Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

calling on investors and donors!

Coloow   

My dear somali people,

The best animal in africa is arguably the donkey. In africa the donkey is a mode of transport, one that quinches the thirst of many millions. The african landscape would lose its dynamism without the presence of the donkey. Yet again, somalis despice this innocent animal by mocking each other "dameer" dameeryahow etc.

Having lived in the west for many years, and consumed lots of Hamburgers from Naag-karoon restaurant (macdonald's Burger King etc) I have come to the conclusion that there is a great potential in creating a donkey farm in africa.

You see folks most of the hamburgers we consume in Naag-ka roon restaunrants are made from horse meat and I don't see why we can't use donkey meat. I am not a religious scholar, but having asked many learned somali muslim scholars, there appears to be no consensus whether donkey produce is xaram or xalal.

Assuming that it is xaram, we could still export the produce to the asean countries. (there is a large market there for anything that has flesh)

There are both emotional and economic rewards in creating a donkey farm . Firstly, a donkey farm would be a tribute to this fine animal which has provided millions of people with transport, water and food. Secondly, the economic benefits to the region is immense: The meat could be used as export or corned donkey beef, the manure could be enriched with substance so that it could be used for farming, and the cheese could be exported!

I therefore ask you countrymen to help me achieve this dream. contributions and comments welcome!

BN   

LOL@Entrepreneur

I have never heard of a donkey farm but I guess that's why they call you Entrepreneur! Are you talking about the Somali Wild Ass? I hear they might be an Endangered species though, Good Luck :D

Hey Entrepreneur, I think those Arabs in the Middle East will enjoy donkey farm and the business will be flourishing within months if you are trying to open one.

Peace

Love &

Unity

nuune   

i think it is a nice business,donkey is the most used pet in africa,pet,yeah,they said that,aamiin

MD   

Hey Entrepreneur i heard people in Kenya eat donkeys, so it's not a bad idea export it to Kenya :D

Mirage   

I am praying for the day Entrepreneur abandons his donkey breeding enterprise i have told him on several occasions that its a risky enterprise and i have adequately informed him to try and start a farming integration enterprises which to me seems all logical. icon_razz.gif

Charisma

Coloow   

thank you somalis! I guess most of us in agreement that there is a huge potential (both economic and emotional reward). How much are you people willing to invest?

Karisma we could be partners sis! You could do your part in recruiting donkeygirls!

I have a name for the donkey farm (donkeyville).