Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Wearing wigs and hairpieces

Aaliyyah   

Wearing wigs and hairpieces, whether made from natural or artificial hair, for men and women

Asmaa' bint Abi Bakr said: "A woman came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, 'O Messenger of Allaah, I have a daughter who is going to be married; she had a fever and lost much of her hair - can I give attach false hair to her head?' He said: 'Allaah has cursed the one who attaches false hair and the one who has this done.'" (Reported by Muslim, 3/1676). Jaabir ibn 'Abdullaah said: "The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) issued strict instructions that no woman should add anything to her head." (Reported by Muslim, 3/1679).

Examples of this include the things known nowadays as wigs and hair extensions, and the many evil things with which salons are crowded. Also included are the artificial wigs worn by some actors and actresses who have no morals.

I always had this idea that its halaal if the hair piece is artificial.Apparentl y, it makes no difference.Its haraam either way.

anyways alhmadulilah its good to increase your knowledge and anything that you did out of ignorance Allah swt forgives..

source..

Questions and answers

Surely these questions are ones best asked in private meeting with your local sheikh. I don't see how people on this forum are of any benefit. All you get is a debate between the islamo-facist and the so-called moderates.

Aaliyyah   

^I was not really asking a question. But, sharing that hadith where the prophet pbuh prohibited women from adding anything to their hair.

salaam

Ok i see! What happened to you Sabriya, you use to be a moderate! What triggered your interest in Islam all of a sudden? I am interested to know for inspiration.

Salaam

Aaliyyah   

I dont believe in such thing as moderate or extreme muslims. That's just a way to divide muslims. One simply follows the Quran and the teachings of the prophet csw. And, I was always the same as I am today. I haven't changed one bit. Any change that you seem to see is just nothing but your own imagination ;)

salaam

What advise do you have for someone who never missed a single prayer but goes clubbing after salut Isha? There is a conflict between Islam and this decadent lifestyles of the west.

Aaliyyah   

^^^walaalo when one prays they pray in order to prevent themselves from doing anything haraam (ie backbiting, gossiping, going to clubs). So, I think that person needs to question himself/herself why he/she prays? What is the point of praying? am not saying do not pray alhmadulilaah you dnt correct a mistake with a mistake. But, one needs to deeply reflect on the point of praying.... which is to to ask for forgiveness and distance one's self from faxshaa (or things Allah ta'aala prohibited).

People make mistakes, its part of being human. Sometimes there's peer pressure and people seek to fit in. Perhaps he/she can make friends with people who practice the deen and implement it in their lives. cuz islam is a way of life, its not just praying. Praying is important bt it doesnt end there. That way they will push him/her to do good.

Inshallah that individual needs to repent and you know read the Quran, if they do not speak arabic maybe read the translation. Cuz once you understand the meaning then it will touch your heart.

inshallah all the best.

salaam

Ibtisam   

^^Tell him to get a wife, she'll never allow him to run wild on the streets after Isha!! :D LOL

On a serious notes, scholars say that your prayer is not complete, or not at its fullest- in terms of reflection/ khushuc/ concentration etc. So work on your prayer, then truly Allah's promise that the prayer keeps you away from faxasha and munkaar will work inshallah.

Aaliyyah   

^he said "someone" that does not mean he's talking about himself. icon_razz.gif

But yeah you have a point. I guess marriage is half of the deen and it does prevent one from seeking what allah swt prohibited.

salaam

Ibtisam   

^^Waa caadi dhee, he passes that advice on to whom ever. It would still be a general advice, I did not mean HIM personally! icon_razz.gif

The two most eligible Somali chicks in all of SOL discussing my clubbing habits and love life. This is the stuff dreams are made of.

P.S. I wasn't talking about myself when I said 'someone'

Ibtisam   

^^^So mean you are, evil man, maaxaad uuga qaarxiis, I was trying to help a brother out, the next step was so close, but now you've blow it out of the water. He is going to kill you! :D

NGONGE   

Did you know that a wig is a form of hijab for Orthodox Jewish ladies? True story.

If the below picture did not have any tags, could you tell the difference? (not the Nun I suppose). :D

together1.jpg