Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Ayan Hersi -YWCA Toronto young woman of distinction 2008

With the strong backing of her determined mother, Ayan drew on the resilience she had witnessed among the Somali women she and her family came to know in refugee camps in Kenya, and resolved to be the first of her family to graduate from university.

web page

Kool_Kat   

Che, horta inkaarteyda Allaha kaa leexsho...When I read the tittle, before even clicking to see what it is about, my first thought: Ayan Hirsi, YWCA and Toronto!!! Hell, 6 o'clock news ka aan ku jirilahaa aan umaleynaa...LOL

Good for Ayaan Xirsi...We sure as hell can use more of her in the Toronto area...It was like a breath of fresh air reading this article...

Keep it up!!! Allaha usiyaadiyo...

^Ayeeyo Ayaan Xirsi maxay kaa samayse horta. Intaad budh la boodilaheed bal usoo ducay gabadha.Ana laba faataxo ii soomar :D

And kudos to the kid!!!

Ayan Hersi has been ostracised by the Somali Community. I am not condoning what she has said and done but we need to respect people's opinion. Issuing fatwas isn’t gonna help solve her indiscriminate and baseless views but will exacerbate it.

Abtigiis   

I issue a fatwa against you Marc for playing the devils advocate. What more could that women have done to our pride and beliefs? adiga laftigaagaa Marc Hirsi kale ah!

Emperor   

^ :D . that was good one, I think you and Marc are getting it wrong, this is the not same Ayaan Hirsi you thought you are talking about... Hubsiimo hal baa lasiistaa, marka hadagdagin...

Brilliant job by Ayaan Hirsi, I mean this young lady from toronto and not the other Sicko...

Kool_Kat   

Are some us having a blonde moment again? Anaa mar hore budka diyaarsaday, balse intaan budka laboodin baan sheekada iska hubiyay... :D

Che, adiga faataxa iyo qulwale waa iskugu kaa daraa ayeeyo...Laakiinse naagtaas duco lagama yaabo iney afkeyga usoo dhaafto!

Pacifist   

Mashallah Kudos to Ayan Hersi. A sister who is making a difference real difference.

Makes me so happy to hear these kinds of news.

Our lovely Somali sisters all over the world are making remarkable changes.

I am going to contact her and try to create a bridge for all those marvelous sisters out there who are real heroes, so we can exchange ideas. With unified ideas and real action,we can even make more changes to Somalia and the world.

May Allah grant you all your wishes Ayan and all the other people who are helping the needy. Amin amin ya ALLAH.

May Allah

money   

This ayan hersi is way smarter and way positive than the other sell-out who insults our holy prophet for few pennies. I am proud that Ayan is from my home town, ottawa!

Abtigiis   

Emperor

Marc is talking about the mad Ayan Hirsi Ali! And I was responding to him on that. I read this one is not her. Thanks for the reminder anyway.

adiga laftigaagaa Marc Hirsi kale ah!

Kaalay, maxaa the other ayan hirsi iyo marc meesha keenay?

Abtigiisa, you need to cool it off a bit. Raat raatsiga meesha la imaatay iska dhaaf and take the article as is, after all a young lady is being recognized for the work you neglected to do for your community. This is a time for you to reflect on those failures not pick on marc oo ba waxna kaa sameyn.

PS:big ups to the young lady, feel bad thought. Those comments in the hiiraan section, below the article were a bit harsh. Somalida aa haters, waligood wax loo dirsan ayey ka hadlaan. They are commenting about her hair? For heavens sake, they are commenting about her hair? Who asked them to point that fact out? Get a life yaa dhaho dadkaas.

Gediid   

^^^And I thought her hair was off the hook.Kuwa wax gabar ka sheega in sheikh inta la hor geeyo la meheriyo weeye.Big up to the young girl and I wish her all the best.