Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Islamic organizations

Ibtisam   

Dedicated to brother Me

“ME” you asked me to provide an argument with regards to what I consider as the right Islamic organizations. I remember I told you I would do it in a few weeks, so as to deliver on my promise, below I have jotted down a draft of the elements which exclude so many of today’s “Islamic groups”.

The basic tenants I could think of for any organization is the following (I’ve ignored or taken for granted the obvious ones such as Muslim > Sunni> on the path of Qur’an and authentic sunnah.)

1) The first ultimate goal/aim of any “Islamic organization” must be to spread the Qur’an and Sunnah i.e. spread Islam and bring people back to worshiping the true God. This automatically rules out every organization fighting for power, fighting other sub sections, governments, land (Land does not include those defending their house/family, but these are classed as temporary organization rather than ones with global out reach, this also excludes resistant groups)

2) The second aim is build a community from the masses by providing knowledge and fundamental guidance based on the Qur’an and Sunnah. This also includes people who are already Muslims but do not follow the deen probably or of deviant sect, this the Islamisation and purification process of a society. This in the essence means reorientation of society towards the Muslim values and strengthening the community.

3) The third aim is to establish and maintain rule and order in the city/ country based on the Islamic legal system. The Islamic system is loaded with hierarchy and order of priority which would allow the existence and establishment of normal life. However this will only be accepted by people if you went through he process of Islamisation. Here we can rule out all organizations that try to mix and match, or pick and mix as it is better known. This includes those that try to establish Islamic democracy or clan Islamic democracy or any other sort of mix, which tries to bring the Islamic system with a man made one. It also excludes that suddenly bounce on a society and try and establish rules and laws from top down. No Muslim organization has the ability and resources to conquer somewhere, break down an existing society and hold power long enough to build it back up again.

4) A strong base needs to be built, including military mighty to defend that city/country. This rules out guerrilla organizations that try to expand their territory without establishing law and order in the areas captured and bringing the population of those areas fully aboard, and via education bringing them up to speed and giving them the same base as everyone else. This will keep your stronghold more rooted and wider. This is probably the key destabilizing factor that plagued the ICU and Al shahbabah.

5) To expand this system and bring more and bigger territories under this system. Resistance needs to be dealt with according to the Islamic laws.

Progressing through these stages takes a long time and cannot be done in six months, a year or two or even five.

Of course it has holes, these are just my ideas, and nothing is concrete in life, I also jotted them down quickly so it does not encompass everything or even 90%. If you don’t understand or agree with anything so far then say so.

I told you in the previous thread that I do not support any Islamic group/ organization because I cannot think of one that is 100% like they should be, without blending the deen either with culture, race, personal additions, personal gains, or the mix and match approach. I still maintain this position, however the obvious exception which I did not consider before is “DAWCA” based organizations, such as the Khalid Yasin Dawa centre, Ahamed Dedat institution and so on, whose aim is to bring about a change in perception and believe via the masses but admit that any visible change would take a lot longer than any of us will live to see.

An Islamic organization – such a broad term. The term can be used to describe any number of organizations, from Islamic insurance to Islamic banking to Islamic estate agents, etc. An organization does not necessarily have to be involved in dacwa or spreading the religion to use the word ‘Islamic’. As long as they are applying Islamic rules to the way they do things, its an Islamic organization.

From reading your points, I guess the type of organization you refer to are Dacwa organizations or Islamic system of governance for a region?

Kamaavi   

LOL@sidii shaydaan la naaray. :D

Isku somadi haddaan ka hadlayno

kaasi ku indho carara leh ma iila eka,

geesi hargyaysaawi ah ayaan ku ogaa.

Kamaavi   

Cakaara waa joognaa warkiina waba kaa soo dhacay,,..

Laakiin hadduu ninkaasi wax uuna ahayn aad

ku sheegtay waa ku jirtaa,,,,

Is jir aan ku dhahay aabo,,, :D