Sign in to follow this  
Intel

UEFA's Team of the Year!

Intel   

Originally posted by Fabious Capello:

Good team selection.

true mate

i would have Thuram there @ rightback instead of Ferreira though....... what do you reckon 4_12_6.gif

Assalaamu Calykum first ppl. A huge Hello to everyone, am first to this forum.

Coming to the topic, I don't agree with some choice. Like Mr.Beckham to start with, if the main aim of this poll is the performance of last season CL then; for argument sake Beckham does not deserve to be there, ppl like gattusso and Davids had much better games then him or even Pirlo for AC. As for the Strikers, even though I don't think VNistelrooy is one of the best in the world be does deserve to be there as he scored many goals for Man U in the CL and the league, but Henry should not be there, many players had better compainge then him, ppl like Inzaghi or even makaay (even though he is not my choice) but just because he plays in England, and the who English media hype; this players is "the" best in the world, thats just absurd. Also I believe Zambrotta had an excellent year, he is an outstanding worldclass player, but not really sure where I would put him in the UEFA team, thinking of who should I take out or leave.

N.O.R.F   

1st and foremost Hajji welcome to the site and welcome to the sports forum where ppl are a little more mature and civilised than other forums :D

i would actually go as far a stick him on the right mid and stick Salgado Right Back

thats what iwas thinking bro,,,,,

for argument sake Beckham does not deserve to be there

becks has developed into a world class player, he has been consitent, thats very important, if yr consistent yr respected, also the way he has adapted to life in Madrid and plays his heart out is very impressive,,,,,

ppl like Inzaghi

maaan dont even talk about that guy, how he made i will never know, he is the worst player/striker i have seen, he dont even look like a footy player, constantly diving/whining/shirt pulling i hate the guy and his bro at lazio,,,,,,but hey they score,,,, :mad:

Also I believe Zambrotta had an excellent year

, true, what did Figo do apart from miss a pen in the CL semi? nothing

1st and foremost Hajji welcome to the site and welcome to the sports forum where ppl are a little more mature and civilised than other forums

Thats apart from the arsenal fans :D .

Yheah bro wlcm to this corner of the site.

I argue wholeheartedly with your appraisal of Henry, as good a player as he is the english try to make him the best player in the world with all the constant hype. I would have had Shevchenko up there with Van Nistilroy

I would have had afew more Italian Based players, for example pirlo for beckham, and Camoranese for Figo and for good measure i would put Zambrotta on for Carlos :D . I dont no how Lippi wasnt chosen manager after Juve's domination last year.

anyway wlcm to the site

First of all thank you lot for your warm wlc, thanx

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for argument sake Beckham does not deserve to be there

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

becks has developed into a world class player, he has been consitent, thats very important, if yr consistent yr respected, also the way he has adapted to life in Madrid and plays his heart out is very impressive,,,,,

First of all do you really believe anyone who signs for Real, would have difficulties playing along side Zidanes', Ronaldo's, Figo's, Carlos'.....erh I don't think so, even the Leicester City striker "Dickov" would score goals for them, obviously assuming all the hard N techinical work is done for him, and sliding the ball into the net does not requires any additional skills I assume. So if Mr.Beckham just crosses's the ball into the box, and does not have a clue how that ball with the dealth with then I wouldn't credit him though, but the person who receives that ball. I believe any avarage right winger who just cross's poor balls into the box, and then ppl like Ronaldo or Raul or Zidane would make nothing out of something. I think we need to keep that in mind, there could be no denial of the main motives of the signing of Mr.Beckham to Real. I assume we all know that by now.

quote:

ppl like Inzaghi

maaan dont even talk about that guy, how he made i will never know, he is the worst player/striker i have seen, he dont even look like a footy player, constantly diving/whining/shirt pulling i hate the guy and his bro at lazio,,,,,,but hey they score,,,,

You can hate that guy (even I don't prever him) but again no denial on how he performed in the CL last term. I assume you're an arsenal fan, and most of them I already guess what they think e.g. "Henry is the best striker in the world" before that plz ask yourself what did Henry do to deserve to go ahead before the likes of Sheva, Inzaghi or even Crespo. These guys didn't let their team down when the had the change or putting them ahead when needed, what I find more amazing is in Arsenal's ground against Ajax, the kids from Armsterdam should him up basically. And ppl are claiming else. If Henry is soo great he should be there for them when the need him, the only hand I give him is the Inter game, but am soo sure Inter N the fans are killing themself with impressmant on "how the can lose" to such a lower team then them. The score line though did not descrip the game. I will put Gattuso, Pirlo or Davids on the central, but maybe slighly more to Gattuso becouse simply he had an outstanding year, a real battling guy with rough tackles and passes. He could be a real advantage for Italy in Euro'04.

N.O.R.F   

Beckham:

I hated the guy, but even i (a Lpool fan) must admit that he has improved so much over the past 3-4 years, the was hyped up so much but now he is turning into his own. Have u been watching La Liga lately? He plays in centre mid, hence why he is in c mid in the UEFA dream team.

I aint no Arsenal fan (i take offence)aint no cockney, as for Henry he is a top class striker, ok he hasnt convinced many ppl yet, but that guy is a true footballer, NO ARGUMENT , if u look at ppl u mentioned like Inzhagi, come on bro dont even compare the two that is very bad if u call yr self a footy fan. Inzahgi last year had Costa, Rivaldo, Shevcenko, Gattuso, Pirlo (i think) doing the hard work for him, he was just tapping them in. Whereas for henry, we all know that Arsenal are no AC Milan and they dont have the players to present him with presents week in week out. he does alot of work for himself, everything goes thru him where for Inzahgi is constantly caught offside. Again i aint no arsenal fan but Henry over Inzaghi anyday, even if Henry loses a leg,,,,, :D

Dear nothener;

I take back of what I said of "your being an asrsenal fan" if it offended you, but bro don't you think atleast being an Arsenal fan would benefit you? but anywayss lets carry on.

What you actually doing N looking at is the name of the player. You saying Henry is overall better N technical player then Inzaghi, then I might or other ppl agree with you. But doesn't does poll look at the performance rather then name N popularity. Even if thats' the case I would put other ppl who have higher name N popularity then Henry but who didn't preform great last year, ppl like Raul, Kluiver, Vieri, Ronaldo,.......so there you go I think Henry lose's on that. If you say Henry performed much better then these guys, fair enough bro. I give you correct, but then again I diss-agree with you saying there were players who performed much better the Henry too, these guys played outstanding scored many goals for their team and did not dissappear during a match. So there you go Inzaghi might not be in your list of Best strikers but just admit he did play much better then Inzaghi, so too Sheve N Crespo for Inter. So Henry loses on two fronts, if you think thats not the case plz by all mean tell me a good decent reason bro, and not like something Inzaghi is girly, boring to watch and goes offside many times. Who doesn't know that, but surely that didn't stop him from scoring many goals agains big teams such as Bayern, with all do respect.

N.O.R.F   

bro don't you think atleast being an Arsenal fan would benefit you?

I'm a scouser till i die mate ;)

Because i like they henry plays doesnt mean i shud be an Arsenal fan, only wish he played for lierpool but we have to make do with Emile 'barado gubatay' Heskey.lol

Ok Kluivert???i wont even comment on that one

The rest of the names u mentioned do have a case because they performed well in CL while Henry mainly did his this in one CL game (vs Roma :D ) and the rest of his performances being in the prem. So if u look at CL only, then Henry doesnt really have a case, but in the 'overall' season he was majic. U will prob come back with something like, the prem is easier than Seria A and La Liga, but i dont 'necessarily' believe that.

If u was chossing a team, would u have Henry or Inzaghi??

ps are u a spurs fan or sumfin?

smile.gif Dear Northener;

Am glad we have understood each other well and faced some facts here. You're absuletly right Henry should not have been voted into that team, just because he performed in the prem (birmingham, bolton, everton.....). What I don't undertand is why you mentiond Kluiver serperatly bro, Kluiver does have a higher rank N name then Henry but did very bad last season compared to Henry.

If u was chossing a team, would u have Henry or Inzaghi??

The question you're asking here is quite N far different the what the poll asked, then ofcoz I would chose Henry not doubt but ppl mix these sort of stuff, and claim Henry should have won the FIFA award. Infact am not totally sure "why" he was voted amont the top three, looking at ppl like Nedved N Maldini (but thats a totally different topic).

U will prob come back with something like, the prem is easier than Seria A and La Liga, but i dont 'necessarily' believe that.

......ps are u a spurs fan or sumfin?

To be honest don't you think the Seria A is more toucher then the prem, but still credit to Henry for playing such an outstanding game for Arsenal in the prem, but can I re-phrase that. If Henry came to the Seria A he would not have such good consistansy then he already has in the prem. Now let me carefull here, am not suggesting he will be crap but he would find it slightly more difficult then the prem.

And one more thing :D;) :eek: Ohh my days "NO" am not an spurs, Have no idea where did taht come from??? but do enjoy when Dalmats play, you see that kid found it hard in the Seria A and look at him now, rocking it N killing it.