Mastermind

Cumar Cabdirashiid Interview

galbeedi   

Before I state my critic of this interview, let me state that I have always respected Cumar Sharmaarke as a decent man who is always measured in his statements and political pronouncements. Also he is not someone who seeks attention or the media limelight.

I wish the interviewer would have showed some integrity by asking some tough questions and  major weaknesses of Sharmaarke including the disappearance from the country while he was a member of the senate. He disappeared to Dubai since 2017 and never came back since.  It seems like  two guys complimenting each ather ( waa laba nin oo isku jiibinaya oo weliba weriyuhu hadalka u toosinayo Sharmaarke).

The main points that Sharmaarke had made is about the role of the prime minister. He said the prime minister's office is political not administrative. That is totally wrong. While Somalia is nominally parliamentary system, its parliament is filled by people elected through tribal system of 4.5. If the people were elected through parties, those who have the majority of the seats would form the government and occupy the premiership automatically.

In Somalia at the moment, it is the president who campaigns, it is the president who explained his agenda before the parliament, it is the president who appoints a prime minister that doesn't belong to no parties. 

How could Sharmaarke became prime minister? is he the most qualified , energetic or able? absolutely No. He got it because the D block was supposed to get that post according to the 4.5 rule. In fact, comparing to  Khayre and others , Sharmaarke seems to be a low energy person that could not lift Somalia from the hole at this stage. So, in this scenario, the president is the leader and the prime minister is the manager or administrator.

Also Mr. Sharmaarke flowed the same stupid claim C/laahi Dani and the Puntland elites  keeps  parroting which is Farmaajo is Siyaad Barre and he is leading the country the same route. 

Waar Siyaad Barre sodon sanuu mootan yahaye bal no sheega waxa wanaagsan eed Muqdisho iyo dalka ka qabateen een ahayn barakac, gaajo, ciidan shisheeye, James Swan iyo qabaa'il gaajo dadkoodi hayso oo diyaarada fuushan. Miyeydaan arkayn kuwayagan Jamuuraiyada sheegtay ee maanta biyo la'aantu Hargeisa iyo Borama iyo xeebaha ku hayso.

Soomalidu waxay tidhii hadal xuni collad wax kama taro, nabadna waa fogeeyaaS

Someone from Gedo told me that Ahmed Madoobe does frame his disagreements with Farmaajo as political not tribal although tribal issues are in the equation. He has a good relationship with most of those who are in his administration and he rewarded them handsomely in terms of political appointments.

In fact, he insisted that the main reason they  abandoning Ahmed Madoobe is mainly Puntland politicians and the way they frame the issues about Gedo people and Farmaajo In  general by being dictators like Siyaad Barre and so on.. C /laahi Dani automatically is becoming the spokesman for Gedo, while Faroole says to HAG, " "waar iska soo erya oo anaga noo miyaada"

In September of 2020, Farmaajo was overruled and he accepted the version of the agreement proposed by the regional governments, yet they decided to backtrack and refused to honor their signature. 

In fact, in September 2016, when the government of Hassan Sheikh and Sharmaarke expired, they didn't have all the necessary requirements to hold the  election. When he was asked about holding the election on time  during the summer of 2016,  he said, " it will be delayed by few months". It was delayed by six months.  Yet, no one said your time is expired.

At least Sharmaarke had concluded the interview well by appealing for understanding and compromise.