnatural, yes, to your qabyaalad-obsessed mind, but we have a nation state united by diinta, dhaqanka, afka iyo hidaha, and here it is here to stay, hate it or not. What is however weirder is that you secessionist mind unironically praises multi-tribal countries like Xabashiland and Kiikuuyoland, who never have had anything in common.

Nonsense on your part that a clan is simply majority is just natural.  Same way there is an ethnic group majority in Eritrea or jabuuti. But a Somali state or Somali weyn state never existed. For example landers never knew ur folks existed prior to 1960. Surely Kenya is also a colonial project its borders at least. The difference is they made it work. You on the other hand rra man you drstoyrd6ur country made it a failed state. Because dowladnimo isn't ur tbing. I am just saying. 

27 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

I watched my neighbors turned on us, and D-Block folks murdered and cleansed from Mogadishu and many parts of the South. The point is should every aggrieved party dismantle what's left of Somalis.

And your Somalilanders turned the gun on each other literally right after the government forces were kicked out of the north. Surely, the shared common dhaqanka, language and diin didn't stop them from massacring each.

The Somali civil is and was complex. Common identity alone cannot stop war. The very nature of civil war is brother against brother. And this is not something unique to Somalis.

Xaaji, 

If we're to follow your logic, every habar in your corner will have her own mini-state.

Not persay the 3 party system cigaal created works perfectly. Trinity in one. The sl civil war in the 1990s. Was a war for leadership and control. It wasn't much about clan. Che just admit it the somaliweyn project failed miserably. Because somalis were not ready for it and somali nationalism is just weak ethno nationalism that is. It also goes against our nature to put all our eggs in one basket. 

11 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Not persay the 3 party system cigaal created works perfectly. Trinity in one. The sl civil war in the 1990s. Was a war for leadership and control. It wasn't much about clan. Che just admit it the somaliweyn project failed miserably. Because somalis were not ready for it and somali nationalism is just weak ethno nationalism that is. It also goes against our nature to put all our eggs in one basket. 

Everything is about clan. Let's atleast be honest.