Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

Run Away, Groom!

Pujah   

When did getting married become an exercise in acquired situational narcissism? This is a recently named psychiatric disorder, generally striking celebrities, characterized by grandiosity, lack of empathy, and rage. Based on the wedding-related mail I receive for the "Dear Prudence" column, an engagement appears to be another trigger for this adult-onset malady. Before entering into holy matrimony, brides seem to think it's acceptable to spend months—sometimes years—giving holy hell to everyone. Abused bridesmaids, perplexed grooms, and appalled parents complain endlessly about the personality changes that otherwise lovely young women undergo when they start arranging "my day."

Is there anything more revealing than the phrase—uttered with a stamping of the foot and a rising of the voice—"my day"?
Of course it's not "our day," because the groom is merely an accessory, like a cake topper.
:D
The first time a bride-to-be utters the words "my day," I recommend potential bridesmaids and grooms respond, "Mayday."

The "my day" syndrome has become so extreme that some brides seem inspired by dictators who declare holidays in honor of themselves. Take this bride, who after more than a year of planning her wedding—still months away—was told one of her bridesmaids and the best-man-to-be were getting married, too. Outraged that her friends had chosen a wedding date three weeks before hers, she wrote, "I am not one of those brides who think that I 'own' the whole summer—but three weeks before? And their wedding is going to be bigger, fancier, and include roughly half of the same guest list." When she's ready for children, will this bride instruct her friends to stay on the Pill, lest they give birth to a baby—bigger and prettier—weeks before she does?

How to tame BRADZILAS

Do any of the ladies here feel this way about “their” day? I have seen few bradzilas but nothing compares to the ones I see on the bridal shows those ladies know how to get on everyone’s nerves specially the groom .

Complete Diva's I tell ya

Ibtisam   

beats me why anyone would marry someone so rude and unmannered. If i was the groom, i'd run while i still could! but i think those shows, they add on a bit, & editing makes eil people out of them.

Pujah   

^lool Xanthus I think it would be fun to be b!tchy once in a life time...hay if he can tolorate that than you know you got a keeper ;)

Ibtisam   

^^No you know you have total push over, no sense silly billy roll over who is willing to take shiid because he thinks you will change or he is scared of you, weak men! nothing i hate more than a weak man or a wmen with no sense! errrrg just thinking of it makes me mad!

Pujah   

^^Calm down dear I am just musing here not actually going to push over anyone. LOL@"no sense silly billy roll over who is willing to take shiid" that had me lauging. weak men are just weak but I don't think he has to be weak to take shiid....he prolly smart and knows how to pick his battles :D

Ibtisam   

Seriously Puuja if you watched the same shows i saw, the guys were aking shiid, they were being walked all over ad pi*ssed on! :rolleyes:

the whole thing just.... :D