Sign in to follow this  
Khalaf

Why not Believe? Reasons for Agnosticism/Atheism and Why Islam is Right?

Jacpher   

Serenity, You don’t know falaago? I suppose you don’t listen to BBC?

The word was used by Emperor earlier and I just borrowed.

^Caano sxb, I hope u r not part of it, nimankan iyo naagahana
falaagoobay

I’m not good at this thing but I think it means shufto but not in a violent way. I used in the context of someone that deviates from the norm (read: fitrah). I don’t wish to instigate a long fruitless discussion of some sort.

The charm and charisma must be invisible from this angle, for I do not see them. I see something else (read: foolxumo iyo fanaxle) :Dicon_razz.gif

Jim, dacwo kamaan qaadan lahayn a polygamy-advocating oday...

Khalaf   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Khalaf
, I am very radical in my beliefs. I tend to defend matters of faith when I feel the need to do so. It does not appeal to me however when one creates nonexistent issues and presents them as a genuine debate! That was what the thread you referred to was all about adeer.

In this instance, you started a dual without securing the consent of the other participant first. As you can see one cant clap with a one hand and your match left unwatched. If you think about it, the chief achievement of this thread is that it has opened the door for the less cultured in our midst and gave them the opportunity to spew personal and uncalled insults on this nomad. Think the man who sports the most irrational number as a nametag, and consider how quick he completed his transition to zero. I am sure that’s not what you had in mind when you initiated this topic. Now it’s quite weak to suspect my intent without considering my rationale. In fact it’s un-Islamic to do so. Why my dear brother do you have to doubt my sincerity?

I wouldn’t mind you doing that if it were in the politics section. But this, yaa Khalaf, is the General section where opinions are supposed to flow freely and with a bit of civility. Normally when the weak ones accuse me of hypocrisy, I take especial pride in it. But you, yaa Khalaf, come across too innocent to tally you as one of my cyber achievement.

Serenity
, polygamy is not on the agenda ee shiddada jooji
:D
!

Adeer um not the one to push things or engage in endless arguments even when i believe to be right, u have your reasons and da way to look at things, marka we drop it inshallah! Still respect to yaa duqa, u got a cool head na mean. This is not the first kind of this type of topic, I find it odd and iriating somewhat that to make such powerful claims here and when asked to present your arugements against it, coping out each time wit an excuse to be dishonest to say the least. Its not a personal matter but a simple discussion on important subject. Maybe its wrong the way I present things, but nevertheless there were no ulterior motives on my part nor care to change ppls believes (not in my control)....only wanted to c the "evidence" against Islamic Aqeedah as they claim to have rejected!

U have radical believes u say and will defend your beliefs. Marka why dont u and Jim let Amelia be and the lame insignficant topic of polygamy.....and u come and play ball.... (maybe another time tho duqa).......i lose interest quickly.......thats why I like Yoonis dude keeps going and going dats my nigga..... :D

You can say to Cara that believing in atheism is no different than *insert any ridiculous comparison here*. And she can reply in kind that blving in God is no different than *insert another ridiculous comparison here*. It wouldn’t serve for a fruitful exchange but its still better than calling Cara, the person, names. That just takes the focus away from the subject onto the person and discussion to the lowest echelons of debate!

See the difference, boy? Insult atheism till you’re blue in the face but don’t disrespect the girl. And if you’re so sensitive that you cant take the heat when something not to your liking is said against your point of view, don’t engage at all.

Sometimes, I cant help feeling some of you live in a cave! Every time I engage in a religious debate/discussion with a non-Muslim, they say the most outlandish and outrageous things. Going off the handle or screeching obscenities is never my reaction. Either positively engage people, showing the best of your faith or move along!

[ March 20, 2007, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Legend of Zu ]

Pi   

Serenity, nice try. Let me tell you how your demonstration (although true) is irrelevant. Atheism is a worldview. Islam is another worldview. I'm using the word "world-view" very loosely here. So, if someone who subscribes to the former ridicules the latter, the person who subscribes the latter can ridicule the former worldview, not the person. Ya, with me? Is this is your spider-house "demonstration"?

Ok. Islam 101. As a Muslim, anytime someone ridicules my worldview (Allah, His Prophet, His Book, etc), the person has insulted me. But, wait a minute, you'll say, you're not the worldview, you're the person who holds that view. Duh! But that view is personal. Insulting a personal view is personal. The only time I would make allowances to that person is if the person is geniuinely illiterate and knows nothing about Islam. That's not the case here.

Let me ask you a question. Say, a person insults God or His prophet, do you get offended? Which is more personal if your God was insulted or if your person was? In Islam we are taught to put Allah and His prophet above ourselves. Hence, in the case of Islam, the view is more personal than the person holding the view. Chew on that, will ya!

NGONGE   

^^^ It would have been a different reply if a born atheist had said what Cara said. Don't you understand the reasons for the venom, Serenity? It's natural to get angry and upset when one of yours leaves the team. Still, it's no excuse for direct insults.

Allah-u-bahane, as much as I like and admire Cara's cool head I'm not in her camp, you silly buffoon :D

Maybe not in your crazy and mad way but I do believe in Allah and that there is no creator but Allah.

Anyway, have you not noticed that I softened up towards you these days? You're still a charlatan of course :D but you have become a parody of yourself of late and been outstripped in your buffoonery by the new-kids-on-the-block :D ..shape up, duqa..

Khalaf,

You let MK dupe you again. Had you read my original response in that thread (the one that got MK frothing at the mouth) you would have noticed that it was in opposition to Xiin's words. Xiin and I are not always in agreement. And though I do revel in causing trouble, getting under people's skin and generally having a good time (in my own mischievous way) in the middle of debates, I try to still stay civil (with one or two lapses here and there). Xiin on the other hand is always earnest and tries to be fair in his outlook.

To try assuming people's intentions is a very unhealthy haibt that hardly ever bears any results and, more importantly, rubs people the wrong way. If in doubt, why not ask? If you're still not happy with the reply then either let it go or persist until you trip them up. If anything, it'll make for a more interesting discussion.

First of all Pi, to engage in insults is immature, uncivilized and a waste of time. Get it bud?

Secondly, flip the coin and see it from the other person's point of view. To insult atheism or for that matter whatever other values one holds, is to insult their person too! See, you're under the impression that your values are more dear to you than them to theirs. Wrong! You're just the more emotional freak!

Just because one has their emotions in check, doesn’t mean you’re more entitled to a passionate and indignant display of emotions.

Ngonge, I choose not to change for anytime soon, bear with me!

This year and the years to come will end with rage pouring out of my mouth towards those I hate most, including the former Ngonge, not the new one! lol

Pi   

Serenity, you just proved my point. If Cara shut her pie-hole (mouth), I would insult neither her personal view nor her person, even though I hold both to be despicable and duplicitious. 'Nuff said!

^Blah! Neither did Cara start the topic (and hence the insults on other people's 'beliefs') nor make it personal.

Madax-xanuun iyo hurdo la'aan iskuma darsan karo. So habeen wanaagsan folks!

Khalaf   

Not speaking for PI here, but knowing Somalis/Muslims I don’t think they giva shh about those that “leave their team”, its their lose as they say!

However there is no need to discredit the entire message and intention of the topic simply because of PI's comment in which um sure others share tho it wasn’t cool to use vulgar lingo, into gaining up on poor single (ummm anonymous) individual and saying this making it personal. Ka bax! get out here!

Cara should not be bothered by one single negative reception but look to the many more who were in engaging with her respectfully. This is an Islamic Arenea where certain "former muslim"(key here) nomads here made substantial claim that islamic aqeedah is false, and wrong, this is not first time and it is only fair to ask why that is so in general sense their case/outline against this deen's aqeedah.....nothin personal about that stop the hissy-fitting!

NG: duqa lets drop it adeer....u simply was defeated in that topic, and I most say hahhaha, but in your head your still right so mahaaan.

peace