Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

The Cupid's Arrow hits Boorama..

Naden   

Growing a dirty, dyed-with-henna beard and growing old don't make you an elder, certainly not a sheikh as most claim. Wisdom, learning and vision make you one. This voyeuristic obsession with other people's lives is sickening.

If this story about the young people being thrown in jail is true, then it is a sad state. Let's not get carried away with the doomsday nonsense. They may have wanted to socialize just like any of us enjoying the freedom of the countries we ran to. If people want to have sex, they don't need to throw a party to do it.

Castro   

^ Who else should go to jail? Wife beaters? Child molesters? Warlords? Chronically unemployed, dead-beat dads? Please. We need to lock up these deviant minors because they're the ones who're causing all the decadence in society. Valentine's party kulaha.

Seriously though, what is a party if people are not rubbing elbows and dancing to some booty-shakin', foreign music? If the concept of a party is frowned upon in Islam, then it matters not what the reason for celebration is. I don't know. My opinions on this particular issue are changing as I get older. But an opinion is really not what this is about.

Naden   

Originally posted by Castro:

^

Seriously though, what is a party if people are not rubbing elbows and dancing to some booty-shakin', foreign music? If the concept of a party is frowned upon in Islam, then it matters not what the reason for celebration is. I don't know. My opinions on this particular issue are changing as I get older. But an opinion is not really what this is about.

Somali music causes the most booty shakin' (and wigglin', and jumpin' up and around ;) ) but that's beside the point. A gathering not approved is a party while one approved is a majlis, an aroos, a going-away-or-coming-back-or-just-plain-bored get together. Islam, I think, has nothing to do with this.

Khayr   

Originally posted by naden:

quote:Originally posted by Castro:

^

Seriously though, what is a party if people are not rubbing elbows and dancing to some booty-shakin', foreign music? If the concept of a party is frowned upon in Islam, then it matters not what the reason for celebration is. I don't know. My opinions on this particular issue are changing as I get older. But an opinion is not really what this is about.

Somali music causes the most booty shakin' (and wigglin', and jumpin' up and around
;)
) but that's beside the point. A gathering not approved is a party while one approved is a majlis, an aroos, a going-away-or-coming-back-or-just-plain-bored get together. Islam, I think, has nothing to do with this.
Could you please state your reasons for Islam having nothing with 'this'?

Castro,

whats with this JACKYL & HYDE business?

One min. you're a Liberal and the next, your trying to be a Conservative?

Who needs the straight jacket now? ;)

I don't understand where some folks get the nerve to call others ducks when they themselves shimbir afka uga dhuustay. War shimbirta xaarkeeta iska dhaq, war makuuyaalo.

I don't believe this story of the poster to be true, but I wouldn't be surprised if they actually start locking up people for having fun. What do they expect of these children, they are in africa, there is not much to do.

Naden   

Originally posted by Castro:

^ Did you read what I wrote? Did you
comprehend
it? No? Read it again.

What did you write, friend? Did you delete your reply or are you referring to an earlier post?

Naden   

Castro

Oh, I think I missed this statement. By 'this', I am referring to the jail time if it is true. I'd like to know what islamic decree or fatwa resulted in the sentencing. Did it apply to other gatherings of men and women? Any other similar islamic/sharia sentencing for social behaviour? Precedent is what I am looking for and not whether partying is islamic or not. That vortex of what is haram or not is not what I am interested in as it could apply to everything from DVDs to art and so on.

-Lily-   

I think 8 months is a bit harsh. A warning would have sufficed. Perhaps they didn't know the origins of the day and only wanted to be cool or 'westernized'. And since when did having a party become banned in Somalia? I don't want to return to no Afghanistan.

Khayr   

Originally posted by WaTerLily:

I think 8 months is a bit harsh. A warning would have sufficed. Perhaps they didn't know the origins of the day and only wanted to be cool or 'westernized'. And since when did having a party become banned in Somalia? I don't want to return to no Afghanistan.

^^^

Stay in UK, Stay un UK then....

naden

You haven't answered the question, you just made more demands.

The burden of proof is on you since you made a sweeping statement.

Naden   

Is it only sweeping if you don't agree with it? Where does it say in the original post that a religious sentence was handed down? If it is indeed one, is it applied elsewhere and to other groupings?. Hence, my call for a precedent.

Does anyone read anymore.

For all we know, it could be a civil sentence, similar to a fine/jail time you might get for an indecent public act like flashing small children and old ladies.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone, just curious if this story is true, under what legislative power it falls.

naden

You haven't answered the question, you just made more demands. The burden of proof is on you since you made a sweeping statement. [/QB]

Castro   

^ Apparently the story has some elements of truth to it. Read it here, though xiniinyood decided to liberally report the details and neglected to provide the source to us.