Sign in to follow this  
chubacka

cheap (er) flights back home

chubacka   

Hi all,

Quick question, my dear family are trying to get to Somaliland over the summer, so far the travel fairs have been extortionate and they may have to cancel their trip as there is so many of them going and they are charging kids £600 each.

Anyone know of any cheaper or more reasonably priced but repuatable travel operators to somaliland?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance Nunne and JB. icon_razz.gif

BOB   

I didn't know Nuune and JB had a travel agency! :eek:

Peace, Love & Unity.

chubacka   

^hehehe. I wouldn't advise anyone to set one toe nail in it if they did. icon_razz.gif

I get the impression they might have some suggestions.

N.O.R.F   

Travelling from UAE is AED 1,800 (approx GBP 350). Tickets are limited. Then again your family have to get here first.

Tuujiye   

^^^ Adi maa leh?....loool aniga ayaa tickets raadinooyo oo Africa ah....hala ii soo gurtamo yaaqee....

Chubacka, Nuune ha isku daalin..easy jet and Irish mid ku buufsantahay lee buu yaqaanaa sida loo raaco..... JB wiligiis ticket ma goosan asaga..halmar aa loo soo gooye oo yurub lakeenay lool...Go and back hadaa weydiisid jawaab aan filaneyn buu kusiin doonaa loool...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Juxa   

dont use the turnpike lane agency, maaddeey baa leh

use the finsbury park one, dont know magaceeda but it is on 7sister road and close to masjidka.

alternatively dubai taga, then kasii qulqula

nuune   

Chubbacka, tickets do depend on when you are travelling, and I would advice you to use the online, don't use the Somali travel agencies at all in London, unless of course it is from Dubai to Hargeisa only, don't book with them from London to Hargeisa.

as you said, they are charging kids 600 pound, with online booking, you can half that, but the only problem you will need to consider is where do you want to be in your transit, and there arent many options, Dubai, and Addis Ababa, both can be very long, and Dubai will be expensive compared to a transit of Addis Ababa, which is also one or two days.

First sort out your tickets to Dubai, or to Addis Ababa via online, and the cheapest you can get them would be around £300 per adult, lots of online booking engines, once you sort that out, and you want to be in transit in Dubai, then be in contact with Somali agents there, tell them to book your tickets in advance, of course, you will have to go through Djibouti, then Hargeisa, this will cost you around 400 dollar return, waa markaan ogaa last year,

if you want to avoid Dubai & Djibouti, then by all means, Addis Ababa is another option, you can get Suhura Airways from Addis or Dire Dawa direct to Hargeisa, it costed me around 300 dollar return, and yes, you have to book the tickets in Addis Ababa, Suhura Airways doesn't have booking engine online yet, usually a night or 2 in Addis Ababa, it is not bad though, if you have any friends or relatives, they might help you book in advance since Suhura Airways is managed by Somalis.

So consider all those options, you can get BIG discounts for the kids and adults on the flights to Dubai and to Addis Ababa, the whole thing would be roughly £500 for adults, markey guu badato 550, and kids less than that

hope that helps