Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

Romance at the Taj

^Cid ka maad tagin. Lol. U sure tip-toe your way around women. Thanks. smile.gif

I didn't visit the Babri Mosque- it's not there anymore for starters. It was burnt down in 1992.

Hindus claim the Mosque was built(way back in the late 16th century) on land that had a Hindu temple commemorating the birthplace of Rama. When the British left India, they divided the Mosque into two sections so that Hindus worshipped outside an erected fence and the Muslims within the mosque.

In 1992, a couple of representatives of the BJP(a political party), the VHP(World Hindu Council) and their supporters descended upon the mosque and destroyed it. Other mosques and Muslims and their homes were also attacked. Official figures put the mosque attackers at 75,000 though others estimate it to be more like 200,000. 2000 people lost their lives and Muslims took their anger out on Hindus in Bangladesh and Pakistan.

The BJP rose to power(Hindus make the majority of the population) and the campaign to build a temple on the site intensified. In 1990 the then President of India asked the courts to prove their was a temple beneath the site but the courts refused- they weren't going to make decisions based on historical evidence.

Muslims have been campaigning to have a mosque built over the site whilst the VHP has announced deadlines(that have passed) by which a temple would have been erected. Nothing stands there now. I think it's still with the courts. In 2003, the Prime Minister said he firmly believed the Babri mosque was built on the site of a Hindu temple. And on it goes...

From this..

285px-Babri_rearview.jpg

to this..

150px-Babri_Rubble.jpg

Xoogsade   

Sheherazade, Thanks for the picture and the history lesson.

Cid ka maad tagin. Lol. U sure tip-toe your way around women. Thanks.

Nah, I do really admire the way many write here including some of the guys. My comment was to express that but not to tip-toe around women which I am not good at doing.

I am not gifted in writing so it makes sense for me to admire others who are and hope I could write like them someday ;)

PS: I don't understand women most often and miscomunicate with them. I was given up on. Thanks for the info again. Didn't have time to reply sooner.

^U're welcome. Miscommunication is not a good thing in any kind of relationship. Other than that, your pleasantness shows through well enough and will get you far. I spent quite a bit of time reading up on that mosque so I could share it succintly at your request. :eek: Nice boys have far too much power. :D

Speaking of India and miscommunication. Today at work a group of us spent a good 15 minutes talking about India- me mostly. Things were going pretty well when..

Colleague: on the whole would you say India is worth visiting?

Me: Yes, especially Rajasthan...

Colleague: and where's that? Is it another country or part of India?

Err. Eh?

Khalaf   

"on the whole would you say India is worth visiting?"

Sheh I was thinking along those lines, why would a non-Hindi spend money to go to India out of all the places in the world, unless its free of course. Just to see the Taj come on? Kashmir-maybe its beautiful landscape. So Sheh why did u go to India?

PS: U might have answered that, I didn't read your posts too long :D , except the history about the Africans in India I read, interesting. Peace

^ I don't entertain lazy readers, I cooperate with more active ones who have imagination enough to want to experience another culture and country, and read about it without having to wonder about 'reason'.

I will give you this for I'm feeling generous: I went because my husband was placed there by his company. :rolleyes:

Khalaf   

Walaalshiis, I asked a simple question out of curiosity and u called me lazy, unimaginative, and unwilling to experience other cultures. That was very uncalled for, rude and disrespectful on your part. But I guess that is just traits and habits you have since u do it quite often.

Walaalshiis u are anything but generous, infact u make it a habit to put others down and make yourself look good-judging from your posts, but I won’t disrespect u so Ill leave it alone. Salaam.

^ Sensitive. Listen, this is a post about India, which u feel nobody should see unless it's a free-ride. If u want to disrespect India u have come to the wrong thread; if u want to question the nature of my visit, it's none of your business if it's not obvious. If u can't be bothered to read the contents, don't expect to be spoon-fed a re-run. You are being lazy, you are disrespecting a whole country, and if u can imagine visiting Kashmir(which u see as beautiful and which incidently is also under India on the map- then why need a reason to justify a visit to India? It must be your imagination that's holding you back, or prejudice.

U can call me rude, etc, it's your opinion. I shan't be avoiding you as a result but if u can't handle my method of communicating or my sarcasm by all means, namaste, there's the darwaaza.

tired of lazy responses :(

Khalaf   

^ Sensitive. Listen, this is a post about India, which u feel nobody should see unless it's a free-ride. If u want to disrespect India u have come to the wrong thread; if u want to question the nature of my visit, it's none of your business if it's not obvious. If u can't be bothered to read the contents, don't expect to be spoon-fed a re-run. You are being lazy, you are disrespecting a whole country, and if u can imagine visiting Kashmir(which u see as beautiful and which incidently is also under India on the map- then why need a reason to justify a visit to India? It must be your imagination that's holding you back, or prejudice.

--Sensitive? More like insulted by your words walaalshiis. I don’t like being called names which I am not or being disrespected, since I said nothing disrespectful to u in the first place. The question was innocent and very simple-Why did u go to India? If u felt that was personal (it was a curiosity question asked towards anyone who travels), all u had to say was its none of your business, there was no need to be negative and call me those filthy names-as Muslim should have higher standards for yourself even in these public forums.

Subhana walaalshiis, where did I disrespect a whole country? How am I prejudice and lack imagination? It was a simple question, and my opinion. What sheh I can’t have an opinion? If I believe that in this huge globe with many destinations, India is not at the top of the list-therefore I most be racist against visiting India? You have issues, u have to make an argument about small things.

U can call me rude, etc, it's your opinion. I shan't be avoiding you as a result but if u can't handle my method of communicating or my sarcasm by all means, namaste, there's the darwaaza.

---You are rude and disrespectful, that is my opinion. You have to make an issue of a simple question, I don’t get it. Walaalshiis maybe too much reading and sitting in front of the computer is turning u bitter and angry go outside enjoy the sun, take a walk and cool off.

Salaam

My hypocrisy, re-read your holier-than-thou words and then examine whether u have responded as u have recommended I should. And yes u did suggest India wasn't visiting uless for free, so subhanallah somewhere else, and what do u understand as filthy?

Get hooyo to wipe away your tears.

Move on.

Khalaf   

Walaalshiis don't let my respectful nature fool you.

I know sheh its ur habit instead of addressing the question at hand instead label people and put them down thats just your traits its all over SOL. Its cool walaalshiis act all u want.

I am not holy, I am simply a Muslim and my hooyo has taught me to always respect others and don't call them disrepectful names, if u disagree then kindly let them know why they are wrong instead acting like u did.

Again sheh since u can't read walaalshiis, I said out all the places India is not a

priority. Good to see though, how U defend a pagan country and turn around to disrepsect a fellow muslim. Peace

Move on I agree. Do take a break yourself, drink cold water and chill.

Perhaps u should read yr original words. I can't be bothered with you and your denial, much less your repetitive analysis of me. U sound kind of familiar, overly so.

Defend a pagan country? If u claim I'm defending India, it must be because u attacked it.

Speaking of India, this topic is for her and its 120 million Muslims, rather defend them than u, kid. Move already. icon_razz.gif

Khalaf   

I attacked India walaal?

Heres what I said: Sheh I was thinking along those lines, why would a non-Hindi spend money to go to India out of all the places in the world, unless its free of course.

Again, that doesn't sound like an attack to me sheh. Out all the places in the world, India is not at the top of the list-my opinion. But then u made it an issue, which is crazy to me.

I am sure everyone that doesn't see it ur way sister is wrong, lazy, repeptive sounds familar.

And yes mame-Salutes u, Ill move on and leave u to ur topic. Good day sister.

Uff, well, it hardly sounded like something the Indian tourist board would use, does it?

Explaining your words after they are questioned and still being blind to their original meaning, does not mean u get to reproach somebody for pulling u up on it. They were responded to on what they were and not what they got explained as at a later date. In fact, they still read the same to me- critical. So work on your writing.

Now, nikal jaw yahaase. Please. :D

Blessed   

^A man was asked maxaa Berbera ku geeyay, suu yidhi; 'faduul' :D

Thanks for the links, babes. One of my best friends was an 'untouchable' she tried to explain to me how horrible her people were treated. It got so bad that her dad changed religions because even in the UK they get looked down on.

Xoogsade   

Sheh, lol@Nice boys have too much power. Dealing with females is tricky, so one can't count on being nice only. I don't even want to list for its sheer length the rap sheet a man has to check to see if he has a chance with what Khayr called "The educated Young and The restless Women" :D I am better off calling hooyo and telling her "land" me a girl. Easy like one..two..three