Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

Criminal Justice

lambda   

Hi there , i don´t know much about this field but for me it´s always important to look at the job market and before you study something try to make some kind of practice or listen to some courses.

Wish u all the best...

wow...finally am seeing nomads interested in something that i hopefully plan to major in...(political science/crminology)...when ppl ask me what i wana major in and i respond with crminology...they go hmmmmmm.."what u gonna do wid dat kinda degree, thas cause most somali elders expect u to become a doctor,engineer or something that has to do wid computers...but they dont realize its not about what they want or how much money u will be making but about what u want and what u are good at...so plz a wordly advice...dont let anyone decide ur future cause u r the one whose gonna live it..not them...

heck u wana become a shoe maker..then go ahead and become a shomaker as long as it makes u happy.

Kaafi, So do I ;)

OMG angeleyes, I feel the exact same way...I really hate the "But why that!"...cmon now! I just give people my minor...Business finance...cuz it ain't really a complete lie ..lol

LuCkY   

I was gonna Look into CriminaL Justice, Forensics, PoLiticaL Science,InternationaL Studies and so on but i have not yet decided which one to pursue-im stiLL in the searching process.

GirLs teLL me about it:"But why dont you do something usefuL for yourseLf and your country-Like medicine or something in the engineering fieLd?" :rolleyes:

There is onLy so much one can do to bring change to a country...they dont understand that i wouLd Like to pursue something that i wouLd enjoy and wont regret in the end.

Changed   

opinionated ....i switched from biology major to political science major ......upto this day my mom is not happy with me , well she acts like she is happy ..this is the question most of the somalis ask

what are u going to do with it?

i know this guy who got a PHD on PS and he has nothing ..he is on welfare.......and?

its hard to explain to people..as long as its not the four majors they are aware of ......they will have zillions of question :eek:

angel eyes i gues we will be having some classes togheter icon_razz.gif

Jaylaani   

It doesn’t matter what your major is as long as you are getting your education. Somalis need more people with college degrees. With that being said, PS, Criminology, Criminal Justice, PR, etc are very specific majors unlike some other majors such as business, and Computers as well as engineering and medicine. There is only so much you can do with these specific majors that is why you guys are getting all of these questions from certain people including your parents. Please remember being college educated doesn’t necessarily make you an expert in any field it only makes you trainable.