Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Why are Somali men unromantic?

Modesty   

Is it me or every Somali guy doesn't know how to treat women? Like they don't hold doors for you, or on a date, they don't pull your sit out for you. Or they don't give gifts,or bring you flowers, but the non-Somali guys will treat you like royalty. LOL, well maybe it's a "Farah" thing and we have to accept it. I have also noticed the younger generation that grew up in America don't respect women, they consider them to be h@s like BET or something. Anyways, that's my rant for the day. :D

Chimera   

Go for a muslim Ajanabi then sister, Somali women have flaws but we men adapt. If you cannot teach your Somali man romance then maybe your not that romantic after all.

I remember a goodlooking friend of mine who could have easily eloped with a morrocan or a turkish girl in NL but the poor guy was in love with a Somali girl and he did the whole ''one knee and a ring'' routine at a restaurant and she rejected him but accepted a non muslim Ajanabi later on and look at her today children,divorced,debt it's a true mess

know the difference between reality and Fantasy sister!

Modesty   

Ok, my problem is I can't see myself with ajnabi guy, I haven't given one a serious try ...I guess I have to "teach" one how to behave :rolleyes:

winnie   

i think somalis in general are *very* romantic, but the guys just have to feel comfortable to show it, cause they are very macho too. they are scared shi**less that they will be clowned. given the opportunity and the confidence they'd surprise you. i dont think there is another culture that celebrates love the way we do, we treat it like this clandestine thing that elders have to admonish openly but secretly revel and celebrate. other cultures may be known to be romantic, but really what they celebrate is the wooing part, how to "win" someone's heart, whereas somalis talk about being "struck", "attacked" or "consumed" by it... just my opinion.

funny how somalis like to point out the random somaliyaad who went for a non somali, and yet the vast majority of somali/non somali relationships involve a dude, even though the ratio of somali men/ women is heavier with the female population.

i think we are all aware of failed relationships where both parties were somalis... come on people, try harder.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Modesty:

Ok, my problem is I can't see myself with ajnabi guy, I haven't given one a serious try ...I guess I have to "teach" one how to behave :rolleyes:

OK, so you complain about Somali men being not romantic enough, but then reject the idea of marrying someone else. You have 2 choices:

1. Take a chance and go for ajnabi guy who may or may not be the rom,antic type you want(just because a man is not Somali doesn't mean he's romantic)

2. Go for a Somali guy and quit whining.

If you do decide on #1, you know where to look. :D

Baluug   

Well, I did hold doors open and buy gifts every now and then for the ex and stuff like that, but I wouldn't really consider that "romantic", I consider that common sense, something a man should do regardless, unless he wants to sleep on the couch.

P.S. How's that for a resume? :D

Paragon   

Romance? Romance is the fringes of emotional battle-ground my dear. Give in one inch and you'll find yourself (pre)occupied for the rest of your life. Romance, eh? Thanks, but no thanks.

Why are Somalis backward, why are Somali man unromantic…. The amount of why’s in SOL are getting out of hand, am sure soon we shall have a thread asking why dogs lick there balls?

NGONGE   

^^ JB and Zafir are away today. They know the answer to the question about the dogs but they refuse to tell me and keep teasing me about being underage. :(