Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Aviation-Discuss here.

There are several nomads who are into aviation, or want to make a career out of it. I am neither one, but i read it for fun.

If anyone has a question about Aviation (Civil, Military) post it here, and we can have a general discussion. My son is also in the air force, i will try to get him to post here things he know.

nuune   

Nin Yaaban, how are you man, I missed your thread here smile.gif

Is your son still serving in the air force, share any experience or stories.

Kool_Kat   

Huh? Nin Yaaban has a son old enough to serve in the air forces? Mansha'allah!

Nuunka, aviation markaa aragtay, meesha kaalafooto maa kusoo gashay?

nuune   

Koolokaat, ehehe haa kaalafooto wey dhaaftey sheekada smile.gif , ma yaabteyna Nin yaaban wiilkiisa US air force uu ku jiraa,

PS: We don't have any nomads who are into Aviation, if they exist, come out and lets discuss this important field.

^u are a nomad, waana duushaa, ee why don't you facilitate the discussion? For instance, what are some of the factors contributing to the growing number of plane crashes? The crashes are becoming very common (all sizes), so much so that the number of crashes in a month can be two or more if not every other month, especially in the first half of this year.

Ps: I love flying but I'm fearful now of all the reporting of big planes crushing lately, at the same time, I don't think that will stop me from flying in august. The best part about flying for me is the take off, I always request a window seat and take in the scenery. (I guess thats as much as I can contribute to the topic and brrrrrrr, brrrr to all the pilots and all they do for us passengers)

Pss:Nuune, no one can forget your intimate knowledge of the AIRBUS that recently crashed over the atlantic, especially the fine reporting you did of the crash itself. Did they ever find out the black-box? Why did that plane take a noise-dive over the atlantic?

Originally posted by nuune:

Nin Yaaban
, how are you man, I missed your thread here
smile.gif

Is your son still serving in the air force, share any experience or stories.

2003 duuliye ma ahayn yaah.

War ninka yaaban wuuba noo gambadee, even six years ago ayuuba lahaa wiil old enough to be a duuliye. Waaw.

nuune   

^^ MMA, at that time, I was into avionics, the pretty side of planes smile.gif yeah Nin Yaaban waa noo ganbadey lol

LayZiegirl, well it is good to know Somalis are into aviation, it is a very interesting side, I think I have said enough many times about my journey in getting into this field, but will share again Inshaa Allaah smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

^Nuune, ever been on the A380? We live near the airport and can at times see this huge thing of a plane descending. What a sight!

Also, how does the Dreamliner compare to the A380?

nuune   

Torres, no, I haven'ty being inside the A380, but seen it at Dublin airport takin off and landing for trial exircise.

A380 Versus Boeing B-787 Dreamliner, Airbus's initial aproach was to catch up the wide body of Being 747, but that was met by A340 which is huge as well, now Airbus got A350(new one) which is direct competitor to the size and everythin the Dreamliner got.

It all comes down to how many passengers they can take, A380 takes the record from 555 to a staggering 800 passengers, but the plane is ugly, so ugly and looks so freakish, laakin beautiful inside and more room for anythin and anyone, late night bar and spa etc, it got all smile.gif

The Dreamliner is more beautiful, well structered, looks thin and is the real killer of A380 on the looks and overall design, and it got speed and direct, they don't care about passenger capacity, it can take upto 300.

So, basically the two planes A380 and Boeing B-787 differ in many areas, the Dreamliner got A350 as a real competitor, they are too late for A380 which is way ahead of the Dreamliner.

Plus the Dreamliner won't be available until late 2009, too much glitches which gave A380 more room and space to do alot of work and A380 exircised and entertained the world by landing in all major airports.

The Dreamliner

Boeing-787-Dreamliner-06-553x414.jpg

2693332021_32efee86b5.jpg

A380

Now compare all that to Somali Airlines 747-400 Jumbo Jet smile.gif

somaairlinescopyright.gif

A rare picture indeed, I am sure most of yous haven't seen this beautifull picture

LoL nuune digging up 6yr threats. Thanks for asking about the lil man. He has since been discharged and is on the commemorative civilan side of the fence. He in Cali on some contracting assignment. Anymore questions about it, and I will get him to answers it, or atleast give me the info to let you folks what little he can he

I am gonna have to had say I lost comfort in flying after that frech airplane and more recently the African aircrash that has happened, not too enthuist about planes on anymore.

nuune   

^^ Jaajuumka, shukran walaal smile.gif

MMA, lool, that was some shiit, but beautifull, I love the jumbo jet landin in dat beach though, just so adorable :DKobtan guji