Sign in to follow this  
KEYNAN22

This Barbarian Primitive Act Must Stop Now!!

Nephissa   

One of the scary things is that it's often the girls mothers who take them to Somalia or Arabaha to mutilate their little innocent daughters. Apparently they are afraid that they will not be able to marry their daughters off if they don't have it done. It's because of this that this practice will happen more and more.

I think this could've died out years ago if infact men took initiative and said they wouldn't marry a girl who has been mutilated (Period.) MEN: That's something positive to start. The more you (men) say that, the more shunned the mothers will be and eventually it'll be a very rare occurence. But will you? mise waa Alle-U-baahne wada miiran! :rolleyes:

Som@li   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

U appear to let the men off the hook using ignorance but refuse such comfort for the women. Both non-action and action can stem from ignorance but I don't believe using the ignorance explanation so freely does the matter full justice.

To assume a loving father or mother is incapable of wronging their own child is denying the capability of the human to commit injustice and crime in the name of love. We are complex creatures; a caring parent can still inflict pain; such is human nature.

Somali men know about it every time they have sex with a Somali woman; stop pretending they're clueless. Not doing anything is a choice just as doing something is; the choice to conform or not is available to each parent. They're all in it together or it would have fizzled out long ago. [/QB]

Some Somalis believe it is a "religious duty", and would break any law to do it. It isn a bad custom, Somalis say, Caado lagooyaa Cadhe Alle bay leedahay,so it is obvious how somalis are adamant and stick to cultural beliefs.

Many countries do have bad customs, have u observed how some Kenyans make this BIG cut in their lips, and put some rings.

Insha Allah ,with massive education, this horrible culture will die out. Already, there is so many success stories from back home.

Ps. My apology for my misunderstanding earlier. smile.gif

-Lily-   

You are all talking about education; time is running out for these girls, no amount of education will save them. Its here and now for them.

I think the fact that so many Somali women have been mutilated and survived does not make it an excuse for others to continue doing it. When girls had FGM performed on them back home, it was a national thing; everyone else had either undergone it or would be. Now it's a completely different thing, the psychological damage must be unimaginable, where your parents take you from a safe place to have you mutilated all in the name of 'naqan'. I wonder how some would react if it was a child that was physically beaten every time, I'm sure that would get more sympathy rather than FGM which too many are too desensitized to.

Alle Ubahane, culture has no use when it is harmful. Before you open your mouth next time perhaps you should do some research into the harm caused by FGM to the female health? I wonder if it is a mere coincidence that Somali women have the highest death rate in the world whilst giving birth. These kinds of 'cultures' as you call will be gone sooner than you can blink. And just because parents choose not to harm their children does not mean they have been 'westernized'.

Valenteenah I completely agree with you. As for The Point and others, you are arguing over technicalities and terms, there is nothing ambiguous about the fact that removing God given body parts is not only immoral but also a punishable crime. To plead ignorance is pathetic. It's too bad for this Somali dad, perhaps his punishment will save countless other Somali girls.

Alle-Ubaahne....Ma sidee Kaatay, mase you are just looking to stir some trouble knowing some people might get passionate.

Gudniin Gabdhaha is just pain and agony.It serves no purpose. N there is certainly no justification for it.

Why should be circumised them anyway Alla_Ubah?

Please don't say it is our dhaqan!!!

KEYNAN22   

Somali women should enjoy sex as much as the male, period. I wouldn't wanna have sex with a vegetable. What kind of man would want to have a wife who's gone through this kind of procedure? :confused:

Zafir   

^^I second that.

Keynaan, FYI, not the entire clitoris is cut, hence there is feeling and yes they most certainly do enjoy.

I completely concur with most of the posters here; the father should get what he gloomily deserves. Sandwiched the two men Naden talked about preferably.

Woowoo Ghana, way to go

Ps: I says hi to everyone from Cuba, Veradora.

Originally posted by WaTerLily:

You are all talking about education; time is running out for these girls, no amount of education will save them. Its here and now for them.

I think the fact that so many Somali women have been mutilated and survived does not make it an excuse for others to continue doing it. When girls had FGM performed on them back home, it was a national thing; everyone else had either undergone it or would be. Now it's a completely different thing, the psychological damage must be unimaginable, where your parents take you from a safe place to have you mutilated all in the name of 'naqan'. I wonder how some would react if it was a child that was physically beaten every time, I'm sure that would get more sympathy rather than FGM which too many are too desensitized to.

Alle Ubahane, culture has no use when it is harmful. Before you open your mouth next time perhaps you should do some research into the harm caused by FGM to the female health? I wonder if it is a mere coincidence that Somali women have the highest death rate in the world whilst giving birth. These kinds of 'cultures' as you call will be gone sooner than you can blink. And just because parents choose not to harm their children does not mean they have been 'westernized'.

Valenteenah I completely agree with you. As for The Point and others, you are arguing over technicalities and terms, there is nothing ambiguous about the fact that removing God given body parts is not only immoral but also a punishable crime. To plead ignorance is pathetic. It's too bad for this Somali dad, perhaps his punishment will save countless other Somali girls.

So, are you suggesting Naag-buuryo qab ah inaan guursano? The fight continues, and we know who is going to win ultimately, insha-Allah.

^LoooL. One would think u'd never seen a buuryo with that comment u just made. It is absurd, since when do u women have a buuryo? The purpose of that expression is to convince girls there's something male about them that needs removing(leading to real femininity) and to convince men that sleeping with an uncircumcised woman is just as bad as sleeping with another man.

Kixkix. The absurdity of it all.

Zafir, are u in Cuba or am I misreading that comment?

-Lily-   

^^^looooooool

Alle Ubahane, Sorry I cant continue arguing with you. Clearly you are of a bygone age. If it was filthy Allah wouldn't have created it and it serves a function. Get over it.

It won't be long before we read about your jail sentence either :D

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

So, are you suggesting Naag-buuryo qab ah inaan guursano?

War ninyahoow, would you please stop spreading your disgusting miasma around... you're poisoning the air every time you open your contemptable mouth.

Originally posted by WaTerLily:

^^^looooooool

Alle Ubahane, Sorry I cant continue arguing with you. Clearly you are of a bygone age. If it was filthy Allah wouldn't have created it and it serves a function. Get over it.

It won't be long before we read about your jail sentence either
:D

Subxaanalaah, What did I do here? :D:D War waala bi'i waayay, caradiiyoo dhan waa qasan tahay, walee.

Look guys, let me be honost to you. I understand the plight of girls in undergoing such practices, but why can't we stop it after our generations, because for us, at least from my perspective, it seems we're unready to gear up towards that path which leads to the non-FGM.

Can we compromise it just in our generation, and by the time I become Sixty, I will make sure we'll help you out in making sure that practice is ceased once and for all.

Let's strike a good deal here!

Xoogsade   

Meeshaan cadaalad kama socoto ka waran hee.... Odaga lee aa wax laga sheegaayaaye aaway habartii gabadha dhashay? Islaamaha soomalida ma yareestaan laftirkooda. Aniga waxay ila tahay aabayaasha gabdhahooda inay aad u jecel yihiin badankood oo haddii hooyada dhahdo gabadha lama gudaayo warka meesha ku dhammaan lahaa. Aabbe kaliya dambi kuma lahan.

Alla-Ubaahne camal ma sheegin, asaga waa iska caddahay inuu gudi lahaa gabadhiisa. Qalad ween waaye waxaas, dambi ween waaye qof bani'aadam korkiisa in loo jaro because the culture demands it.

Wiilasha haa, that is a must and no question about that, but gabdhaha arrintooda wax faa'iido oo ay keeneeso ma jirto.

lol@buuryo, marka horeeyba soomaalida magac xun u bixiyeen si looga taqaluso.

Here is another FGM tragedy. A promising life cut short.

Kenya shock at mutilation death

_41802584_photo203.jpg

Pamela's mother, Julia Kanuu, did not want her daughter to be circumcised

Kenyan villagers have been shocked by the death of girl who bled to death after trying to perform female genital mutilation (FGM) on herself.

Pamela Kathambi did the procedure on her own because she was being teased by her friends for not being circumcised in the remote village of Irindi.

Her mother told the BBC that she had refused to allow her 15-year-old to be circumcised last year.

FGM is banned in Kenya, but remains common in some areas.

In some communities it is believed that circumcision will maintain a girl's honour and is part of a girl's initiation into womanhood.

She used to be called names by her age mates and friends - 'mukenye' - the name given to uncircumcised ladies

Pamela's mother Julia Kanuu

Julia Kanuu said she found her daughter lying in her bed on Sunday, complaining of a stomach-ache and she had asked for some tea.

It was only after the tea had been made that Pamela admitted what she had done to herself.

"She used to be called names by her age mates and friends - 'mukenye' - the name given to uncircumcised ladies," Mrs Kanuu said.

"I realised that girls who are not circumcised have gone ahead with education and are doing well in life so I didn't want her to be circumcised."

'Hard-working'

The BBC's Wanyama Chebusiri says scores of villagers were milling around the family's homestead discussing the issue in low tones a day after her burial on Wednesday.

_39966364_somaliafgm_ap203bok.jpg

Female circumcision is banned by the Kenyan government

"Pamela's death is a loss to the village because she was a very hard-working lady who would have studied and become someone in the future," one woman said.

A local chief in Meru district, central Kenya, said this was the first instance of self circumcision he had heard about and the government had stepped its anti-FGM campaign.

The FGM operation involves the partial or total removal of the external genital organs.

It is practised in 28 countries, mostly in sub-Saharan Africa