Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Turkey vows response to Israeli attack

Editorial, Hurriyet

No serious observer can argue that Israel lacked better alternatives at its disposal. But the trigger-happy Likud-led government responded with an all-too-familiar reflex of maximum and brutal force. This time, it pulled down the temple.

It is a tragedy for those activists who have lost their lives. It is a tragedy for the Palestinians of Gaza. Above all it is a tragedy for the people of Israel, victims too of a vain and foolish government. full article »

FatB   

lol at EU membership, that will never happen and thats why turky is blowing off steam... i agree with NG here, with turkeys hoopla nothing will change

NGONGE   

Originally posted by General Duke:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Maxaad la cadhootay, adeer?
:D

Turkey is an ally of Israel ya axmaq. Wax fahan dee.

Stop sniffing a camels behind lad, as I have outlined to you, the Turkish state is no pushover. As for the alliance, as the PM Erdogan said, things have changed forever.

Go read old man.
:D
Dukey-come-lately with his version of world events. :D

It's cute to watch the ignorant gettting excited about a film we watched a hundred times before. Turkey is big, Turkey is strong, Turkey had an empire, etc, etc, etc.

I think I heard the exact same nonsense when the yehood used those passports to kill that guy in Dubai (young kids like you were shouting about the British and German response to Israel's misuse of their passports). It will be different this time ayaa la yedhi. :D

War siyaasada barta.

BiLaaL   

It is true that Turkey has taken on a more prominent diplomatic role, especially in its region. It is also clear that the AKP party is more ambitious and fearless than its predecessors. Some of its critics in Europe and elsewhere have even accused it of neo-Ottomanism.

For now though, Turkey is in no position to respond adequately. Erdogan has to sound tough simply because so many Turkish nationals lost their lives in this raid.

Personally, I see Turkey as a breath of fresh air. It is a relief from the ever subservient leaders of the Arab world. Finally, a majority-Muslim nation with the courage to speak out for what is right - even if they don't yet have the strength to translate their words into real action.

NGONGE   

^^ Saddam sent Scud missiles to the heart of Tel Aviv, adeer. Even grown men did some mashxaraad that day.

Hezboallah sent hundreds of rockets into the heart of Israel in their recent war with that country.

Camr Mosa (yes, that joke) threatend all out war on several occassions.

The fat guy in Qatar called them savages and barbarians.

Qaddafi is forever cursing them.

Mubarak made a big show of openning the Rafah crossing for a few hours.

(Shall I continue with the list of Arab League members?).

Marka breath of fresh air about Erdogan having a little fit on TV aniga o ma arko. It's par for the course and does not cause any more excitment (unless you have a very short memory or you're the type that falls for empty talk).

Bal wax ma fahmaysa hada?

Maaddeey   

^Xaad tiri? :D

Ngonge, intaad sheegeyso oo dhan ma anigaa ku diiday? inaad qarbaan tahay!.

Waxaanu ku nidhi: Dee Gallaydh Digaag is mooday waa inuu kor eegaa si uu u duulo, hadda we are preparing to look up in the sky, maxaad naga rabtaa? kor ma eegi kartaan miyaad na leedahay oo Digaag iska ahaada?, wax fahan ama sida magic roundab'out iska daba wareeg! :D

NGONGE   

^^ Dee dhinaca khaldkaaad eegaysa, saaxib. :D

Turn your sight towards the men and women in Gaza who are worth a million Erdogans and when they promise to fight back you, I and the whole world know that they will. Not Erdogan (and his ilk) who run to the UN and come back with nothing. Look at the brave activists who get up and try to break the blockade. Look at the one arrested. Arrgggh..wax fahan dee.

Maaddeey   

^^Waxba ma fahantd, i'm not looking at Erdogan, Analogy-ga fahan, the Eagle wants to fly, I want to fight, The eagle has to look up the sky to see where it belongs and I have to build my muscles!

Ngonge,you know what they say? EVERY PARTY HAS TO HAVE A POOPER....and you are our very own resident pooper aka SOL's arab insider, lol

lol@siyaasada barta

I have to say, most of the folks crying foul and beating on their chest about Israel must face consequence have properly read Davutoglu's sweet poetry on this month's foreign policy issue, talking about how Turkey has a foot in every door, how they have influence in the global stage and how they can make moves, so its no wonder that Dukey would repeat the empty talk, especially when you are discussing two different things, chest bumping while having a warm seat in committees on the international stage and actually taking action against Israeli aggression on the seas.

On a side note: Turkey is so tough that after 9+hrs behind close doors, the UNSC did not denounce the aggression nor did they call for international body of investigation nor did Turkey hear the tough words from the United States, so Davutoglu's tough stand and his various posts as a puppet in committees amounted to nothing.

As for the fat arabs, on tuesday, the biggest of them all announced how he has called member states (AL) for an emergency meeting in order to draft a letter of condemnation against the zionist regime.(amr Moussa's interview with Al Jazeera)

This id*ot came on television and told the AJE reporter that this time it will be different, this time their talk talk will amount to something. THEY NEED TWO FULL DAYS TO TAKE ACTION OR CONDEMN ISRAEL?

NGOONGE, its always a pleasure reading your waffle old man. On this occasion we must differ, Turkey as one brother said is a breath of Fresh air and a Muslim nation with power. In this tough world no one is done any favors Turkey has achieved its power all on its own, it has been fiercely independent since the demise of the Ottoman Empire. Its actions against the PKK and against Greek Cypriots prove it’s a nation that can be brutal in the defense of its security, regardless of what the world powers think.

Now as the old man mentioned Scuds and all. Tow show you an example of Turkeys independence, in the 2003 invasion of Iraq, was it not Turkey that refused to let the US and its allies the use of its territory to invade Iraq?

Also is Turkey not the only Muslim nation that has won wars against European and Christian countries, from their war of Independence to the now famous Armenian claims of genocide to Cyprus?

The point that I have been making is simple, Turkey is a stronger nation than Israel, its far too important to the West to be dealt with in the same manner as the Camel sniffing vagabonds of the golf and elsewhere. That when Turkey gets angry even the Americans have to pay attention.

Thus lets not get carried away, no nation will go to war over this incident, but the Turks will no doubt get an apology and some funds for the crime commited, and their support in the Arab , Muslim world will continue to grow.

FatB   

^lols grow it may but what benift will come from a fat turky? and while we wait more children are murdered - waa run filin horey loo dawadey waaye to which we all know how it ends