Sign in to follow this  
SomeAlien

balliwood

help me out. im a novice... a balliwood virgin if you will, and tomorrow im going across town just for some indian musicals. help me pick out some good ones... something a 10 year old girl would like.

I've watched many bollywood movies. I can't read the titles, nor understand them. I only have fave actors whose names I don't know (ok, 'cept for ashwaryar and sharu khan). So I depend on my Indian or Pakistani friends to supply me with the good movies.

Try asking your local indian movie store for good movies.

Warmoog   

If you're looking for relatively new movies that are actually worth your time, you might want to try Andaaz, Hum Tuhare Hai Sanaam, Kal Ho Na Ho, Main Hoon Na, Jism, Raaz, Khabi Khushi Khabi Gham... among others.

As far as innovative films go, you might want to check out Lagaan, Asoka, and Devdas. If you're looking for atypical Hindi movies, try the independent films... Earth 1947 (directed by Deepa Mehta) would be a good start.

Enjoy.

too gayish 4 me nomads! i see them on cable sometimes!lolol... guys dancing like nymphos!!lol..sorry i cant just stand them!! hope u have fun watching them, if u like these kind of flicks!! :mad: redface.gif

Qac Qaac   

what the... max wax kale aad nawaydiiso ayaa waysay? don't waste your time. with those movies, Hollywood music is not enough huh. abaydiis bookaag soo gado. and learn.

right, i watched one and it was terrible. its a comedy (thats what they said it was) and it was about 1 hour too long. suggestions please.

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

Hey purple rain not every bollywood movie is bad ,things that piss me off is often the jokes in hindi movies , its so exaggerated and a waste of time.

Yasmine recommended you some of the best movies , my favorite actor is Sharukh Khan , you should try his movies such as " Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge ", " Dil to pagal hai " , " Kuch Kuch Hota Hai " , " Chalte Chalte" , " Mohabbatein" .

You should also check Amitabh Bachan's movies ,they are the best.

Jaabir   

is it me or does all indian movies have he same sorry a$$ story line??

besides.. all the female singers sound the same!!!

^ It doesn't matter if all the storylines are the same. It's all about the singing and the dancing!

Besides, I think of it more as a musical than a movie..

Bambina,

I only watched the first part of mohabattain, is the rest any good?

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

Loool DA ,I thought that once you start a movie you finish it till the end and yes Mohhobatein is a good movie.

Even though Bollywood movies are musical comedies ,you have to see much more in them besides the dancing & singing. DA go rent " Kal Ho Na Ho" and let me know what you think about it.