Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Bring back Dur Dur Band!

Paragon   

For those of us who were growing up in the late 80s, Dur Dur was the best Horn of African band around. Dur Dur music was famously what Somalis called qoob-ka-cayaar, and it was the sound of modernity and youth. So, I reminise and say, bring back the authentic Dur Dur music...

http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=HDbFjDNOi 3A

Kool_Kat   
used to be one of my fav songs early 90's...Ciil iyo caro waxaa igu dili jiray sida heestaanoo kale loogu qoob cayaaro ma'aqoon... redface.gif

^I use to laugh when I listened this song as kid, the line where Sahro Dawo sings "Igaaryaho guudka weyn", for some reason, I thought she was saying something else...God bless me :D

Kool_Kat   

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOL...Ala waan iloobay, ilaa waa carab le'eed ayeeyo, markaa yareed of course...Balo guud ha weyn... icon_razz.gif God bless you indeed ayeeyo...

I like Iftin better..Here is

and Shimaali.Don't remember him being in Iftin.

LoooooooL...Ayeeyo, there was another song that I always use to mess up bad, I can't remember on top of my head now, but I know Xasan Aadan Samatar sang it.

Kool_Kat   

OMG, don't ruin the song for me, ha'iisheegin...Hadaa heysteydaan igu dirtee...What am I saying, I can't stand anything Xassan Aadan...No way, no how! Something about suu wajigiisa jadhigo aa korontada iga damiso...

^I like Xasan Aadan Samatar and his songs, but no worries I can't remember dam song. Believe me though Ayeeyo, you would be laughing every you hear Juba Juba Aaka, :D

^LooooooooL...I guess we miss Xamer Cadeey...Good times, and Sulfa embodied that.

dhaanto

Hey Farancab just posted this in another thread...remember him..?..He can't tell if he's at Curuba, but miss Xamar cool breeze smile.gif