Sign in to follow this  
Sincere

Application for Asylum

Sincere   

I am back from a 21/2 year hiatus away from the forums, chat servers, and all other forms of web based “social†activities. Since my return I have searched for Somali forums, and I grew quickly disheartened when I saw the negative and derogatory comments that seem to prevail in majority of them. After some aimless meandering on the net I stumbled across this site, and it did not take me long to realize the caliber of the nomads, and moderators in here was impressive, and uplifting.

Positive forums like this, make the “Somali†net experience worthy of praise, and id like to congratulate the moderators and nomads on a job well done.

With that said and done i noticed a thread that mentioned something about letting the somalinet refuges seek asylum status in SOL. Since I recently applied for status there out of ignorance, is it to late to jump bail, and seek asylum here? I hope the foreign policy mentioned in the thread below takes into consideration my forthcoming attitude in divulging my dual applications, and sincere intentions of withdrawing my application on somalinet.

P.s. Can I post and respond to threads or am I considered “persona non grata†pending a verdict.

http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=003242;p=

Jaabir   

U either with us or with the terrorists.. chose which side you want ;):D

wlcm aboard brah.. hope you have a good time here..

Well you seem to be cohesive and well spoken fella...Since the poisinous influence of SomNet hadn't spread to your brain...I would say you definitely wouldn't have a problem here...So enjoy your stay and catch up to your hearts' content...bee bye

NGONGE   

Welcome saaxib. Since you're able to post on here already it sounds to me that your application has already been accepted!

The only rule in this site when new people arrive is for them to tell us all a very interesting story. Choose a day and a time to tell your story and tell us the details in advance so we can all gather round the SOL fire and hear you out.

Few pointers:

If you want to get into the good books of people on here try to vary your style..sometimes add a couple of Sawahili words here, a couple of Arabic ones there and when you're really being deep and meaningful, end your threads with a somali proverb.

This is not me talking, saaxib. It's the voices in my head! Shut up, shut up and let me tell he guy a few things. No, you shut up and get out of my head.

We each decided to talk to you privatly, saaxib.

I need some sleep :(

Originally posted by Darman:

U either with us or with the terrorists.. chose which side you want
;):D

terrorist meaning the "trouble makers" from Somalinet. :D

Darman is an undercover moderator and he is assigned to keep a watchful eye on you till you pass your propation.

Naah, I am just kidding with you. Enjoy your stay here walaal.

Welcome.

Curly   

Please disregard any comments made by our friend Ngonge, he has just recently discovered he is not of sound mind and health.

This is not some sort of sordid Masonic Somali website (which I hope doesn’t exist anyways!)

So there aren’t any weirdo rituals for new members as our resident psychopath has mentioned.

Anyways welcome to SOL and I hope this place doesn’t turn you into a raving lunatic as you will notice in time, we have a few of those but we’re not quite sure what it is about here that gets people like that.

NGONGE   

I was looking forward to his story, Sue! Why did you have to go and spoil it now? :mad:

Somebody has to tell me a story.

Curly   

Okay I'll tell you one.

Once a upon time there lived a man by the name of Ngonge...

(Should I carry on or have you heard this one before?)

Sincere   

Thanks for the positve responses.

Darman...lmao the terrorist mentality on somalinet has not yet influenced me

Scorpion ..thanks for the compliment ;)

Aeryn ..Glad to know my application has an "approved" stamp on it and has been filed :D

Curly , libaax and Cute...I appreciate the forewarning about the undercover moderator and the character with an alter ego

Last but not least Ngonge...for a minute i was naive enough to believe your initiation ritual handed out to the newbies and was in the process of searching through the vaults for an intriguing story, till Curly enlightned me about your state of mind. But thanks for the tips.

Anyway im going to sift through the forums and catch up.

P.s Ngonge does your alter ego have a name he prefers to go by, or is he still in the shadows of Ngonge.

dawoco   

Discreet, considering the fact that you r already on a first name basis with some of the nomads, a wlc seems a bit irrelivent :(

Still, let me give u a few pointers, when you post in a male domintaed section, be a bit of a misogynist. when in the womens section, be a man blaming feminist, when in sports section be a bit of a hooligen. :D

And if you wish to post in the camel milk debate section,,,just use ur thesaurus, write all the big words you can think of, using words that contain the letters x and y more than once.

Enjoy ur stay here, i'm sure you won't be a 'persona non grata' as long as u follow my advice ;)

As i am sure u have notices, we shelter all kinds of "unique" people here. So feel free to share ur thoughts with us, no matter how crazy they may be icon_razz.gif

lol ^^^^^ lol

Good advice :D

Wlcm Discreet, u discreet by nature? well will see soon enough. Hope you enjoy you new found space and interaction zone :cool: