Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

I Hate Speed Cameras

Faheema.   
The Verdict: £90 fine and must attend a 2hr educational course called the 'Speed Awareness Workshop' instead of receiving 3 penalty points on my licence smile.gif Apparently this only applies to motorists detected exceeding 30mph and 40mph speed limits (within a certain criteria). What a relieve! smile.gif

Nephissa   

^ Good for you.

I hate speed cameras aswell, the only traffic enforcement cameras that I like the idea of are red light cameras. Red light jumping is getting worse every day, with people actually accelerating when the lights change to amber in front of them, so that they can get through before it goes to red [and often they can't in time] just so that they don't have to sit and wait for a few more minutes.

I was very nearly side-swiped the other night by someone who jumped a red light. If I'd moved off a second earlier he would have smacked me square in the side and probably would have killed me.

peasant   

You should every once a while spray mud on your license plate and if the cops stop you just pretend you came from off roading activity. Obscure at least two digits of your plate, i heard it works but havent tested yet. :D

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by +Faheema:

The Verdict
: £90 fine and must attend a 2hr educational course called the
'Speed Awareness Workshop'
instead of receiving 3 penalty points on my licence
smile.gif
Apparently this only applies to motorists detected exceeding 30mph and 40mph speed limits (within a certain criteria). What a relieve!
smile.gif

Is they what they do these days?? 'Speed Awareness Workshop' I wonder who set that up and how much of the £90 goes to them. Faheema do ask if your lecturer for this workshop was a former Police officer :rolleyes:

Faheema.   

^ There were two, a former Police officer and a driving instructor.

Another £90 fine and a 2hr workshop, this time 'Red Light Awareness Workshop' and a saving yet another 3 penalty points smile.gif

Faheema, you're becoming a regular at these joints. Made any friends yet?

I've never been fined for speeding but have been fined 4 times for parking in an inappropriate place or conveniently forgetting to get a ticket or not coming back to the car on time.... £60 each.

Whenever I'm driving in a road I'm not familiar with, I turn on my TOM TOM, and it tells me where all the cameras are and how far ;)

Som@li   

I got caught a week ago,and now i lose three points +$. The feeling of knowing the camera will get you seconds before the flash ..disturbing, I hate them. redface.gif

N.O.R.F   

^Had to renew my 'mulkiya' recently. You don't want to know how much I had to fork out for speeding.

Now we have to contend with a camera every 1 km as well new cameras hidden in trees :rolleyes:

People have slowed down though so that's a relief.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Faheema:

^ There were two, a former Police officer and a driving instructor.

Another £90 fine and a 2hr workshop, this time
'Red Light Awareness Workshop' and a saving yet another 3 penalty points
smile.gif

You went through a red light? :eek:

Malika   

I hate careless drivers,after seeing fatal coalistions on the roads and the damage it causes..I think there should be more penalties given to such drivers,rather then a mere £90 pounds!

Lucky for you,its only £90 pounds and not someones life.

MZanzi   

I respect cameras that are placed in areas that warrant it.

PS:Only ppl who get caught doing something they shouldn't complain.

Faheema.   

Malika, I Agree and it may sound like I am careless driver, but far from it. I got the Red light fine for giving way to an Ambulance. Nevertheless, I violated the law so I have to pay smile.gif This is actually my second offence and have been driving for just over 10yrs.

These Cameras don't catch those who constantly speed and break all traffic laws. It's a hit and miss.