Sign in to follow this  
Al-Rasheed

Why famine happens only in Africa?

STOIC   

Viking, get a kick out of this confusion .It is a simple mistake we all make.It wasn't up my alley either when he called me your name.May be he was a clockwatcher when he was writting those sentence (Pay attention to your job The Point :D )

ElPunto   

One farah is readily interchangeable with another - but weren't the Vikings stoic? I think it was some form of dyslexia on my part. :eek:

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Well, its not because they're stoopidh as some have said. The reason why africa is prone to famines is two folds: 1.
geography 2.
technology
. The lack of these contributing elements is what sets Africa apart from other continents in terms of famines suffered.

I wish you had explained more!

No one is denying the fact that famine can happen everywhere in the world because it has many causes. But at the same time we must not deny the fact that famine happens in Africa in a larger scale and people DIE because of it. If you conduct a quick random survey anytime any place in the world and ask where in the world people die of hunger, I am 110% sure what would be the answer. Emphasising on that many other places share the calamity and the horror of famine with Africa is an excuse for our terrible failure to manage a decent human life and to achieve self-sufficiency in food provision.

Originally posted by Didi Kong:

Anyway Huuno Viking you make some valid points but I have to remind you that you are sporting a dangerously non passive attitude by referring to yourself by one of God's attribute and name.

Ar-Rasheed

The Guide to the Right Path, The One who guides.

What the hell happened to people? Why everyone is Viking?

There are some names and attributes of the creator that can be taken by his creations. Names such as alHaleem, alHakeem, arRaheem and arRasheed are in that category.

I mean seriously who cares if you are Viking or not, I don't! Like someone before me said Farah's are interchangeable. I know some of God's names are allowed to be used with the definite article "al" in front of them but ar-rasheed is not one of them. You are just being defensive. Bring your proofs.

Droughts happen all over the world. Even in U.S.A, people who leave in California can tell what was going on couple years ago when power was being cut off during the days becuase the water level was to low to create enuff energy. In New Jersey two years ago they were having severe drought that they had to import water from other states. The whole southwersten united states as drought hazard zone.

Well the only reason why those states dont have disasters is because of good governing and the federal government. Now Imagine if U.S was 50 different countries who dont like each other. The result would be exactly like Africa.

I just came from Kenya where they are having drought problems and water shortages. Belive me when I tell this, If you leave anywhere outside of the northeasten region you wouldn't know that people in kenya were dying. In Nairobi they never run out of water, also in mombasa, kisumu and all major cities in kenya have water and power. In small town they ration the water, shutting it down for most of the days. In kitale where i was staying water only runs for 4 hours early in the morning. The problem that northeasten is having can be fixed by the government if they cared. The fact that Nairobi and other cities never run out of water is a sign that it can be done. Its been predicted that this years rain wont be enuff, so stock as much water as they can.

Originally posted by Didi Kong:

I mean seriously who cares if you are Viking or not, I don't! Like someone before me said Farah's are interchangeable. I know some of God's names are allowed to be used with the definite article "al" in front of them but ar-rasheed is not one of them. You are just being defensive. Bring your proofs.

You are wrong, some scholars say all with "al", can't be used, whereas some say some names are OK and some are forbidden. Example of that is as in the tafseer atTabari "arRaheem can be taken as a name/nick by humans but not arRahman"

You bring your proof that arRasheed is not one of them, as for me I will not use this name anymore to avoide any shubhah. Wallaahu aclam