best film

best director

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

BEST SOUND MIXING

BEST SOUND EDITING

BEST FILM EDITING

thumbs up. will go and see it now.

Khayr   

Jame's Cameron's ex-wife beat him out, on his most ambitious movie that all time box office king - Avatar. The academy was jealous and is full of fools. James Cameron should have won the Best Director nod - easily.

B   

^ not too sure there. I have heard excellent reviews for the Hurt Locker. avatar is visually amazing but it lacks style.

B   

why Anwar, the USA is spreading democracy! They want to help to liberate oppressed peoples. They are good nation. The Oscars is like the icy on the cake. The cake being delicious. lol.

Originally posted by Khayr:

Jame's Cameron's ex-wife beat him out, on his most ambitious movie that all time box office king - Avatar. The academy was jealous and is full of fools. James Cameron should have won the Best Director nod - easily.

Well said, well said.

guys Hurt Locker was immense, such an original and gripping film, very tense. overall A+

Avatar, besides special effects i give it B+, lacks originality with script.

Just my opinion:)

Funny thing people should complain about the Avatar script. I was bored one day so read it on IMSDB and it was compelling, quite good. I'd go as far as saying I preferred the original script to what we saw on the screen.

Cameron ruined his chances when he publicly asked the Academy to give the best director gong to Bigelow because "he already had two". That's like, beyond arrogant, and probably the best way to make everybody hate you.

But yeah, I think deep down inside, everyone knows Cameron did a magnificent job at directing the beast that is Avatar and should have won an Oscar for it.

Who watches the Academy Awards these days anyway? icon_razz.gif