Sign in to follow this  

HARRY POTTER - THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS?

Sorry for the provocative title. Just as it happens so, I saw Harry Potter last night with my cousin and we were friggin' shocked at how insanely dark this supposedly youth franchise was! Also we were laughing at inappropriate times, like when Harry shoves water into Dumbledore's mouth (just had read an article about elderly care), Helena Bonham Carter guest-appears as her regular self, and when some pathetic person actually started crying (sniffing) when Dumbledore dies. All in all it was a movie with unbelievably lousy, over-the-top acting and darkness which was just odd (a scene with a cursed girl being lifted up by invincible forces and shaken before dropped to the ground, made me question whether the film was actually Exorcist 3).

There were 10-year-old kids in the audience.

Interestingly, Malfoy was the only interesting character in the film.

Anybody else seen it?

Chimera   

Yeah i liked the dark version of the - no sidekicks having - Malfoy. I was schocked when he kicked Harry in the face and knocked him out lol. Dumbledore's death should have been a bit more spectacular

ex: All the evil witches and wizards attack him at the same time but he still manages to repulse them until Snape enters the scene and finishes off a weakened Dumbledore from behind. Now you would think the so-called greatest wizard of all time was a silly push over with a beard.

Originally posted by G G:

and when some pathetic person actually started crying (sniffing) when Dumbledore dies. All in all it was a movie with unbelievably lousy, over-the-top acting and darkness which was just odd

What the bloody hell? i'll have you know i'm NOT pathetic, i was um.. umm just...

Oh what the hell, i balled my eyes out too, how could you NOT? Dumbledore is like family, after all these years he DIED!!! you are HEARTLESS, HEARTLESS i say... :D

p.s- It was NOT lousy, dark YES, but lousy? PREPOSTEROUS!!!

A.Z Malfoy was the best thing in the film, the beauty of him turning to the dark side unwillingly... He is definitely far more interesting than that "You're-the-chosen-o ne-Harry-He-is-the-c hosen-one-I'm-the-ch osen-one" Harry Potter. I agree that Dumbledore's death was "meh".

Somali'centric LOL @ you! When one is tired & hungry, one ends up laughing at everything, we thought it was pretty satanic in some scenes. We were looking at the props to find hidden signs and messages referring to secret societies lol. We did find the owl but that was fairly obvious! ;)

Yes, this is our view of having fun at the movies! We also couldn't stop laughing at Helena Bonham Carter whom we thought did a cameo 'cause she looked and hissed exactly like her off-screen persona!

Btw I didn't say the film was lousy, I said the acting was! Its a mystery how these kids can do acting for 6 years and still not get it. But the biggest mystery of all? I couldn't work out why anybody would fancy that unattractive red-hair Ron over the hot athletic guy! icon_razz.gif

P.S. They cast plenty of black people this time round.