Che -Guevara

Wasiir Abdirahman Beyle on state finance, corruption and bad habits of the Somali people

This is the only man who does any meaningful job in that 80 something cabinet. He should stay for another 4 years no matter who is president.

4 hours ago, Mastermind said:

This is the only man who does any meaningful job in that 80 something cabinet. He should stay for another 4 years no matter who is president.

He is part of team, Team Farmaajo 

galbeedi   

Mogadishu as usual the Somali capital of hustlers and crooks.

When I came to Mogadishu as a young high school boy I was amazed how people hustle in the city. Inflation  and cost of living was very law. A movie used to cost 2.5 shillings. Yet, if locals want to see a movie almost every night that would cost a lot.

Since I was living in Xamar Weyne , I frequented a cinema called Shaneemo Super which played  always long Indian films. There were  other movie theaters like Cinema Xamar, Missione and Benaadir. My favorite was Cinema Benadir where they played, Italian dubbed Western Spaghetti, Politzia and mafia and other dramatic films. 

The first film was usually shown in early evening which was always full. Then the second show  goes at 8pm. After everyone enters, people try to enter without paying the full price of the movie. The doorman  collects one shilling and lets those who can not pay in a very discreet way while no one was noticing. A local friend of mine told me, "Waar Shilinkaaga Turro No".  Which means take this paper wrap it with one Shilling and give the door man discreetly. , 

I put the Shilling on the top of the paper and tried to give to him openly. As I approached, and raised my paper, he hit me in the chest with full force with his hand thrown me to the ground . I was shocked and told the guys what happened. They said, "Warya Qaldaan waar in aad warqada hoos ugu laabto ayey ahayd ee ma ahayn aad dadka hortiisa ugud dhiibto". that was the last time I tried to cheat at the cinema.

In another case while I was trying to get a letter from the ministry of justice for security clearance (Warqada dambi la'aanta) to get a passport in 1987.   I went to the office almost  twice or more a week and  pay the type writer guy to write me an application (Arji) asking for clearance letter. A Banaadiri clerk guy takes my  application and asks me to wait. At the end of everyday he gives me back the application and says come back the next week. After almost a month I  kept  going back and forth, with no resolution, and finally I asked a friend in Wardhigley for help.

He told me to put 40 Shillings inside the application and came back later for  pick up. I did and it was all done. I said, I would have given him 100 Shillings if  he had  asked instead wasting my time for over a month. That was the Mogadishu of yesterday and today  combined with the open demand  for  "Shaxaad " which is originated from Hargeisa or Somaliland in general.

Anyway the Farmaajo team has reduced corruption within the financial system. If Farmaajo want more success he should give the security ministries to the northern guys.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

He is part of team, Team Farmaajo 

Before that he was Team Culusoow kkkk.I don't think he is part of any man's team and that is why you do not see him bootlicking for no one. People who have confidence in themselves and their capabilities are always like that. Go and research about the men known: Guulwadayaal: they are always people with no confidence and the margins of the society.

9 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Mogadishu as usual the Somali capital of hustlers and crooks.

When I came to Mogadishu as a young high school boy I was amazed how people hustle in the city. Inflation  and cost of living was very law. A movie used to cost 2.5 shillings. Yet, if locals want to see a movie almost every night that would cost a lot.

Since I was living in Xamar Weyne , I frequented a cinema called Shaneemo Super which played  always long Indian films. There were  other movie theaters like Cinema Xamar, Missione and Benaadir. My favorite was Cinema Benadir where they played, Italian dubbed Western Spaghetti, Politzia and mafia and other dramatic films. 

Shaneemo Super waxaa lahaa Uunlaaye soo ma'aha?

Ibraahin Uunlaaye's brother iyo reerkiisa Xamar ayaa daris ku ahayn and his nephew worked on of these shaneemooyin he owned. He used to come back to xaafadda at night with his jeebab full of money, literally lacagta ka dhaceyso. Ciyaal xaafadda kuwa aad noogu waa weynaa ficiisa ahaa ka siiban jiray kistoo and he would let it go.