Sign in to follow this  
MR ORGILAQE

Event not to be missed for UK Muslims

Laba-X   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Dude, I reckon I saw u too
:D
.Not as many Somalis there as should have been. U'll have to say a little more than Mashallah to get attention though I won't suggest anything. A lot of innocent things can come out wrong if the timing is wrong or if the lady is armed with attitude.

Well done volunteering.

...I bet i saw you too, was you wearing a Khimaar? :D

Sheer, I tried the Masha-Allah plus a few compliments such as "Masha-Allah Ukhti we need more people like you" and my conclusion was "Insha-Allah i will see you at the next event Ukhti". Unfortunately none worked! Not even my attempts of asking them to fill out the feedback forms! ;):D

Bro, I don't know what to say. Did any of them return your compliments? Or was everyone tight-lipped? It's tough being a boy, ain't it?

U know I try and try and try and give people the b of the doubt. Yesterday on the train an Algerian named Mustafa decided to try and try and try with me. He went on and on about Islam and I knew it was to look mutadayin himself- this is not a good maneouvre, boys.

He asked me if I knew the stories of the Prophets. This is a worse maneouvre- quizzing a woman about her knowledge. His fatal mistake was to ask me my name. When I told him my name was X(a rare treat) he replied: Ahh, the Prophet's wife was called X. Errrr, I said, Noooo, I don't think ANY of them were.

And there he killed it, right there, murderous that was, murderous. Following that religious faux pas, he says: Khadija is the best name for a woman. I nod. 'U know why?', he presses I take a deep breath and remove the sarcasm from my voice. It takes a while. I shrug. Because it's the Prophet's first wife's name. I make it to the end of the sentence without ending it in a p-taking question mark. Yes, he says like a teacher pleased with his student.

Inside I giggle. Weird ish happens to me a lot. God only knows my sense of humour can handle it.

And he wanted to know why I wouldn't let him buy me a drink. icon_razz.gif

Moral of the story: If u're going to give a compliment, make it sincere, specific and correct. And if u're going to use Islam to impress a girl, don't talk it, show it. And they'll come running to you. Good impressing, bro. Good things come to those who wait. ;)

Laba-X   

Kya Kare, Kya na kare, Ye keese mushkil Hai,

Koi to bataade iska hal o mere bhai,

ke ek tarf ise pyar kare hum,

or usko kehne se dharee hum,

Kya Kare, Kya na kare, Ye keese mushkil Hai.

Jazakallah Ukhti Sheer!

A Leicester museum is staging a special exhibition about the history of Islam in Britain. The show will include a look at the changing face of Muslim culture in Leicester since the 1960s.

details

NGONGE   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

And he wanted to know why I wouldn't let him buy me a drink.
icon_razz.gif

Heh. Classic move. If the chat up lines and charming talk don't work, get her drunk. :D

Ibtisam   

just let u'll know that westminister university cancelled the event that it wz meant to hold at its central london campus beacuse of pressure from Zionist groups.

if anyone knows any muslims students that go there, we need inside pressure from students that go there. they listen to their own students but ppl like me are outsiders, we could ring and e-mail them all day, it probably won't change their mind;

extra details here www.mpacuk.org

new venu will be at:

Friends House

173 - 177 Euston Road

Neares stations: Kings Cross or Euston. Venue is opposite Euston Station.

salamz

Foxy   

^ was Ministery Of sound or Gods Kitchen concerts not on sale on the overall market, for this week while the big gather around is happening. But then once agian it isnt summer......

cheer

PS when is the next Peace concert!

Castro   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Heh. Classic move. If the chat up lines and charming talk don't work, get her drunk.
:D

And you know about this how? :D

MR ORGILAQE, i think i saw you and your 23kids driving everyone mad :D i almost said hello.

Ibtisam you should have come over and said hello!!!,mind you i would have handed you some of those kids over to you :D .....they didnt let me watch the whole event.I had to dash here and there all day!

Yes Muhammad i saw him and his poetic genius kept us amazed throughout.He has the gift of the gab mashallah....does anyone know when he is due back in the UK.Would love to see him again

Ibtisam   

lool MR O

like i needed screaming kids, the adults were handful on their own, glade you enjoyed it though.

p.s. did u get my invitation?