Sign in to follow this  
LuCkY

Gay Marriage:Whats Your Take?

LuCkY   

Yeah I know so dont bite my head off aight...LoL.

I aint sure if this issue has been addressed before but here goes.

As we aLL know homosexuaLity aint in the cLoset anymore but is out in the open,in your neighborhoods,schooLs,grocery shops and so on.Its not an issue that can just be ignored-its in your face and being optimistic isnt gonna heLp-to a certain extent anyway.The media nowadays portrays it as a Lighthearted matter when in reaLity it aint.They want homosexuaLity to be seen as a "Right" and now peopLe are fighting for their "right" for same-sex marriages. :rolleyes: I dont know if Ya'LL are updated on this issue or not but its a big one.

Yes I know we are MusLims so therefore this shouldnt concern Us right?Wrong.BeLieve it or not but there are SomaLis,Arabs and so on that are gays and Lesbians.

I saw a documentary on KPBS a month or so ago about this Women(arabs)that were Lesbians and CLaiming to be MusLims.There was part they showed her performing saLat-subxanaaLLaah :eek: and then Later taLk freeLy about her sexuaLity.They even had a parade i think it was in New York(i couLd be wrong)shouting "We are Arab American MusLims that are Proud to Be Gay" :eek: :eek: Im just recaLLing its sort of hazy but yeah.

So what do You think?What do you think is gonna happen...is same-sex marriage gonna win this case?Whats your take on this issue?

Of course Im against this no doubt.They are spreading their fitnah aLL over the pLace and I have no toLeration for that what-so-ever.

This issue has no basis in IsLam-its not Permitted...nor in Christianity or Judaism.

pearl   

i have seen that documentary as well...couldnt believe how one woman makes salat one minute and the next says " i cant take it anymore, no more hiding, i have lived all my life trying to please ppl and am not doing it anymore, this is me, i cant help it if am attracted to women..blah blah blah"...

the sad part is u can see this woman is really lost and wants guidance and thats why she was praying and had the hijab on...and may allah guide her..

as for this topic...same sex marriage is legal t.o. and so many ppl from different countries come here to get their marriage license.

its taught in schools everywhere...and alhamdulliah we have soo many islamic schools here so that our kids dont get too exposed in that, cuz now they have books for little kids talking about that shit..

the other day...my friend came upon this somali gay guy...at the subway with her mom. there was no doubt u would think his not gay from the way he dressed and carried himself...he had on highlights, lipstick, manicure nails, tight *** clothing(known to be wore by gays here) and had his legs crossed in such a way u would be amazed. my friends mom had no clue, but she did and wanted to see if he was in fact somali and started talking to her mom in somali and made up some fake crazy story which caught his attention cuz he looked at her direction. every guy that came on the subway he would look up and down in a seductive manner and finally a guy he was lookin at got pissed off and said "if u look at me one more time i'll f u up u f-ing gay"....the reply was what had me laughin for hours....which was the guy crossed and recrossed his legs, gave a sneered look and talked with his hands...no talk…. all body language...lololololol....i cant remember the last time a saw a girl do that..

whats even more funnier is that her mom heard it and said "eedo muxu karba galkaan"....he replied "moji"

WingA   

its funny how you raised this topic because my cuzin rents this house am staying at and the owner who lives down stairs is gay and she lives with her partner.. at first, i didnt care what they were but my cuzin told they kool ppl just living there lives not bothering no-one.. shes known them for a while now and they good friends.. they did alot for her and likewise..

in this life ppl live the way they want.. they have the choice to do whatever they want.. i dont know whether am accepting them or being a good tenant..

underdog   

My take is simple: I have no take on the issue.

The basis of the whole thing is wrong and is a blatant sin. In order to discuss gay marriage you have to get past the fact that it's wrong. The people who are concerned with the gay marriage issue have already put in their minds that "being" gay is OK, now they're moving on to getting legal rights as such.

Since we're all against "being" gay, it doesn't matter what they "should" be entitled to. To me it's still very much a crime and a dirty sin, there is NO take on anything beyond that.

Qac Qaac   

Yes every country has gay ppl. and as muslims gay is wrong, haram against our religion.

now if i go back to your question, which was do u think gay marriage will win.... my answer in western countries HELL YEAH... because they came out 4yrs ago, and everyone booed them, they were patient then they came out now, and now the got some considerations from places like Ontario. ilaahoow waan ku baryeena hana rogin Gobolka. as for how islam feels about it. read the story of Qawom Lut...

if the gays win now, what is next.. someone would come out and say the same thing again. i was hiding all mylife, but not anymore it is not human right, i have my rights, and i wanna be married to an animal.. to babe and so on... in islam. it stops things before it even happen... so let's stop this gayness thing right now, for the better of our environment..

N.O.R.F   

akhas,,,,,

what i think about those ppl shudnt be aired on here, hadi kale dambi aan isgelinayaye,,,just seeing them makes me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk, i wud never even consider talkin to one let alone knowing them,,,,yuk,,,,,,i feel sick now,,,,

Senora   

This is a big thing, and I have to admit its really starting to bug me...before I just wouldn't say anything, and thats realy because no one else would say anything about it....

But now, its pushed so mainstream, you can't even eat your food in peace withouth having this being shoved down your throats

Right now, I feel that when it comes to discrimination, I'm in favor of the gays. I don't think its right when they are denied certain access to things because of their sexial preferences...and Im just talking about them applying for jobs, or other things that don't have anything to do with their "gayness". Now of course there are special cases, but in general, if a gay were to be fired from a job because he was gay, or if a student recieved lower grades in a class because the teacher just didn't like the fact that he was gay....then to me thats not right.

What i just can't find myself to tolerate is how they are going about certain things....Allah has forbidden this, so it really gets me upset to here them say that this isn't a choice, and that they were born like this....i am not in their shoes, and i will never understand what they go through, but trying to think about it will only get me to question my faith, and i wouldn't do that for anything....

So what do You think?What do you think is gonna happen...is same-sex marriage gonna win this case?Whats your take on this issue?

I believe that eventually, gay marriages will be legal. How soon, its hard to tell because this whole issue to me has just blown up out of thin air, so i wouldnt be surprised if by next year this wouldnt be an issue anymore...

The whole idea of getting married for some is to benefit from being married( social status, as in acceptance....and tax cuts, etc).

...same sex marriage is legal t.o. and so many ppl from different countries come here to get their marriage license.

Yeah but the problem stems from not being able to be recognized as a married couple in other areas,(i.e; United States) and thats where there problem arises with these people

See, they have a hidden agenda here that really boils me.....they want us to change our attitudes on this, and i find that very disrepectful...they are going around talking about how we need to respect the fact that this is the way they want to live their lives, but they don't respect the fact that I don't agree with this, and I never will

I have met and been aquainted with gays and lesbians before, and whenever this sort of thing arose, i always let them know that personally, I dont agree with it, and i know that its wrong....if thats what you chose to do with yourlife, then you'll be judged for that.....but if they want my support in getting married, then I would say no

just like any other muslim on the face of this planet. i stand up and speak out againts Gay Marriage. it is "Haraam" and the Quran says so. think back and see what happened to those that praciced homosexuality during the "Qomuluud" era.

thank you .

Blessed   

I dhoon keer! It's not my country to be telling /worrying about how some ppl run their lifes and what man-made law says about it.

I don't bother gay man, gay man don't bother me. I let Allah deal with them cos me got my own sins to reckon with.

OG_Girl   

Exactly Ms London .... no one will ask me what they doing to their life but what I do to my life . I am not a position I can correct .. so leave the khalq lel khaleq !

salam

x_quizit   

The issue of Gay marriage in the West...2 outlooks..the 1st, im gonna play the devil's advocate...

1-this is what the west gets for trying to separate church and state from their constitution. When a state is build that way, how can u have hypocrisy/double standard, when they are not allowed to marry, cause its morally wrong, yet the state itself claims to be founded on so-called democracy, that religion has no basis in their constitution, that all ppl deserve the same rights, regardless...therefore they are in a lose-lose situation, in a corner, on one hand saying let's abolish the word God from the constituion, the other saying homosexuality is wrong because God says so...how can u say its wrong if u don't acknowledge God?(thats the argument i would use if i were a gay marriage supporter, which, of course, im not...just showing u the hypocrisy of the states, and the quandary they got themselves into...)

2-Now..my personal view...of course, we all agree that it is an immoral act that is clearly banned by most great religions, so the debate isnt if its right or not, but since its a personal choice should they be allowed to marry? NO!!!! because the definition of marriage as in all religions is btwn a man and a woman, and regardless if homo's wanna live their "alternative" lifestyles, they shouldn't try to adopt a tradition that stems from religion. Sadly..in tdot, there are 3 gay men so far that i know of, that came outa "the closet", and are calling for the support of their community..as if!! :eek:

Just a lil pet peeve i noticed about gay ppl...they say they want a relationship with the same sex, yet when they are together, is it just me, or have u guys noticed that one takes on the role of a man and the other of a woman...a lot of time, one guy would be very feminine, and one man the typical "manly" man...and for ladies...one is a butch, ie-short hair buzzed like a man, no makeup, manly clothes, while the other one is girly-girly...and when they are "married"...why do they put on the traditional clothes of heterosexuals if they don't wanna be associated with them? one wears a tux, the other a bridal gown...why not have their own "traditions" and why emulate the heterosexual ideal if u rejected the norm anyways? Just a few q's i'd ask a homo...

Cheers!

Curly   

you know after reading an article on "New scientist" about Gay animals and how their brains are actually wired differently to that of the heterosexual animals.

new scientist article

I started to think that maybe this maybe the case with Humans. Because It isn't as black and white people are lead to believe, you can't choose who you fall in love with.

Gay marriages should be allowed becuase, it's pointless telling them they can't it's not like as if it's going to change anything and some how make them heterosexual!, they'll still be living together in sin!

So how cares?!

Macalin   

My Take: I dont give a hoot!.....ts their lives,Tis their Khontry(am feelin french 2night excuse me..thanx yo :D )....

Ammendment X(not you bt the number,) Says:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people

-------The mayor of SANGaYSISCO , Is using this...its a very interesting legal situtation and if BUSH wins a second term,U best beleive they will try to ammend the constitution!....

in the name of Almighty God I shall curse every homosexual person I'll ever come across.

fakin stubidh- why does he need a man when he can get a woman. them people should be tortured...iimaankooda maxaan dhahaa! nacalatullah calaa wajhak! dadkaas walaahi wexey istaahilaan in aduunka dhan laga baabi'iyo. karahtak...allow cuduro ku rid ee la baqtiyaan. :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

Iffah   

Uff, I seem to be seeing more and more of these people now a days...at work, school & streets. But as it has been said before...it's their life, and their country and Allah will deal them.

I saw a documentary on KPBS a month or so ago about this Women(arabs)that were Lesbians and CLaiming to be MusLims.There was part they showed her performing saLat-subxanaaLLaah and then Later taLk freeLy about her sexuaLity.

That just kills me. Apparently, they know the deen well enough to know what they're doing is going against Allah, so why are they involved in it?

The other day I saw this Muslim man, who had contracted the HIV virus... from his male partner.The partner died of AIDS, now he's awaiting his own death.