Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

Racial motive suspected in murder

Yet another tragedy, allah ha u naxriisto

--------------------

A man whose mother has Somali roots was murdered in a "savage attack" which may have been racially-motivated, police on Tyneside have said.

Lee Phipps, 31, was found with fatal stab wounds in a South Shields street on Thursday.

He lived with his mother Barbara Yusuf-Porter in King George Road in the town and both had previously complained of racial harassment.

Officers are now pursuing the racial motive as an active line of inquiry.

At a news conference on Saturday, police said Mr Phipps had never been in trouble and he had not been robbed.

He was a keen photographer and had intended to take shots of the snowy landscape around his home, but police who found his camera said no photos had been taken.

Det Supt Steve Wade, leading the murder investigation, said: "At this time we do not know the motive for his attack, however, because of the previous reported racist incidents, this will be a line of inquiry that we will vigorously pursue."

Despite extensive searches in the snow, police have yet to find where Mr Phipps was attacked and believed he may have been stabbed away from where he was found by a dog walker in Cleadon Hill Road.

Mr Wade said: "Sadly, there are no blood trails or any indication from the scene to say exactly where the attack took place, which is frustrating."

Mr Phipps lived with one of his two sisters and their mother. His divorced father is travelling from the Manchester area to be with the family.

Last year Mrs Yusuf-Porter set up an internet support group for local victims of racial abuse, in which she made allegations about local people and police.

In 2002 she brought an employment tribunal case against a double-glazing firm alleging she was racially abused at work, but she lost.

source

ElPunto   

Good God! The man is white according to the picture in the BBC. Wierd - how it could be racially motivated. Or have racists, if they did this, sunk to new lows?

I don't think we should say "allahu naxaristoo" for dead christians, no?

The dude is a white man, his grandpa was a somali so his mother is mixed race and she is called Barbara Yusuf-Porter, they don't sound like the perfect muslim family.

Naden   

Naxariis is mercy and should be extended to all people, especially people of the book (Christians and Jews). Only God gives mercy but I always strive to be generous in spirit towards all his creation.

Originally posted by makalajabti:

The dude is a white man, his grandpa was a somali so his mother is mixed race and she is called Barbara Yusuf-Porter, they don't sound like the perfect muslim family.

Ibtisam   

how do you know what religion he followed. besides i don't think it makes a diference!

may his soul rest in peace